Snow day!!!

Seymour Packages

We delivered in 15-20 inches of snow many times. The younger generation are such pansies.
And I'm sure back in your day you had to feed the horses after you returned to the building every night. No, I'll use one of my option days and take it easy. Every business on my route will be closed tomorrow, and John Q. Customer will be fine for one more day without his flip flops from Old Navy. Work will be rolled tomorrow, no doubt.

rod

Retired 23 years
And I'm sure back in your day you had to feed the horses after you returned to the building every night. No, I'll use one of my option days and take it easy. Every business on my route will be closed tomorrow, and John Q. Customer will be fine for more day without his flip flops from Old Navy.
Just jerkin your chain dude. Stay home in your safe place.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Exactly..........just EC whatever you can’t get to. The days after the storm are worse.
I got an insanely awesome out of town route this year simply because no one else wanted to deal with it in the winter. I average between 60-80 stops and around 200 miles a day, it's one of the best routes in our center IMO. Yeah we get a lot of snow during the winter and yeah it sucks to deliver in, but I have learned where to indirect stuff when the roads aren't passable. I will definitely retire with this route and I am so happy a bunch of other drivers didn't have the balls to bid it :)

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've never experienced a 4 foot snowfall. We did get 32 inches one time which was neat. (The liquor stores were all open) .
We get some weeks/months where it snows feet of snow without stopping. No matter how much the plows run, they can't keep up, it makes for some long work days lol.

I got an insanely awesome out of town route this year simply because no one else wanted to deal with it in the winter. I average between 60-80 stops and around 200 miles a day, it's one of the best routes in our center IMO. Yeah we get a lot of snow during the winter and yeah it sucks to deliver in, but I have learned where to indirect stuff when the roads aren't passable. I will definitely retire with this route and I am so happy a bunch of other drivers didn't have the balls to bid it :)
The dust is worse than the snow.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
My route isn’t much different........90-100 stops and around 150 miles a day. Everyone that had this route before me had it until retirement. Only took me 26 years to get it.........lol.

My route isn’t much different........90-100 stops and around 150 miles a day. Everyone that had this route before me had it until retirement. Only took me 26 years to get it.........lol.
Was it even available 26 years ago? Must be the apex route