Storming the Capitol

zimbomb

Why would I care. The guy is a loser. The house managers put up a nice clean case that was compelling. That’s enough for me. Nothing would be enough for Trump’s faithful religious followers. How long do you continue to worship him? Do you give up when the tax cuts get reversed?
They better not reverse those tax cuts for the uber wealthy. I going to be uber wealthy and my normal person tax rate is increasing soon thanks to Trump's tax plan.

It will be fine

You quoting him compelling people to commit violent acts on the Capitol would be enough for me.
But you can’t, because he didn’t. Bah bah little sheep.
The senators that votes to convict represent 76 million more citizens than the ones that voted to acquit. Sounds like a compelling case was made.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
For 5 years you lefties have known Trump is guilty.
You just needed to find out what it was.
Give it up already, the man continue to laugh his ass off at you as does any rational person.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am talking about civil cases.
EX OJ Simpson was acquitted of murder but was liable for the 2 deaths.

Sure, Just like OJ couldn't get a fair civil trial, neither would Trump. And even though both were actually acquitted of the criminal charges, there is a much stronger case that OJ actually did it. If Trump writes a book titled "If I Incited an Insurrection", then I would find your views more plausible.

newfie

Sure, Just like OJ couldn't get a fair civil trial, neither would Trump. And even though both were actually acquitted of the criminal charges, there is a much stronger case that OJ actually did it. If Trump writes a book titled "If I Incited an Insurrection", then I would find your views more plausible.
both were not acquitted of criminal charges. OJ was . Trump was acquitted of political charges

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Amazing how Democrats praise McConnell when he says what they want to hear. McConnell is a political creature. He's setting himself up to be taken seriously going forward because what matters on both sides of the aisle is the Swamp thrives. If Trump had been officially reelected McConnell would have his lips planted firmly on Trump's rear.
Nope. No room. Ron Johnsons and Lindsey Grahams lips are already locked up on those cheeks.

Trump was acquitted of political charges not criminal charges. Trumps book would be titled “if I caused death and destruction”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
both were not acquitted of criminal charges. OJ was . Trump was acquitted of political charges

Of course that will be the argument for a criminal trial. Trump had a political trial for criminal charges. How can you try someone for committing a "high crime" if there are no criminal charges? What even would the equivalent of a crime be in a political system? Maybe importing voters to maintain political power and using a cancel mob to shut down all attempts at a free an fair election? No, I'm pretty sure those are still just crime crimes.