Storming the Capitol

Impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors. Congress is bound by law and due process. They ignored all of that. Criminal charges would be dismissed before trial because there his speech was not criminal. Who would be able to prove damages to even file a civil suit? AOC for soiling her pant suit?
The families of the people who died.

What other injury did he receive? Oh, do you still believe he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher? I bet you still believe Trump incited an insurrection too.
??? Could he have been pushed around by rioters? Internal bleeding? Blood clot?
I believe Trump told them to mato the capital, and didn’t promptly ask them to leave.

1. I trump didn’t hold his rally that day
2. If trump didn’t tell the crowd to March to the capital.

there would have been a much lower impact, if any at all.

Box Ox

Trump has privately voiced concern about being charged related to January 6 riot

“Former President Donald Trump has privately voiced concern in the last two weeks about whether he could face charges as a result of the January 6 riot he's accused of inciting, according to multiple people.

Trump has mainly been quiet since leaving the White House last month, and his silence has been in part related to those concerns.

"He's worried about it," one adviser close to Trump told CNN.”

“CNN has previously reported that federal investigators could look at everyone involved in the unrest at the US Capitol, including the role Trump played in inciting the crowd, according to the acting US attorney in Washington.

Asked directly by a reporter in January if investigators were looking at the role Trump played at the rally, acting US Attorney Michael Sherwin had said, "We're looking at all actors here and anyone that had a role and, if the evidence fits the elements of the crime, they're going to be charged."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
??? Could he have been pushed around by rioters? Internal bleeding? Blood clot?
I believe Trump told them to mato the capital, and didn’t promptly ask them to leave.

1. I trump didn’t hold his rally that day
2. If trump didn’t tell the crowd to March to the capital.

there would have been a much lower impact, if any at all.

That's why he texted his brother that he was alright, just got pepper sprayed a couple times? His head injury caused amnesia and he forgot that he was pushed around enough to obtain internal injuries.

The legal standard for incitement is a clear and imminent call to action. Even editing out the "peaceful" you still don't have anything.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Trump has privately voiced concern about being charged related to January 6 riot

“Former President Donald Trump has privately voiced concern in the last two weeks about whether he could face charges as a result of the January 6 riot he's accused of inciting, according to multiple people.

Trump has mainly been quiet since leaving the White House last month, and his silence has been in part related to those concerns.

"He's worried about it," one adviser close to Trump told CNN.”

“CNN has previously reported that federal investigators could look at everyone involved in the unrest at the US Capitol, including the role Trump played in inciting the crowd, according to the acting US attorney in Washington.

Asked directly by a reporter in January if investigators were looking at the role Trump played at the rally, acting US Attorney Michael Sherwin had said, "We're looking at all actors here and anyone that had a role and, if the evidence fits the elements of the crime, they're going to be charged."

I wonder if double jeopardy applies to having more than one political trial for the same crime.

Box Ox

For Trump, an Escape, Not an Exoneration

“....while he is free of the impeachment threat, Mr. Trump still faces possible legal jeopardy stemming from his efforts to subvert the election through false claims of fraud. Among other things, there are criminal investigations in Washington about the riot and in Georgia about Mr. Trump’s efforts to pressure state election officials to overturn the results of the state’s vote. Legal experts said the former president could likewise be exposed to civil litigation from victims of the Capitol rampage. And there are continuing investigations of his finances in New York.

Mr. McConnell seemed to encourage the authorities to pursue Mr. Trump with criminal prosecution, which he said was the constitutionally appropriate means for holding a former president responsible for his actions. Accountability, he said, was still possible.

“He didn’t get away with anything — yet,” Mr. McConnell said. “Yet.”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
For Trump, an Escape, Not an Exoneration

“....while he is free of the impeachment threat, Mr. Trump still faces possible legal jeopardy stemming from his efforts to subvert the election through false claims of fraud. Among other things, there are criminal investigations in Washington about the riot and in Georgia about Mr. Trump’s efforts to pressure state election officials to overturn the results of the state’s vote. Legal experts said the former president could likewise be exposed to civil litigation from victims of the Capitol rampage. And there are continuing investigations of his finances in New York.

Mr. McConnell seemed to encourage the authorities to pursue Mr. Trump with criminal prosecution, which he said was the constitutionally appropriate means for holding a former president responsible for his actions. Accountability, he said, was still possible.

“He didn’t get away with anything — yet,” Mr. McConnell said. “Yet.”

Saying "yet" the second time suggests he thinks Trump will ultimately "get away" with "anything".