Surepost violations already started.

Sortisle

Many drivers are finding businesses, multiple pkg stops and over weight/sized being diverted to the post office this week.

The postmasters in multiple locations have confirmed they got communication from UPS that they were sending the bulk of their surepost to the p.o. effective Tuesday.

How are you all dealing with this and is your local responding with real help?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've been delivering a whole lot of single surepost packages the last two weeks. I keep looking for that second package only to figure out that the stop is already zeroed out.

Brown Spider

Are members (so chicken:censored2:)....

They can't file a grievance, of their own ??

Please spare me.... the whinny "I don't want the company to dislike me" speech.

-Bug-
Quite the sense of entitlement you've got there, Bug. Would it be more appropriate for those who pay your salary to request a formal audience? It might help if you would keep in mind that those "members (so chicken:censored2:)" elected you to represent them.

BTW...the Royal Teamsters will meet in the ballroom for cocktails at 4:00 promptly...Proper attire is required...please show your sense of entitlement at the door.

Major English

Are members (so chicken:censored2:)....

They can't file a grievance, of their own ??

Please spare me.... the whinny "I don't want the company to dislike me" speech.

-Bug-
The Company already dislikes me.
Are you "so chicken:censored2:" to not stand up for the members who make you aware of a problem???...

....or are you afraid to lose your "quid pro quo" relationship that you have so painstakingly developed over the years?

What a "convenient excuse"....that we are completely sick of.
Step up, or step off.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Company already dislikes me.
Are you "so chicken:censored2:" to not stand up for the members who make you aware of a problem???...

....or are you afraid to lose your "quid pro quo" relationship that you have so painstakingly developed over the years?

What a "convenient excuse" that is that we are completely sick of.
Step up, or step off.
I agree.

These are the same guys who tell me, as a steward, that I can't file for "all affected members"

~Bbbl~™

Sortisle

I've been delivering a whole lot of single surepost packages the last two weeks. I keep looking for that second package only to figure out that the stop is already zeroed out.
Looks like the second ups packages never arrived when the surepost packages were held to pair with them. Now some places are turning off the redirect systems and not holding anything. If drivers and decap employees don't watch the final mile addresses for businesses, etc or multiple package stops they're going to be subcontracted. Bonus centers will lose easy pieces that will reduce their "planned day" thus lose bonus money. It's theft because it's breaking our contract. The collision is disgusting.​

Sortisle

IE does that, not done at the local level
But even if they don't turn off the redirect function there are many other multiple package stops that are sliding through and businesses that your diad board will lockout the driver from driver releasing it because the system knows that it is commercial but yet sends those packages directly to the post office for final mile delivery.
As smart as our technology is I'm sure that Ie can probably factor in route levels and stops per hour and come up with maximums for x amount of drivers. There's years of History to draw from.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
But even if they don't turn off the redirect function there are many other multiple package stops that are sliding through and businesses that your diad board will lockout the driver from driver releasing it because the system knows that it is commercial but yet sends those packages directly to the post office for final mile delivery.
As smart as our technology is I'm sure that Ie can probably factor in route levels and stops per hour and come up with maximums for x amount of drivers. There's years of History to draw from.
I don't know, they still claim that "the system" can only compute driver helper allowances in whole hours?

Seems like "the system" is only as sophisticated as they need it to be, when they want it to be "sophisticated".