Storming the Capitol

Babagounj

Strength through joy
$2.6 billion for January 6 prosecutions

The bill would provide $2.6 billion for US Attorneys 'to further support prosecutions related to the January 6 attack on the Capitol and domestic terrorism cases,'

Box Ox

Does seem pretty tacky of the judge to have called Rodriguez a "one-man army."

"Daniel Rodriguez, the man who attacked then-Washington, DC, police officer Michael Fanone with an electroshock weapon in the neck during the US Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, was sentenced Wednesday to 12 and a half years in prison.

Rodriguez, 40, had pleaded guilty to four counts in February, including conspiracy, assault with a dangerous weapon and obstruction of an official proceeding.

As Rodriguez exited the courtroom Wednesday, he defiantly shouted that “Trump won!” repeating the same lie that ultimately culminated in the Capitol attack.

During Wednesday’s sentencing, Judge Amy Berman Jackson called Rodriguez as a “one-man army” who, in the lead-up to January 6, called for “blood in the streets,” revolution, and violence against Donald Trump’s enemies in a Telegram group chat he created."

bbsam

Staff member
Does seem pretty tacky of the judge to have called Rodriguez a "one-man army."

"Daniel Rodriguez, the man who attacked then-Washington, DC, police officer Michael Fanone with an electroshock weapon in the neck during the US Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, was sentenced Wednesday to 12 and a half years in prison.

Rodriguez, 40, had pleaded guilty to four counts in February, including conspiracy, assault with a dangerous weapon and obstruction of an official proceeding.

As Rodriguez exited the courtroom Wednesday, he defiantly shouted that “Trump won!” repeating the same lie that ultimately culminated in the Capitol attack.

During Wednesday’s sentencing, Judge Amy Berman Jackson called Rodriguez as a “one-man army” who, in the lead-up to January 6, called for “blood in the streets,” revolution, and violence against Donald Trump’s enemies in a Telegram group chat he created."
Sounds like he would’ve taken it as a compliment.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1689340087997.png

bacha29

Sounds like he would’ve taken it as a compliment.
In a related matter , the DOJ has appealed the sentences of some of the J6 rioters claiming that they were too lenient and fall too far below accepted sentencing guidelines.

Their hope now is for the judge to deny the appeal leaving them with only the hope that Trump will regain power by one means or another and immediately pardons them.

vantexan

In a related matter , the DOJ has appealed the sentences of some of the J6 rioters claiming that they were too lenient and fall too far below accepted sentencing guidelines.

Their hope now is for the judge to deny the appeal leaving them with only the hope that Trump will regain power by one means or another and immediately pardons them.
They railroaded the "QAnon Shaman" and Kevin McCarthy releasing the security footage to Tucker Carlson revealed a very different picture than the one the J6 Committee painted of the Shaman's actions. Got him released. So if the J6 rioters are getting lenient sentences it's likely due to they really didn't do much of anything.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

"It is not enough to say prosecutors to simply argue to an appellate court that the sentence was too lenient based on the severity of the crime. Instead, they will need to have specific legal grounds which would compel the appeals court to hand down a more strict sentence." When the Government Seeks to Appeal Your Criminal Sentence | Corey Evan Parker Law Office

Were the sentences below the 'mandatory minimum'?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"It is not enough to say prosecutors to simply argue to an appellate court that the sentence was too lenient based on the severity of the crime. Instead, they will need to have specific legal grounds which would compel the appeals court to hand down a more strict sentence." When the Government Seeks to Appeal Your Criminal Sentence | Corey Evan Parker Law Office

Were the sentences below the 'mandatory minimum'?
Marxists like bacha and Democrat masters don't care about legality. The justice system is nothing but a tool to force their ideology on people.

bbsam

Staff member
So those of you supporting the J6 riot and believing that the penalties are too harsh, seeing what they are would you take part in such a riot?

Personally I thought the government did them a favor by not charging them with insurrection.

Either way it does put republicans in the odd (but in these cases the norm) of being soft on crime. Not sure how they can be so supportive of it. Unless of course they were actually part of the conspiracy to commit it…

I’ve heard Jack Smith has more indictments coming.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
So those of you supporting the J6 riot and believing that the penalties are too harsh, seeing what they are would you take part in such a riot?

Personally I thought the government did them a favor by not charging them with insurrection.

Either way it does put republicans in the odd (but in these cases the norm) of being soft on crime. Not sure how they can be so supportive of it. Unless of course they were actually part of the conspiracy to commit it…

I'd take part in a protest. You're a coward if you changed your mind due to them licking up innocent people..But I'd definitely stay away from mostly peaceful protest, unless I was an owner in the area. In that case I would load up and let the courts figure out who was the violent one attacking my property.

vantexan

Yeah, let's compare a one off riot with Democratic district attorneys all over the country being soft on crime. Let's compare the J6 rioters being nailed over very minor things to the tens of thousands of rioters who burned, looted, assaulted and even murdered in 2020 with little consequence.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

At a certain point you'll let go of your racism and realize you are being played by the people you support. That creates the hatred in your heart.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

You supported the BLM violent rioters, now you're upset about people who were let into the capitol that walked around peacefully?

Sounds pretty hypocritical my good friend.