Teaching the new drivers about the real UPS

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Which stewart would you like to talk to about your union handbook issue?
220px-Brig._Gen._James_M._Stewart.jpg
stewie-griffin.jpg
patrick-stewart_o_879420.jpg
a586522767866129774e870e6d146877--stuart-mad-tv-birthday-funnies.jpg

vvv

Again it’s not in my job description to teach only to drive and deliver packages union related issues are Stewart’s and business agents job if that’s not a good enough answer for you better go back to school I think you missed some grades and classes. Better check out common sense 101 and I’m pretty sure your just a troll anyways so go have a mediocre existence while it lasts hope u find something better to do with your life.

Terrific job using run-on-sentences buddy. Break down your thoughts a bit with some commas or periods when it calls for it.
It's probably best you don't teach the newbie anything, as if you hack up your job just as much as you do crafting a post he'll definitely be in trouble.

What a clown!!

vvv

@joseph B I hate to agree with Upstate but you are wrong.

It is not the job of a Union steward or a business agent to teach every single Union employee the contract. The fact that you think that makes you part of the problem.

The union is only as strong as its members. If we are not willing to teach each other and help each other learn then we will all suffer the consequences. YOU are the union so yes it is part of your job description.

I'm not trying to troll you but you came on here saying you learned from conversations of other members. Then you turn around and say it's not your job. If you are going to come on here and demand change then maybe it should start with you. I am not a Union steward but I always make sure to help any member I know learn the contract especially new members.

Very well laid out post.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Is there a reason why everyone is spelling Shop Stewards (Stewart) wrong.
It should be the job of fellow brothers to advise and teach the newer union employees the union contract, not management, they are non union. We need as many union brothers to understand the union book and contract so we can stand together to fight when UPS tries to just take and not give.
We lose part of our annual raise to help pay for our carve out healthcare(we are not central states plan) and are around 34 and change an hour. I made around $92,000

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
@joseph B I hate to agree with Upstate but you are wrong.

It is not the job of a Union steward or a business agent to teach every single Union employee the contract. The fact that you think that makes you part of the problem.

The union is only as strong as its members. If we are not willing to teach each other and help each other learn then we will all suffer the consequences. YOU are the union so yes it is part of your job description.

I'm not trying to troll you but you came on here saying you learned from conversations of other members. Then you turn around and say it's not your job. If you are going to come on here and demand change then maybe it should start with you. I am not a Union steward but I always make sure to help any member I know learn the contract especially new members.
Again it’s not job to teach anything to anybody. I’m not a teacher or a sup I’m a driver, my original post states that I helped a fellow driver out and that I do it because I do care about my fellow coworkers. Upstate wanted to tell me that it was my job and I was correcting him if you want to follow him and make the conversation about that it is my job to teach newbies the book then show me where it states that in my job description. And it is the responsibility of the union to hand out contract books to news union employees. Again I said we should help teach the new guys just not going to admit it’s my job to teach anything about the union handbook to newbies I do it to help them when they have questions.

BigBrown87

Terrific job using run-on-sentences buddy. Break down your thoughts a bit with some commas or periods when it calls for it.
It's probably best you don't teach the newbie anything, as if you hack up your job just as much as you do crafting a post he'll definitely be in trouble.

What a clown!!
You must be the grammar police, there I used a comma just for you. Sorry my sup didn’t direct me to use proper writing skills you will have to grievance him for not teaching me lol.

BigBrown87

It should be the job of fellow brothers to advise and teach the newer union employees the union contract, not management, they are non union. We need as many union brothers to understand the union book and contract so we can stand together to fight when UPS tries to just take and not give.
We lose part of our annual raise to help pay for our carve out healthcare(we are not central states plan) and are around 34 and change an hour. I made around $92,000
Sorry auto correct must have put in the wrong spelling in I will take ownership for my mistake.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You sure it’s not Stuart?

MrBates

I'm still pretty new to package car driving. Did part time air for two years and just finished my 1st year full time driving. I agree that knowing the union book is important but the best advice I've ever received was when a senior driver told me "If you want to last in this place, you have to approach the job like its a marathon, not a sprint".
For you guys that just qualified, stop running, sorting off the clock, and burning up routes. Instead, concentrate on doing the route more efficiently, in the safest way possible. At the end of the day your just a number.

BigBrown87

What Are the Duties of Shop Steward? responsibilities of the union steward to new employees and union members. I think everyone should read this before they say its not the union stewards job to teach the newbies about are contract or supplement. It’s laid out pretty clearly there are there to answer any questions about the union handbook. But like I stated before, I am willing to help any new union member with any questions I can answer. Hopefully upstate and 542thruNthru get to see this article that way they can be informed. Wait did I just help the newbies out here??? Or should I say uneducated oldies out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What Are the Duties of Shop Steward? responsibilities of the union steward to new employees and union members. I think everyone should read this before they say its not the union stewards job to teach the newbies about are contract or supplement. It’s laid out pretty clearly there are there to answer any questions about the union handbook. But like I stated before, I am willing to help any new union member with any questions I can answer. Hopefully upstate and 542thruNthru get to see this article that way they can be informed. Wait did I just help the newbies out here??? Or should I say uneducated oldies out.

I have forgotten more about this job than you will ever know.

BigBrown87

I have forgotten more about this job than you will ever know.
Says the person that just got proven wrong. Who is better the person that worked there entire life and thought he knew everything. Or the person who worked very little and knew more then person worked there entire life at the same job. Sorry upstate better retire early while you think you as smart as you think you are. Maybe you can take 542thruNthru with u, you guys can decide who is the smartest dumb person in the room. News flash you both won.

Indecisi0n

I have nothing else to worry about than some new punk who just started working. You pay union dues , either learn about what your paying for or shut it.

BigBrown87

Per
Says the person that just got proven wrong. Who is better the person that worked there entire life and thought he knew everything. Or the person who worked very little and knew more then person worked there entire life at the same job. Sorry upstate better retire early while you think you as smart as you think you are. Maybe you can take 542thruNthru with u, you guys can decide who is the smartest dumb person in the room. News flash you both won.
Personally it’s funny that I started this thread to say we should help the newbies. Then you took one sentence out of the thread and tired to start crap with me. I hate to say it but, the old dog bit off more then he could chew. I hope you realize the mistakes you have made and will change. If not then good luck being a troll the rest of your life.