Storming the Capitol

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The assault on the Capitol was an act of “terrorism.” An “attack” on our government. “Fellow Americans beat and bloodied police,” he intoned. And they did all of this for one reason: “They’d been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on earth because he was angry.”

Moscow Mitch
You keep saying police were bloodied. Please show any proof of that..

Box Ox

One is a largely a state matter and one is a violent attack on the seat of democracy.

They’re both highly damaging to the country. And taxpayers pick up the bill for the damage done. Minneapolis alone could be looking at $1 billion plus in rebuilding costs, which they’d like the federal government to pay for. The consequences of state-level leniency toward looters and rioters are not limited to the affected states. So it is indeed a problem for us all.

“The local business community is counting on Congress to pass President Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan Act to provide $500 million in funding to help the state's recovery efforts, said Jonathan Weinhagen, president and CEO of the Minneapolis Regional Chamber.”

“More than 1,500 businesses in the Twin Cities were damaged or destroyed between May 24 and June 16 of last year during the unrest following Floyd's murder, according to a state House of Representatives daily session report published in February.

The city of Minneapolis has estimated it will cost $350 million to fully restore its buildings to what they were. Other officials pointed out many of those buildings were built decades ago and said it will cost much more to ensure they comply with current city and state laws governing new construction.

"We don't have an accurate number, but it's certainly more than $1 billion," Democratic state senator Patricia Torres Ray told CNN Business. "Rebuilding Minneapolis is a very expensive proposal."

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
They’re both highly damaging to the country. And taxpayers pick up the bill for the damage done. Minneapolis alone could be looking at $1 billion plus in rebuilding costs, which they’d like the federal government to pay for. The consequences of state-level leniency toward looters and rioters are not limited to the affected states. So it is indeed a problem for us all.

"We don't have an accurate number, but it's certainly more than $1 billion," Democratic state senator Patricia Torres Ray told CNN Business. "Rebuilding Minneapolis is a very expensive proposal."

I would say let the local taxes pay for it but few of the residents close to the George Floyd memorial pay taxes.

1622481463841.png

The Driver

I drive.
Again… the riots over last summer were wrong. I never agreed with them and I still don’t. The attack on Congress is alarming on a different level for me. It was an attack on the seat of democracy; the place we send our representatives to hash out our problems in peace. The attacks were traitorous in nature. 140 Capitol officers were beaten or otherwise injured. These traitors were hunting for Pence and Pelosi and other elected representatives. They should pay for that behavior and there should be a bipartisan, independent commission to investigate the entire event. But the GOP doesn’t want to have anything to do with it. What are they afraid of? I thought they would want to prove that BLM and Antifa attacked the Capitol that day?

Guess not.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The attack on Congress is alarming on a different level for me. It was an attack on the seat of democracy; the place we send our representatives to hash out our problems in peace. The attacks were traitorous in nature.
A few radical anarchists started a riot.
It delayed a vote by a few hours.

This "attack on democracy" crap is political bloviating. It's delusional nonsense, you need to wake up to that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
there should be a bipartisan, independent commission to investigate the entire event. But the GOP doesn’t want to have anything to do with it. What are they afraid of? I thought they would want to prove that BLM and Antifa attacked the Capitol that day?

Guess not.
Democrats held hearings about the riot already. They let the people responsible for police being unprepared lie and deny responsibility. Why is that?

Why would another be any different? If you think it would be bipartisan you have a very naive view of politicians. They just want to keep it in the headlines as a political tool for midterms.

oldngray

nowhere special
Democrats held hearings about the riot already. They let the people responsible for police being unprepared lie and deny responsibility. Why is that?

Why would another be any different? If you think it would be bipartisan you have a very naive view of politicians. They just want to keep it in the headlines as a political tool for midterms.
They want another Mueller investigation where the goal will be to create headlines and not find inconvenient facts.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

Hey!!! He may of been in a coma or something during that time....

You need to be much more sensitive to others DIDO....

The Driver

I drive.

No hearings.

any subpoenas issued? That’s what I want to see.