socialized healthcare

bacha29

You could call your state department of human services or Medicaid direct for more concise information.
PS A lot will depend on whether or not your state is an expanded Medicaid participating state. If it is not one then the eligibility rules are very strict.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The healthcare system kills 5x as many people as not having healthcare. Not sure I like those odds.
I know, the 45k that die per year without healthcare would probably all have been killed by a doctor anyway.
The more people that don't have healthcare, the more people will die from lack of healthcare.

The more people that have healthcare, the more people will die from healthcare mistakes.

Correlation, causation, blah blah blah.
Statistics are fun.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The more people that don't have healthcare, the more people will die from lack of healthcare.

The more people that have healthcare, the more people will die from healthcare mistakes.

Correlation, causation, blah blah blah.
Statistics are fun.

Not that I really care, I was just messing around. If you could come up with some numbers about percentages of deaths of people in both categories then we could talk about that.

rickyb

rickyb

so my parents travel to america for vacation. my dad now has heart problems. when you travel to america as a canadian, you are not covered by the govt of either country for healthcare. so you have to buy privatized travel insurance.

before my dad had heart problems it used to be i think he said $500 for 3 months. its now $4000 or $1500 if he declines coverage for any heart problems. to be fair, he eats like a pig and doesnt do running or similar exercise.

but some people have health problems through no fault of their own, and this system would prevent them from travelling with healthcare if they couldnt afford or chose not to afford it.

rickyb

my dad was talking to a lady who sells some kinda insurance but not travel medical insurance and she says its the most crooked business going.

not that we dont have a corporate crime wave of course. id guess the rot in the political scene is a reflection of the rot in the corporate board rooms.

rickyb

in canada the govt does not ask you a long list of questions about your health history to get healthcare. you just get it.

when you travel outside of canada, and if you buy travel insurance they ask you a bunch of questions. if you fill out the form wrong, its null and void.

america's most expensive healthcare system in the world screws over people besides just americans.

Last edited:

in canada the govt does not ask you a long list of questions about your health history to get healthcare. you just get it.

when you travel outside of canada, and if you buy travel insurance they ask you a bunch of questions. if you fill out the form wrong, its null and void.

america's most expensive healthcare system in the world screws over people besides just americans.

Manulife is a Canadian company headquartered in Toronto. sounds like a good place for you to protest this weekend. Why does this Canadian insurer ask medical questions in the first place?

rickyb

Manulife is a Canadian company headquartered in Toronto. sounds like a good place for you to protest this weekend. Why does this Canadian insurer ask medical questions in the first place?
yea we should. manulife was in the documentary, and i am covered by manulife at my work. i have to manually fill out a claim (not for travel insurance) and they dont even want the reciepts but they expect me to hold onto them for 12 months.

people ARE protesting right now in canada about a pipeline which is being shoved down natives throats.

they ask questions probably to determine your rate, but they should be looking over your medical records themselves before the approve you of travel insurance. the system reaks of corruption.

in the documentary, they dont recommend a doctor filling it out, they recommend a lawyer.