SLOW DOWN UPS DRIVER!?

Indecisi0n

tenor.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ignore them, they are the same people that blow through their own stops signs in the neighborhood and their kids drive suped up 240z like they are from the Fast and The Furious.

Tallman84

Back in the manual days I'd floor it in 1st gear at 5 mph and I'd still get yelled at telling me to slow down. Loud does not equate to fast.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
... though keep in mind that anyone could call your center manager, tell him or her where they saw you, and the manager could then use telematics to see if it is an overreacting soccer mom or if you really are speeding.

Just do the right thing out there. It ain't hard.
Yep. I’ve shut a couple people up real quick with this.

Slow down

me: I was doing 17 I’m not going any slower.

No way you were going that slow Ill call in and have you fired if you don’t slow down

me: go ahead they can look at the address and see exactly how fast we were going at any given time.

crickets.....

SandSpida

I got the “slow down” hands gesture from an old fart the other day. I was going 13 mph.
When I get the slow down hand signal I immediately start waving like crazy at them with a huge smile as if I am so glad to see them. The sidewalk speed police look so confused in my mirrors as I drive away.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
When I get the slow down hand signal I immediately start waving like crazy at them with a huge smile as if I am so glad to see them. The sidewalk speed police look so confused in my mirrors as I drive away.
Absolutely. Give them a weird or disgusted look, thumbs up and a smile, point right at them and nod your head...or my personal favorite...throw your head back in maniacal laughter

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I've had three ppl yell at my truck now for me to SLOW DOWN while going through their neighborhood. The first time I was doing 18mph... the second time i was doing 22mph on an unfinished, new construction road and all drivers know if i had been going any faster I'd be bouncing in the seat like a rally car driver, and the third time I was doing 20mph coming around a bend and the lady was walking in the middle of the street like a wild animal reclaiming nature after covid lockdowns.

Is it because the brakes squeak and make it sound like I'm aggressively braking? Or the fact that the engine rumble sounds like I'm gunning it when in reality Im just trying to get the friend&@"$ing thing moving?
Yes

SLW

Lol same! I instructed my helper to do the same thing during peak. I would always rather have people think (realize?) I'm incredibly stupid but friendly and just give up than get in some kind of altercation and try to "win."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep. I’ve shut a couple people up real quick with this.

Slow down

me: I was doing 17 I’m not going any slower.

No way you were going that slow Ill call in and have you fired if you don’t slow down

me: go ahead they can look at the address and see exactly how fast we were going at any given time.

crickets.....

....or you could either ignore them or simply don't engage them...