Surepost violations already started.

Major English

I'm suspecting BUG would want the member to file a grievance under NM Art 26 Sec 4, or at minimum inform the local of the violation with some factual information.
That would be ideal, but some issues like this, take more scrutiny and research than the member can facilitate while actually doing their job.
And you delusionally think a local union official can somehow stop all contract violations without membership involvement?
Not "all contract violations", we're only talking about SurePost here, a program with virgin contractual language.
Is it too much to ask that our elected Officers and Agents take a "hands on" approach?....or is the preload outside their "office hours"?

Last edited:

Sortisle

We have signed documents on file that are recognised as signed delivery notices.
We work as directed and if the service level allows X we use X.
I get what you're saying but going back to the thread issue ... the majority of the business addresses logged into our delivery system are depicted as either residential or commercial and if the delivery "system" recognizes the address as X then it shouldn't be sent to the post office for final mile delivery.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you "so chicken:censored2:" to not stand up for the members who make you aware of a problem?

That is such a lame TDU retort.

I'm suspecting BUG would want the member to file a grievance under NM Art 26 Sec 4, or at minimum inform the local of the violation with some factual information.

And you delusionally think a local union official can somehow stop all contract violations without membership involvement? If so you're not the guy to question someone else's reality.

The grievance procedure, begins with the member.

Local Unions.... are not babysitters.

That would be ideal, but some issues like this, take more scrutiny and research than the member can facilitate while actually doing their job.

Thats where your Steward should be involved....

In correspondence with the BA.

Is it too much to ask that our elected Officers and Agents take a "hands on" approach?....or is the preload outside their "office hours"?

Is it too much to ask....

For preload members to show up, at a Local monthly meeting ??

I'm with you, in support of your concerns.

But, it can be a 2-way street.

Think about it.

-Bug-

Think about it.

-Bug-
It's too much for many members to show up at a meeting. Would one or two meetings a year kill you?

Coldworld

This surepost sh starts at the top... People have called the intl on this to get clarification on things and nothing has been done... The union has no idea the amounts of volume that is going to the post office daily....that is extra work and jobs ... Aka union dues paying members, that the union is missing out on... You think they might understand that!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Many drivers are finding businesses, multiple pkg stops and over weight/sized being diverted to the post office this week.

The postmasters in multiple locations have confirmed they got communication from UPS that they were sending the bulk of their surepost to the p.o. effective Tuesday.

How are you all dealing with this and is your local responding with real help?

My drivers do not have time or feel the need to "find" business packages in sure post, it's not their job. Deliver it and move on because you still have a full day ahead of you. We don't have to confirm anything with the local postmasters what we are bringing, we just bring it, deliver it and what they do after that is up to them. It does not matter whether its a 100 pieces or 1000 pieces they take it all. I have never had a post office refuse any amount of packages.

The number of business packages that are in sure post is so minuscule it's not worth the effort.

and to address the post about packages not linking up, did you think maybe the package or packages it was supposed to link up with may be delayed in the system....

Oh and the local....they are good with it, everyone is working.

Happy Peak!

This surepost sh starts at the top... People have called the intl on this to get clarification on things and nothing has been done... The union has no idea the amounts of volume that is going to the post office daily....that is extra work and jobs ... Aka union dues paying members, that the union is missing out on... You think they might understand that!!
We got a ton of grievances filed on it.

Major English

Think about it.

-Bug-
I'm sure the Company will be happy to allow the steward to leave his work area to monitor this issue, as well as not firing the preloaders for "stealing time" when they attempt to document what's going on with the hundreds, if not thousands of SurePost packages processed daily in my building.

Your answer is a cop out, think about it.

I'm sure the Company will be happy to allow the steward to leave his work area to monitor this issue, as well as not firing the preloaders for "stealing time" when they attempt to document what's going on with the hundreds, if not thousands of SurePost packages processed daily in my building.

We need eyes and ears everywhere. A steward is allowed to investigate

Coldworld

Bug usually has good insight on things afaic, but he is way off base on this.... This system of surepost which started out with somewhat good intentions to counter fedex smart post has been totally abused by the company.... We are bringing 2 and 3 x the amount of volume that FedEx brings and that was never the case a couple years ago ....this surepost language is weak and almost nonexistent and the enhanced language the union "won" for us a couple years back is a joke... Just a dog and pony show for the members....fact