Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

AB831

What would I want to do about it? FedEx is my customer, they want a service provided to their standards. If your customer wants a hamburger what’s your recourse if you sell crackers? Your argument makes no sense.
Your customer LOL. I think you grossly overestimate your own importance in this transaction. “Overlord” is a more fitting term for what they are to you.

It will be fine

Your customer LOL. I think you grossly overestimate your own importance in this transaction. “Overlord” is a more fitting term for what they are to you.
You seem to want me to rage about the power disparity. It doesn’t bother me. FedEx wants a service provided and I provide it. I don’t cry about how they set the terms of how the service they are paying for is provided. You still haven’t answered what recourse you think I should have, probably because it’s a stupid argument that you can’t actually defend.

AB831

You seem to want me to rage about the power disparity. It doesn’t bother me. FedEx wants a service provided and I provide it. I don’t cry about how they set the terms of how the service they are paying for is provided. You still haven’t answered what recourse you think I should have, probably because it’s a stupid argument that you can’t actually defend.
You have no recourse because you don’t own a business.

Working4the1%

From the Biden/Harris website..tick tock ground..sweet Georgia sweet Georgia
  • Aggressively pursue employers who violate labor laws, participate in wage theft, or cheat on their taxes by intentionally misclassifying employees as independent contractors. As president, Biden will put a stop to employers intentionally misclassifying their employees as independent contractors. He will enact legislation that makes worker misclassification a substantive violation of law under all federal labor, employment, and tax laws with additional penalties beyond those imposed for other violations. And, he will build on efforts by the Obama-Biden Administration to drive an aggressive, all-hands-on-deck enforcement effort that will dramatically reduce worker misclassification. He will direct the U.S. Department of Labor to engage in meaningful, collaborative enforcement partnerships, including with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, the Justice Department, and state tax, unemployment insurance, and labor agencies. And, while Trump has weakened enforcement by sabotaging the enforcement agencies and slashing their investigator corps, Biden will fund a dramatic increase in the number of investigators in labor and employment enforcement agencies to facilitate a large anti-misclassification effort.

oldrps

Make no mistake. The only ownership in play here is his ass by Fat Freddy. In any “partnership” with Fat Freddy, he has 100% of the control, and you have 0. If those scales move even slightly, he’ll drop you like a hot potato like he did with Amazon. Only thing is, chumps like IWBF have absolutely zero recourse in this “business” “partnership.”
Are franchised restaurants a business? Not quite the same arrangement as a FedEx contractor, but they are very controlling and can cancel your agreement if you don't follow their strict rules and guidelines.

Working4the1%

Are franchised restaurants a business? Not quite the same arrangement as a FedEx contractor, but they are very controlling and can cancel your agreement if you don't follow their strict rules and guidelines.
Relax all the cooks/waiters/ and hostess...just contractors..move along

bacha29

What would I want to do about it? FedEx is my customer, they want a service provided to their standards. If your customer wants a hamburger what’s your recourse if you sell crackers? Your argument makes no sense.
But that hamburger customer is not going to demand a full financial disclosure before he buys your hamburger. He's not going to send in his security muscle and go looking through your kitchen the way Ground sends their goons in to go looking through contractors trucks.

Sure you could go picking on the fringes of the issue but the inescapable reality is that once again you're hauling under Fat Freddy's rights . The comparison you keep going back to that being the independent owner is that much more often than not the independent owner has his own rights which you don't have. Which in turn means that he can lease on wherever and to whomever he likes and in doing so does not and will not put up with the level of command and control you have to put up with. So quit trying to use that as an example similar to your own.

It will be fine

But that hamburger customer is not going to demand a full financial disclosure before he buys your hamburger. He's not going to send in his security muscle and go looking through your kitchen the way Ground sends their goons in to go looking through contractors trucks.

Sure you could go picking on the fringes of the issue but the inescapable reality is that once again you're hauling under Fat Freddy's rights . The comparison you keep going back to that being the independent owner is that much more often than not the independent owner has his own rights which you don't have. Which in turn means that he can lease on wherever and to whomever he likes and in doing so does not and will not put up with the level of command and control you have to put up with. So quit trying to use that as an example similar to your own.
Leasing on to a motor carrier is not an example of my agreement, it is my agreement with FedEx. You are wrong that an independent trucker can lease on to whoever he likes at any time. If he leases on to a motor carrier he is subject to the conditions in that lease for the term of the lease. The motor carrier has every right to inspect the equipment that will be operated under their authority. You really don’t understand what you’re talking about.

bacha29

Leasing on to a motor carrier is not an example of my agreement, it is my agreement with FedEx. You are wrong that an independent trucker can lease on to whoever he likes at any time. If he leases on to a motor carrier he is subject to the conditions in that lease for the term of the lease. The motor carrier has every right to inspect the equipment that will be operated under their authority. You really don’t understand what you’re talking about.
That's right. It's not an example of your agreement. Then why in the hell do you keep using it ? The true independent owner something you're about as far remove from as you can get holds all the cards. He has the machine, the operator, the rights, the tags and all other means necessary to take the loads he wants and the destinations they need to go to. And if it doesn't pay enough to make the load worthwhile it sits where he found it. Let's see you try that with Fat Freddy.

The flat out reality is that at least to my knowledge there is nowhere else in the transportation space aside from perhaps Amazon where a so called "independent operator" (and those are your words) is subjected to the level of absolute command and control that an FXG contractor is subjected to . And in an effort to coverup that fact Fat Freddy always looking for a clever new catch phrase now calls you guys "entrepreneurs".....LMAO.

It will be fine

That's right. It's not an example of your agreement. Then why in the hell do you keep using it ? The true independent owner something you're about as far remove from as you can get holds all the cards. He has the machine, the operator, the rights, the tags and all other means necessary to take the loads he wants and the destinations they need to go to. And if it doesn't pay enough to make the load worthwhile it sits where he found it. Let's see you try that with Fat Freddy.

The flat out reality is that at least to my knowledge there is nowhere else in the transportation space aside from perhaps Amazon where a so called "independent operator" (and those are your words) is subjected to the level of absolute command and control that an FXG contractor is subjected to . And in an effort to coverup that fact Fat Freddy always looking for a clever new catch phrase now calls you guys "entrepreneurs".....LMAO.
You continuously demonstrate an incredible lack of knowledge so I’m not sure why believe that would be compelling.

It will be fine

Which part was he wrong about?
He doesn’t believe motor carriers have the right to inspect the equipment that operates under their authority. Anyone with a basic understanding of leasing on to a motor carrier knows that is wrong. Of course the carrier can inspect the equipment, they are liable for its safe operation.

AB831

He doesn’t believe motor carriers have the right to inspect the equipment that operates under their authority. Anyone with a basic understanding of leasing on to a motor carrier knows that is wrong. Of course the carrier can inspect the equipment, they are liable for its safe operation.
He never said any of that

bacha29

He never said any of that
Not long ago he would talk about the used units that he/she bought claiming that all that was required of him/her was that they are inspected, licensed and insured. And these were 10 + year old units he bought. So the more he/she talks the less credible he/she becomes.

bacha29

It's a power disparity alright. From a percentage standpoint..... Fat Freddy 100..... You 0 .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And they’d find another chump to do their bidding in ten minutes. And what good would that do you exactly? You’re really grasping at straws here to proclaim your “independence.”
Where is MF???? You two had to have been separated at birth, unless....

dmac1

Providing a service fedex wants doesn't make you an independent business. Every factory worker provides a service but they don't claim that they are an independent business unless they are stupid or crazy.