Storming the Capitol

rickyb

Sowell has to much integrity.
does he think theres lots of economic mobility in america?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
does he think theres lots of economic mobility in america?

He thinks there’s a lot of victimhood mentality.

rickyb

He thinks there’s a lot of victimhood mentality.
in that graph i posted its towards the bottom for developed countries for mobility, which is not to say its bad, but i suspect its not very good.

canada is near the top, but i know from personal experience vancouver would be low economic mobility and very dependent on how much money you inherit just because housing is so expensive. its a very rigid system largely determined before you are even born. ill probably earn more than my parents ever did if i dont already as an ecg tech, but they will certainly have more wealth than ill ever have because they benefited from out of control housing prices.

ralph nader calls corporations predators which implies we are the prey

rickyb

That's not what the graph says at all.
Marxists might interpret it like that, but marxists are liars and idiots.
i like how sowell talks about noam chomskys ideas and richard wolffs ideas in his videos.

its good that his followers get that perspective and exposure to those ideas....assuming sowell accurately quotes chomsky and all

upsgrunt

Show up at a sham rally. Have Dear leader say WE are going to the Capital. You head right towards Capital…. Dear leader heads left. You go to prison. He goes to Mar a Lago

"WE are going to take out covid; WE are going to cure cancer". Who said that sham? Dear leader gets ice cream; both are still here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think both sides have their own anti-democratic tendencies.

I think being a Republican makes you anti-democratic by definition. Democracy is terrible, making people think anything is ok as long as enough people vote for it? No thanks. I'll take a government restrained from infringing on my rights over democracy any day.