Teamster Presidential Survey

PT Car Washer

When did the the union decide to flip flip on this topic, from no endorsement to now Teamsters for Comrade Kamala? Didn’t we take a poll and it was overwhelmingly in favor of DT? I am so confused.
trump could never get a majority of American voters to vote for him, how is he going to get a majority of Union members to vote for him? I'll be generous and maybe 10%.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When did the the union decide to flip flip on this topic, from no endorsement to now Teamsters for Comrade Kamala? Didn’t we take a poll and it was overwhelmingly in favor of DT? I am so confused.
Many locals within the Teamsters (and other unions like the UAW) look exclusively at issues that they believe directly effect labor, like pension reform and pro-labor legislation like the PRO Act and look far past many other social and economic bellweathers when choosing a candidate to endorse.

My local has not endorsed either candidate and hopefully won't, as it's a polarizing, divisive, "no win" issue that will only serve to divide the membership we strive to unify.

Thebrownblob

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe there are many people sitting on the fence, waiting for any particular endorsement to make their decision for them in this particular election.
Personally, I would say that’s the case in most elections. Never been a huge issue with Teamsters members having their own opinions.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
For POTUS I agree, but think some may be swayed in the lesser known state and local races by these endorsements.

When I was the "political coordinator" for my Local, we would interview and vet local politicians before

making any endorsement's. If they didn't accept our invitation.... we ignored them. Just because they had

a party affiliation next to their name, didn't mean squat. If you had the guts to show up at the Union hall and

be interviewed, it showed us the "true intent" of a candidates concerns for our members.

You may (or may not) be surprised who actually showed up.

Some had to learn that they had to earn our endorsement.... and not just get it for parroting party talking points.

Thebrownblob

When I was the "political coordinator" for my Local, we would interview and vet local politicians before

making any endorsement's. If they didn't accept our invitation.... we ignored them. Just because they had

a party affiliation next to their name, didn't mean squat. If you had the guts to show up at the Union hall and

be interviewed, it showed us the "true intent" of a candidates concerns for our members.

You may (or may not) be surprised who actually showed up.

Some had to learn that they had to earn our endorsement.... and not just get it for parroting party talking points.
Yes, regardless of your political leanings it is eye-opening to see who actually extends their hand to help labor. Some of them don’t even pick up the phone.