Suicide at World port?

Brownnote

The whole damn Contract book is like that or is it just me?

Far too many lawyers involved and forget about the interpretations..
It just depends on what your definition of "is" is... I agree, I like, "You shall do "X" if you don't"Y" happens. I don't want to hire a lawyer to figure out what should be simple.

Whither

Scofflaw
Which is where many grievances are lost, the interpretation. Especially when your BA just sits there and agrees with the Labor manager.
Another reason why I tell all fellow members to go to their hearings if it's an important grievance. I enjoy getting into disputes with the labor manager here. Guy has a permanent sneer on his face. I've taken an Art 37 against him to panel.

Jim Rockford

The story is she had quite a few bad marks on her record. Attendance issues and had been caught sleeping multiple times. She was caught sleeping again and was getting fired. She asked to go to the bathroom and jumped off the ledge 7 stories up in small sort. There is a rumor she was pregnant. Apparently people tried to talk her down.

Returntosender

The story is she had quite a few bad marks on her record. Attendance issues and had been caught sleeping multiple times. She was caught sleeping again and was getting fired. She asked to go to the bathroom and jumped off the ledge 7 stories up in small sort. There is a rumor she was pregnant. Apparently people tried to talk her down.
If the attendance issue is true ? corporate risk management will send instructions suspended “discipline for attendance”

UPS legal needs to write the public statement on attendance policy discipline procedures
and the individual reached out to “UPS helpline “ unfortunately UPS mental help professionals could not help her. “.

However we respect the individual right privacy in this tragic time and will not release any documentation in regards to the individual calling the help line”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Sounds like they cut her a lot of slack. Some people are just unstable. Sad

takesteady

I don’t know her specific situation, but getting fired at UPS is more like a time out for grownups. Depending on what you did, chances are you’ll get your job back with back pay. It’s a rite of passage for some people. I’ve been ‘fired’ once for some BS as have many people on my sort. One guy on has even been fired 5 times. Not even kidding.

Don’t get me wrong it sucks to be out of work, but if you’re diligent and keep your cool, it’s not that bad.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don’t know her specific situation, but getting fired at UPS is more like a time out for grownups. Depending on what you did, chances are you’ll get your job back with back pay. It’s a rite of passage for some people. I’ve been ‘fired’ once for some BS as have many people on my sort. One guy on has even been fired 5 times. Not even kidding.
It was common years ago to get “fired” and just lose a few days. Today they want you gone permanently

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They sure have. I remember hearing the same thing about guys being fired multiple times when I started 30+ years ago. I don’t think that happens much now.

I’ve actually never known anyone to get fired. They usually just quit. Somebody mentioned attendance, which is a joke here. We got guys who constantly call off and have their job still. This girl had issues, sad regardless. Ups can be a mentally draining place. Not worth killing your self though.