Strike in August, what say you?

Nike

UPS only listens when money is on the table, or this case taken off the table.
Thus a strike might be totally necessary, but I doubt it would last longer than a couple of days, it really wouldn't have to.

BigBrown1234

Yep...pharmacists can make good money but they have expensive schooling...

It cost him $200k with living expenses to get his doctorate at UOP here in Stockton. But with a 30 year career at $300k a year. I think it’s well worth it
I absolutely agree, but it's not just people in those areas who are constantly complaining. People want to work a non technical skilled job and make the same money as a doctor lol I'm sorry but I will never agree to that or get behind that. Someone said I was acting like a 20 year old. But how am I? All millennials and 20yr olds are constantly begging for more. I'm saying I'm happy with what I make where I live. I think others should be too. With exceptions

I’m not sure if you understand what I’m saying with cost of living with living standards. You may be content with your income because you live at a higher standard then I do with the same income.

If you lived the same as I do in your area then you would agree to make $10 an hour doing the same job so you can live the same as I do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

39k plus paid benefits is a good amount for the work we do. College costs money so you also didn't factor that in. I'm not top rate yet. (25hr) which nets me around 45k a year. I don't think I deserve anymore. I make more than all of my friends who have master's masters degrees, engineering degrees, and nursing degrees. There is wage progression in every industry.

IMO $25/hr plus benefits is a fair wage for this job.

BigBrown1234

BS-----my ex is an RN near Boston and she makes a little more than I do.

BS squared-----pharamicists are salaried employees.

Takes one second to google this and verify my info.

Pharmacist Salaries in San Francisco, CA by education, experience, Location and more - Salary.com

Top Paying Companies for Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

This is base pay not including overtime. My buddy works 80hr a week with week on week off. He goes in on his off week it’s all overtime not including holidays.

Just look at union employees. Walmart pharmacy doesn’t pay as much. But neither does FedEx non union delivery companies

OrionsBitch

Not...
Takes one second to google this and verify my info.

Pharmacist Salaries in San Francisco, CA by education, experience, Location and more - Salary.com

Top Paying Companies for Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

This is base pay not including overtime. My buddy works 80hr a week with week on week off. He goes in on his off week it’s all overtime not including holidays.

Just look at union employees. Walmart pharmacy doesn’t pay as much. But neither does FedEx non union delivery companies
You're making an exception argument.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I absolutely agree, but it's not just people in those areas who are constantly complaining. People want to work a non technical skilled job and make the same money as a doctor lol I'm sorry but I will never agree to that or get behind that. Someone said I was acting like a 20 year old. But how am I? All millennials and 20yr olds are constantly begging for more. I'm saying I'm happy with what I make where I live. I think others should be too. With exceptions

Hey, you’ve been doing this job three years. Wait til you’ve been beat down a little, start a family, miss your kids doing things, miss events with your family, and have a sore back or a bad hip. Until then shove it sideways about what you think compensation should be. You just be in the same building as the other company shrew.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Hey, you’ve been doing this job three years. Wait til you’ve been beat down a little, start a family, miss your kids doing things, miss events with your family, and have a sore back or a bad hip. Until then shove it sideways about what you think compensation should be. You just be in the same building as the other company shrew.
Yeah because UPS is the only job that makes you work late and miss your kids events.

542thruNthru

That's not very St Patrick of you. The Catholic missionaries frowned on sodomy. :)

77339ad64c72e94ba00c2f366b794ad1.jpg

Karma...

Looks like many people made bad career choices..not me..must be the victim mentality....again not me..advice...find a Teamster company that you like and talk with your steward and see if she/he will get you a job there taking your pension time with you......this happens