Storming the Capitol

refineryworker05

Those same laws apply to voters of all races. Why is it you feel your race is being targeted? Why aren't other races complaining? And your first sentence says it all.
This is ahistorical nonsense. The 15th amendment which gave black men the right to vote was passed in 1870. It has been against the law to write explicitly racist voting laws for 151 years. Yet the vote was denied to the vast majority of black people in America until the late 1960's. So its a long term American tradition to write race neutral laws that prevent one racial group from voting. The idea that you can't write race neutral laws that still don't specifically target a racial group denies recent American history. Smh.

refineryworker05

Have only seen blacks complaining. Could you please direct us to where voter suppression has occurred? Could you please cite the court cases won that proved actual suppression occurred?
You have seen, utter make believe. Again, the intent of the republican party is to prevent certain groups from voting.

refineryworker05

Do black Republicans not see you as a "real" American? Can you cite the voting districts that have been gerrymandered? And if you're talking redistricting by Republicans who've won power in a particular state could you please also point out redistricting that happened under Democrats when in power?
black republicans, Anti-black racist beliefs are widespread in American society. All kinds of people believe that stuff. So yeah black republicans, black democrats, black atheists, black baptists, black singers, black lawyers, black parents, black children, black etc, believe anti black racist bs, and to varying degrees that impacts their political beliefs on who is or isn't a real American.

Redistricting to limit the political power of certain voters is what republicans are doing. That's my point.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
black republicans, Anti-black racist beliefs are widespread in American society. All kinds of people believe that stuff. So yeah black republicans, black democrats, black atheists, black baptists, black singers, black lawyers, black parents, black children, black etc, believe anti black racist bs, and to varying degrees that impacts their political beliefs on who is or isn't a real American.

Redistricting to limit the political power of certain voters is what republicans are doing. That's my point.
Screenshot_20210619-143807_Chrome.jpg

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

The only point you have is at the tip of your head.
You’re one of those white morons that are taking up the black “cause”.
No one wants you around, black or white because you are craving attention and this bandwagon is one you can jump on and think you or your quest are actually accomplishing anything.
You’re ANTIFA, correct?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No one wants you around, black or white because you are craving attention and this bandwagon is one you can jump on and think you or your quest are actually accomplishing anything.
You’re ANTIFA, correct?
These betas parade themselves around as "anti racists" because it gives them a small sense of moral superiority, something they desperately crave because they have self worth issues.

refineryworker05

You’re ANTIFA, correct?
Man you really are childish. I am black. Smh.

vantexan

This is ahistorical nonsense. The 15th amendment which gave black men the right to vote was passed in 1870. It has been against the law to write explicitly racist voting laws for 151 years. Yet the vote was denied to the vast majority of black people in America until the late 1960's. So its a long term American tradition to write race neutral laws that prevent one racial group from voting. The idea that you can't write race neutral laws that still don't specifically target a racial group denies recent American history. Smh.
But we aren't talking about historical wrongs. We're talking about the here and now. Where are blacks being prevented from voting?

vantexan

We aren't talking about anyone but Republicans, some of whom are black. Are they discriminating against blacks too? Where is this happening?

vantexan

You have seen, utter make believe. Again, the intent of the republican party is to prevent certain groups from voting.
You've yet to show actual voter suppression. Please show us where this is happening. Otherwise you're perpetuating propaganda designed to scare people into voting Democrat. Bottom line Republicans are trying to create a strong business environment that not only makes business owners wealthy but creates jobs and gives opportunities to everyone else. Democrats are going in a totally different direction with endless spending.

refineryworker05

We aren't talking about anyone but Republicans, some of whom are black. Are they discriminating against blacks too? Where is this happening?
I answered your question which was do black republicans see other black people as American. I posted that a lot of Americans have anti-black beliefs, and black republicans are Americans and some of them have a lot of anti-black beliefs.

Now you have moved on to discriminating against black people which had nothing to do with your original question or any point I have made.

vantexan

I answered your question which was do black republicans see other black people as American. I posted that a lot of Americans have anti-black beliefs, and black republicans are Americans and some of them have a lot of anti-black beliefs.

Now you have moved on to discriminating against black people which had nothing to do with your original question or any point I have made.
How am I discriminating against blacks by asking you questions? You said Republicans are trying to prevent black voters from voting. Where is this happening? If you hate Republicans fine. But what is that based on?

refineryworker05

You've yet to show actual voter suppression. Please show us where this is happening. Otherwise you're perpetuating propaganda designed to scare people into voting Democrat. Bottom line Republicans are trying to create a strong business environment that not only makes business owners wealthy but creates jobs and gives opportunities to everyone else. Democrats are going in a totally different direction with endless spending.
Lol, republicans don't give a friend about strong business environment. Elected republicans care about cutting taxes for the wealthy and huge coporations.
the American economy has done better under Democratic presidents, and that's an objective fact. In fact every republican president in my lifetime has had a recession occur during their presidency that they didn't inherit from the predecessor. Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, and Trump all had recessions and other financial calamities under their watch. So if the economy was the key for republican voters..... the last three republican presidents have an objectively terrible economic record.

the republican party is a white grievance party and its politics flows from that core ideology.

refineryworker05

How am I discriminating against blacks by asking you questions? You said Republicans are trying to prevent black voters from voting. Where is this happening? If you hate Republicans fine. But what is that based on?
Huh? you misread my post. Yes republicans are trying to prevent the groups they don't see as real Americans from voting, that are passing anti voter bills in multiple states. Hate republicans? this is fantasy.

vantexan

Lol, republicans don't give a friend about strong business environment. Elected republicans care about cutting taxes for the wealthy and huge coporations.
the American economy has done better under Democratic presidents, and that's an objective fact. In fact every republican president in my lifetime has had a recession occur during their presidency that they didn't inherit from the predecessor. Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, and Trump all had recessions and other financial calamities under their watch. So if the economy was the key for republican voters..... the last three republican presidents have an objectively terrible economic record.

the republican party is a white grievance party and its politics flows from that core ideology.
Trump had three very strong years before the pandemic and everything he was doing was pro-business. You're letting your hatred blind you. Reagan took us out of a recession started by Carter. Bush Jr. took us out of a recession started by Clinton. And the crash of 2008 wasn't just his fault but was caused by a lot of people including some Democrats. Try learning history instead of revising it to suit your ideology.

vantexan

Huh? you misread my post. Yes republicans are trying to prevent the groups they don't see as real Americans from voting, that are passing anti voter bills in multiple states. Hate republicans? this is fantasy.
OK, where are laws being passed that are doing that? How are those laws written that exclude some groups while not affecting others?

refineryworker05

Trump had three very strong years before the pandemic and everything he was doing was pro-business. You're letting your hatred blind you. Reagan took us out of a recession started by Carter. Bush Jr. took us out of a recession started by Clinton. And the crash of 2008 wasn't just his fault but was caused by a lot of people including some Democrats. Try learning history instead of revising it to suit your ideology.
Trump's economic record is a failure. Bush Jr.s economic record is a failure. Bush Sr's economic record is a failure. If strong economic performance mattered, republican presidents have a terrible track record.

Your dates are factually wrong. Every republican potus since Reagan has had a recession during their term that they didn't inherit from a predecessor