Seniority Date was Wrong

DRporch

correct however he admitted to his mistake and told me "expect to work everyday now" i know im right i confirmed with my BA before i filed and my buddy who is a supervisor as well. and i was second from the botom because someone had less seniority then me

correct however he admitted to his mistake and told me "expect to work everyday now" i know im right i confirmed with my BA before i filed and my buddy who is a supervisor as well. and i was second from the botom because someone had less seniority then me
Why did they take you, While others are being laid off?

542thruNthru

Yes..... but what I’m saying is that on driver below him has been laid off over 30 days.

I apologize but I guess I'm missing your point. His transfer was approved even though they thought he had less seniority then he really does. So why would it not be approved now that he has more seniority?

I apologize but I guess I'm missing your point. His transfer was approved even though they thought he had less seniority then he really does. So why would it not be approved now that he has more seniority?
Why would they approve a transfer while they are laying off one or more drivers everyday?

DRporch

When such requests for voluntary transfers are granted, the employee shall go to the bottom of the seniority list for a period of one (1) year and shall have the right of job opportunity only in accordance with his seniority at such center. However, he/she shall exercise his/her Company seniority for layoff purposes and all other contract benefits. After one (1) year, his/her seniority date shall be dove-tailed.

Daf

You need to file ASAP. It needs to be timely or they may throw your grievance out. A whole year of seniority is a huge issue.

400 pkg car drivers.... in one location?

Where's that ?
Who writes this kind of language? No wonder they can’t figure it out.

When such requests for voluntary transfers are granted, the employee shall go to the bottom of the seniority list for a period of one (1) year and shall have the right of job opportunity only in accordance with his seniority at such center. However, he/she shall exercise his/her Company seniority for layoff purposes and all other contract benefits. After one (1) year, his/her seniority date shall be dove-tailed.

DRporch

yes we do have 2 centers out of one building as did my other one, my actual center in my old building had 40 routes on an extremely heavy day. my current center now has 200 drivers on its roster

bigrig

was this move under a change of operation. if do you would dovetail. if you voluntarily moved not following any work you would endtail. In some instances the will allow you to keep company time. for vacations your driver seniority starts over.