Tentative Agreement

UPS Preloader

Amongst other things, I don't see where any progress was made on the following:

No mention of minimum building temp?
Not recognizing Domestic Partner for FMLA
Left out - The Employer shall provide exhaust ventilation and employ work methods to remove engine exhausts from the indoor atmosphere in a timely manner.
Fulltime hiring ratio still 6-1

phcoppage

contract approval

I want to know if there is anyone out there that approves of this tentative agreement. If so, please speak your mind, win me over. I won't backlash and I hope others don't,as well. I just don't see it but I'd be a fool to think it wouldn't pass. I just want to know who's voting "yes"

BCFan

I can understand why the PT employees are less than thrilled with the contract,and I hope they can see why the more senior drivers will be very happy with it.

If there are any Fulltime Employees unhappy with it, PLEASE show these details to employees of Delta Airlines,Kia,Walmart,USPS,FEDEX etc and see how they respond. I'll venture that these people would say our FT employees would be INSANE to reject it.
How about this concept? Our organizing factions get out of the halls and into the streets and ORGANIZE and bring these folks up instead of lowering us down!!!! At 728 we are getting companies with 10 to 25 employees because our so called organizers continue to grasp for the low hanging fruit. Yes growth is nice but really? 10 to 25 new Teamsters at Joe's Deli hardly equates to several thousand Fred-Ex starving employees....BC

RealPerson

How about this concept? Our organizing factions get out of the halls and into the streets and ORGANIZE and bring these folks up instead of lowering us down!!!! At 728 we are getting companies with 10 to 25 employees because our so called organizers continue to grasp for the low hanging fruit. Yes growth is nice but really? 10 to 25 new Teamsters at Joe's Deli hardly equates to several thousand Fred-Ex starving employees....BC

All those listed above do FAR less back breaking work. My neighbor works the sort for FedX, he seen me sort one day, and said Hell NO.

Fair days work for fair pay ---- 4 Billion PROFIT

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: contract approval

I want to know if there is anyone out there that approves of this tentative agreement. If so, please speak your mind, win me over. I won't backlash and I hope others don't,as well. I just don't see it but I'd be a fool to think it wouldn't pass. I just want to know who's voting "yes"

You need to post this on your JOINT COUNCILS boards, ALL THE LOCALS APPROVED this contract.

Now they have to sell it to us, despite its CONCESSIONARY language.

Peace

TOS

tranham

contract approval

Ok. Here in central states I am happy with the health care we have, it was a small step down from part time health care. As we have the health care coverage from the union already this is a neutral point. I think it could get better with more people in it. Unlikely to get worse IMO. I think if it was reversed and everyone had union health care now there would be just as much resistance to be forced to join a UPS run plan

The raise is good for full timers. I expected less

In our hub It takes 5 years to go full time. When I went it took me 13 years. So a 4 year progression is better in that context. Granted this only applies at our hub

I am at the bottom of the feeder list. As it was I would only get vacation weeks in jan and feb for several years The new language means I get 1 week in the summer and I get to pick 3 weeks before the top guy gets to pick his last 3 weeks. This one point makes a big deal to me. Granted its probably going to tick off the top 50% of drivers. For me it means getting to take a vacation with my family

I think PT is getting shafted again, just not as hard.

for context I am a new feeder driver with 24 years in.

I also compare us to our rivals. I don't want to be in a position in 10 years where we no longer make profits. It's a job that pays well for me and I would like to retire with. Part of it maybe how easy feeders is to package car. This job has turned 180 deg for my stress and well being.

I imagine this will be taken by some as being selfish. I am voting yes, but I will certainly support a majority no vote if it does come to that.

Robert

rudy5150

Ok. Here in central states I am happy with the health care we have, it was a small step down from part time health care. As we have the health care coverage from the union already this is a neutral point. I think it could get better with more people in it. Unlikely to get worse IMO. I think if it was reversed and everyone had union health care now there would be just as much resistance to be forced to join a UPS run plan

In our hub It takes 5 years to go full time. When I went it took me 13 years. So a 4 year progression is better in that context. Granted this only applies at our hub

I am at the bottom of the feeder list. As it was I would only get vacation weeks in jan and feb for several years The new language means I get 1 week in the summer and I get to pick 3 weeks before the top guy gets to pick his last 3 weeks. This one point makes a big deal to me. Granted its probably going to tick off the top 50% of drivers. For me it means getting to take a vacation with my family

I also compare us to our rivals. I don't want to be in a position in 10 years where we no longer make profits. It's a job that pays well for me and I would like to retire with. Part of it maybe how easy feeders is to package car. This job has turned 180 deg for my stress and well being.

I imagine this will be taken by some as being selfish. I am voting yes, but I will certainly support a majority no vote if it does come to that.

Robert

Your an idiot. Part timers getting shafted again but not as hard. R u serious? You think raises are good for full timers but you forgot to recognize UPS's plan to stop all overtime for top scale drivers. Its going to be a big time pay cut for everyone!

Justaname

Your an idiot. Part timers getting shafted again but not as hard. R u serious? You think raises are good for full timers but you forgot to recognize UPS's plan to stop all overtime for top scale drivers. Its going to be a big time pay cut for everyone!
Sorry Rudy I don't get how you of all people can call anyone else an idiot. Your heart is in the right place, but majority of your posts show stupidity.

SouthernComfort

How are they going to eliminate OT for full time drivers?
By having $16/hour part time cover drivers with no 9.5 rights go out with all the work!!! You know as well as I do there are a ton of morons where you are that will do the job for $16/hour.... and since they are part time, NO progression.... just that adorable $.70 an hour raise.
Why do you think they started training facilities other than where you are? So they can train 100 part time package drivers a week, work them all 11hr days and eliminate OT from full timers.

The Milkman

4yrs to top rate? That's Good? Took me 9 months when I started. Then up and up and up, before you know it, Ups will have won the game. Forcing many with hope to go friend/T longer and longer with lower wages in progression to get to top rate. When does it end? Eventually the Ups friend/T Drivers will be made up of mostly 12-18 yr Upsers working finally to get a chance to get top rate but the picture to me looks like a horse drawn carriage with a carrot dangling in front of the horse...And you know how that goes...............
:sad-very:

SouthernComfort

Its already happening here.... Non bid route feeder drivers are getting pushed onto routes that go out with 4 10hr days...40hr flat week, not a minute of OT. They will do short hauls between here and the rail yard, then shift in the yard and be instructed to promptly be off the clock in no more than 10hrs.

UPSGUY72

You people need to read all 55 pages of the proposed changes to the current contract then you need to read your local rider / supplement changes when you do get back to me. I check in all most every day so take you time and take in all the facts before you start spitting out garbage......

Now back to the Question I'm voting Yes..

balland chain

You people need to read all 55 pages of the proposed changes to the current contract then you need to read your local rider / supplement changes when you do get back to me. I check in all most every day so take you time and take in all the facts before you start spitting out garbage......

Down south with the us getting the lowest pension nation wide, and this contract proposal offering as additional 200 for 30-35 years making it a whopping 3200 for 30 years and 3700 for 35 years is one reason I am voting no.. When I see a post from a driver out west who gets, after 25 years 3800-3900, and here we get 2000 after 25 years? Something is way out of whack..I am planning on retiring very soon, and was hoping for an increase in our pension but 200 dollars is ridiculous !!

tranham

You had me won over with your first 3 words.

Let's look at the big picture

A part time job at UPS does not support a family. Even at $20 a hour at 4hrs a day it won't support a family. You have to work another job or go to school. One advantage for working for less than living wages is healthcare here. Another is having the opportunity later to move up to a job that pays more than some commercial airline pilots make.

While a big raise for PTs is good for them in the short term , consider this You will find if that if your goal is a FT job , than a large PT wage will increase the time it takes to go full time in years, not months Why? Because few people quit good paying jobs. People ahead of you will stay on instead of quitting Also you will find, like I did, that going on strike will increase the time to go full time. I was going to be FT in 8 years until the 97 strike. It took 5 years more to do it. We lose amazon or others part timers will pay a price.
Unintended consequences are a risk to consider.

Robert

SouthernComfort

Im no psychic.... but Im guessing your feeder? Im in the south, you and I can both agree we have the weakest union and the most dog eat dog employees in the country.

DOK

I read over the agreement a number of times. Did I miss the part where the 9.5 penalty pay would be triple time? Did it stay the same? During one of the conference calls there was talk of triple time, maybe I missed it?