Storming the Capitol

newfie

We couldn't have a functioning government if members of Congress weren't protected.
from unarmed protestors?
Which was the point of the January 6 riot: To overwhelm their protection and stop the joint session of Congress that was charged with counting electoral votes in order to finalize the 2020 election results.
so cavanaugh protests and subsequent protests outside the home of justices should have their own committee investigating that insurrection. Or are you suggesting we pick and choose based on political affiliation?
I guess when put that way I can totally understand why you believe members of Congress shouldn't be protected.
again protected from unarmed protestors? really?

vantexan

i dont understand your point. protests at DC are routinely organized . there's one every week of the year
When was the last time you saw conservatives in the thousands rioting at the Capitol? Like I said, never heard about it coming up and I listen to major conservative media. Where do you go to get such information? They didn't all just up and go to Washington on a whim.

Box Ox

from unarmed protestors?

so cavanaugh protests and subsequent protests outside the home of justices should have their own committee investigating that insurrection. Or are you suggesting we pick and choose based on political affiliation?

You're really gambling with your life if members of Congress are feet away and you're trying to force your way into the Speaker's Lobby wearing a backpack containing unknown contents during a riot inside the Capitol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
from unarmed protestors?

The first unarmed coup in history. Lol idiots

vantexan

We couldn't have a functioning government if members of Congress weren't protected. Which was the point of the January 6 riot: To overwhelm their protection and stop the joint session of Congress that was charged with counting electoral votes in order to finalize the 2020 election results.

I guess when put that way I can totally understand why you believe members of Congress shouldn't be protected.
Your argument doesn't really hold up when Capitol Police started letting in hundreds of protesters. The electoral count went on. No guns drawn by protesters. Just a lot of characterizing Trump supporters as insurrectionists for political gain.

newfie

When was the last time you saw conservatives in the thousands rioting at the Capitol? Like I said, never heard about it coming up and I listen to major conservative media. Where do you go to get such information? They didn't all just up and go to Washington on a whim.
conservative protests at the capital all the time.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This is also fake?

ab.jpg

She really looks like a sociopath on the verge of killing somebody... probably the last photo of her..hope her kids and husband will understand that...she was killed for her political beliefs ...call it as it is... murdered in the same way as Floyd except it was not an accident...and nobody rioted and destroy property...

Box Ox

We couldn't have a functioning government if members of Congress weren't protected. Which was the point of the January 6 riot: To overwhelm their protection and stop the joint session of Congress that was charged with counting electoral votes in order to finalize the 2020 election results.

Your argument doesn't really hold up when Capitol Police started letting in hundreds of protesters. The electoral count went on.

The electoral count went on that night because the members of Congress had been protected.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
She really looks like a sociopath on the verge of killing somebody... probably the last photo of her..hope her kids and husband will understand that...she was killed for her political beliefs call it as it is... murdered in the same way as Floyd except it was not an accident...
If she hadnt broken the law and then complied when the police warned them to stay back shed still be here.
I believe the saying is Fool Around and Find out

newfie

The electoral count went on that night because the members of Congress had been protected.
protected from unarmed citizens.

why isnt the jan 6 committee not investigating the failure to have adequate security for what was known to be an incoming large crowd protesting a stolen election?

Box Ox

conservative protests at the capital all the time.
In those numbers? Fighting cops, smashing windows? Just doesn't happen and it shouldn't have happened this time.
you've lost me .

You can't bring yourself around to even acknowledging that any of that even happened on January 6. It was all just a peaceful walk in the Capitol on a nice sunny day for you. Antifa and undercover FBI agents did all the bad stuff. We've been over all of this before too.