Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

bacha29

The agreement is leasing YOUR vehicle to fedex, not the other way around as you implied. And it is not a standard lease. It contains much more than just a standard lease. And for you to focus your entire rebuttal on one word shows how little you have. Under the law, if you can be considered an employee- it means that you do NOT have a business.
IWBF tries to limit the focus to merely leasing the vehicle to XG. Trouble is, it's all the OTHER CONDITIONS that are attached to overall terms. Conditions that are so captive and so restrictive that they serve wipe out even the most basic tenants of a legitimate business climate.

It will be fine

IWBF tries to limit the focus to merely leasing the vehicle to XG. Trouble is, it's all the OTHER CONDITIONS that are attached to overall terms. Conditions that are so captive and so restrictive that they serve wipe out even the most basic tenants of a legitimate business climate.
The other terms are standard for leasing on to a motor carrier.

AB831

If IWBF wants to proclaim what he has is a "business" it will be for no other reasons that to pet his ego and to give him a completely undeserved sense of self importance. But they are about as credible as Trump's claim of having won the election.
A guy who sells old NASCAR diecasts on eBay has more of a claim to owning a business than IWBF. I really don’t understand why this distinction is so important to him. I guess it is ego, like you said.

AB831

That is wrong. All you are buying is the right to continue the contract until it expires IF fedex doesn't decide to cancel it You have ZERO rights to a geographical area when fedex reserves the right to change it due to operational needs. Buying a right to finish out a contract that actually gives you no concrete rights is nuts if the price is more than the amount of profit you can earn before the contract reaches the expiration date.
Make no mistake. The only ownership in play here is his ass by Fat Freddy. In any “partnership” with Fat Freddy, he has 100% of the control, and you have 0. If those scales move even slightly, he’ll drop you like a hot potato like he did with Amazon. Only thing is, chumps like IWBF have absolutely zero recourse in this “business” “partnership.”

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wouldn't it be better to evict the tenants, rather than wipe them out?

It will be fine

Make no mistake. The only ownership in play here is his ass by Fat Freddy. In any “partnership” with Fat Freddy, he has 100% of the control, and you have 0. If those scales move even slightly, he’ll drop you like a hot potato like he did with Amazon. Only thing is, chumps like IWBF have absolutely zero recourse in this “business” “partnership.”
What recourse do you think businesses should have against their customers?

bacha29

The other terms are standard for leasing on to a motor carrier.
Like hell they are! They control everything right down to the appearance of both the driver and the vehicle. And it's all right there in the appearance language of that one sided contract they slap down on the table in front of you.

falcon back

Like hell they are! They control everything right down to the appearance of both the driver and the vehicle. And it's all right there in the appearance language of that one sided contract they slap down on the table in front of you.
Mellow out fella. You don't work there any more and you still let Fred in your tiny mind, 24/7. Sad

It will be fine

Motor carriers set appearance guidelines for operators that lease on to their authority. It’s standard.

AB831

I can refuse to service FedEx with a 30 day notice, I don’t even need a religious objection.
And they’d find another chump to do their bidding in ten minutes. And what good would that do you exactly? You’re really grasping at straws here to proclaim your “independence.”

Last edited:

It will be fine

None, but I’m not sure how the question applies here, because FedEx is the only actual business in this equation.
You’re the one that brought up my lack of recourse. I’m asking what you think that means. It’s clear you don’t even understand your own argument.

AB831

LOL At Ground they are not "guidelines" or "suggestions" . Come in and you're not wearing uniform ? Go home and don't come back until you're in one.
He talks about FredEx like they’re 50/50 business partners. If that’s what he has to tell himself to sleep at night, that’s fine, but in reality, Fat Freddy is holding a royal flush while he’s left holding jokers.

AB831

You’re the one that brought up my lack of recourse. I’m asking what you think that means. It’s clear you don’t even understand your own argument.
It means that if you want to maintain your status quo, that it can only be carried out by complete submission to the will of FedEx, and there’s not one damn thing you can do about it.

It will be fine

It means that if you want to maintain your status quo, that can only be carried about by complete submission to the will of FedEx, and there’s not one damn thing you can do about it.
What would I want to do about it? FedEx is my customer, they want a service provided to their standards. If your customer wants a hamburger what’s your recourse if you sell crackers? Your argument makes no sense.