Storming the Capitol

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
“Society will develop a new kind of servitude which covers the surface of society with a network of complicated rules, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate. It does not tyrannise but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd.”
Alexis de Tocqueville

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If only they put this much effort into planning a proper withdrawal from Afghanistan, or even half as much effort into impeaching Biden for his crimes during and after the withdrawal.

Overpaid Union Thug

C342504D-F0FE-4B42-99A1-9726B7EB19C0.jpeg

rickyb

I think being a Republican makes you anti-democratic by definition. Democracy is terrible, making people think anything is ok as long as enough people vote for it? No thanks. I'll take a government restrained from infringing on my rights over democracy any day.
Im watching this cornel west philosophy course and he thinks theres some connection to levels of compassion and levels of democracy.

Slogan of republican party used to b pro economic democracy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Im watching this cornel west philosophy course and he thinks theres some connection to levels of compassion and levels of democracy.

Slogan of republican party used to b pro economic democracy.

If this is even somewhat representative of what Cornell West said, and not your misinterpretation, then I'm not impressed.