Terminated for dishonesty

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Still, this isn't a "dishonesty" case. I don't know why the sup went with this. I can't see any way this sticks. The main thing is you did in fact sheet them. You simply went against instruction for that day. Should definitely be turned into a suspension.

Do you not a have a decent relationship with this sup? A sup that likes you would have just sent you back out to deliver without incident. Instead he decided to can you.
Especially at 17:30

UnionStrong

1730 thats when i got in. i usually stay and help night sort. my center is also close by the airport too. so i have a airport badge for air shuttling.
IMG_5382.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Was this yesterday (23rd) that you brought back misloads? I'm curious how you got fired already. They wouldn't know the packages weren't sheeted until later that night or early the next morning on a normal workday. Except in this situation it's a Saturday before a non-working Christmas Eve. So now I'm thinking this happened on Friday and they were nice enough to fire you on December 23rd?

Anyway, why would you not think to deliver everything even if you don't get a response? By now you should know that they don't look at the computer constantly. I often don't get responses. You simply run the misloads unless it would put you over 60 hours. Should be common sense that every package needs an attempt on last delivery day before Christmas. Every year, we are even instructed to make a 2nd attempt on a NI1 package on this day.
Not everywhere some places they sheet misloads as missed

Omega117

Still, this isn't a "dishonesty" case. I don't know why the sup went with this. I can't see any way this sticks. The main thing is you did in fact sheet them. You simply went against instruction for that day. Should definitely be turned into a suspension.

Do you not a have a decent relationship with this sup? A sup that likes you would have just sent you back out to deliver without incident. Instead he decided to can you.
right thats what my steward said shoudnt have fired for something small. btw hes doesnt work saturdays. ive built a positive relationship. my supervisors know they can count on me because they know i can be any route and not struggle both cut cars and busnisess routes unless im over dispatched. its just the manager is the one who canned me over the phone after the supervisor reported it to him. New center manager every year. the problem with this case is that it got loaded into a send again trailer already so there isnt no way im gonna find it unless i take everything out. ive only found the one when i did dig through.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You sound like a suck ass
Doesent matter what relationship he had with his sup. Manager could have said fire him and supes got no choice
Ps they aren’t your friends

Staydryitsraining

Every package needs a disposition. If you send in your misload and no instruction is given, shoot it as missed and roll in. When you get back and they question you the answer is simple. You weren't given instructions and the package needed a scan. You may get "written up" for the scan missed however I'd bet it will be tossed out later. From that point on I'd also bet when you send in your misloads they will tell you what to do.

Omega117

Doesent matter what relationship he had with his sup. Manager could have said fire him and supes got no choice
yeah you can say that, dont wanna end up on the :censored2: list now do i ? then again i got canned. my point is something small as this for a christmas weekend. Yeah i get it, it could be a christmas present. but what about some tuesday volume? some of those packages can be presents too. they could be already be out of town and it just happen to show be out for delivery today ? in my mind for saturday for a "normal" saturday. dont run missloads unless you want to and sheet them as missed when you get back. It was OMS to communicate with us and the supervisors to remind OMS to run missloads. but i didnt get he message as a reminder. i only got the message AFTER i sheeted them as missed. people forget sometimes and i happened to be one of them. The saturday crew is not fully staffed on saturdays and in my center we have two centers in one building.

UnionStrong

yeah you can say that, dont wanna end up on the :censored2: list now do i ? then again i got canned. my point is something small as this for a christmas weekend. Yeah i get it, it could be a christmas present. but what about some tuesday volume? some of those packages can be presents too. they could be already be out of town and it just happen to show be out for delivery today ? in my mind for saturday for a "normal" saturday. dont run missloads unless you want to and sheet them as missed when you get back. It was OMS to communicate with us and the supervisors to remind OMS to run missloads. but i didnt get he message as a reminder. i only got the message AFTER i sheeted them as missed. people forget sometimes and i happened to be one of them. The saturday crew is not fully staffed on saturdays and in my center we have two centers in one building.
If you got back so early, why not run them off before you went in?

pkgdriver

Any Tuesday volume has nothing to do with it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Fact of the matter is you had a PCM telling you not to do what you did.

Then you had a direct message over the Diad telling you not to do what you did.

I know this was after you had sheeted them, but at that point, you had to know there was a problem. You needed to do something about that, not just punch out and go home.

Omega117

Excusing insubordination probably isn't his best bet.

"Look. I :censored2:ed up. I'm sorry." will likely go a lot better than justifying it or playing it off.
right i cant make excuses for my actions, yeah i :censored2:ed up. Odds of being rehired ? Thats my only concern. it can be both dishonsty and insubordination. saying anything else is gonna incriminate me more when im in with my BA and steward.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wasn’t talking to you Jr. I personally think you’ll get your job back if you aren’t a total :censored2: up

JL 0513

You misunderstand. Getting along with sups makes your life a whole lot easier. It's not sucking up. I feel bad for you if you hate management and they hate you. If so, clocks ticking on when you get fired.

My building happens to have a good easy going management team and like it or not we all get along with few exceptions.

I was merely pointing out that based on the OPs situation, which isn't a cardinal sin or dishonesty case, it sounds like he was on the radar as someone to get rid of when given the opportunity.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
right i cant make excuses for my actions, yeah i :censored2:ed up. Odds of being rehired ? Thats my only concern. it can be both dishonsty and insubordination. saying anything else is gonna incriminate me more when im in with my BA and steward.
Odds of getting your job back?

Really good.

Odds of them dragging their feet on your job?

Really good.

Odds of you getting back pay?

Non existent.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry bub but I forgot isn’t going to work come up with something else Ask me how I know this. Because I’ve had to represent a :censored2: and that’s the story he told