Terrorism on American Soil - Texas Massacre in the House of God

oldngray

nowhere special
K. We need a new category.

"White guy kills multiple people".

Obviously not terrorism, the guy was white, and not involved with Muslims.

ONG, please kill yourself, we'll call it a 'White lives Matter' situation gone wrong.

Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I have no idea what race this shooter was. Makes no difference.

Unless you are looking for an excuse to play the race card.

He was a white 27 year old male.

We don't know the motive so why insist race has nothing to do with it?
@bbsam quoted a response I was giving to someone else.

As I said race has nothing to do with terrorism. Although you try to claim otherwise.

Motive does matter as to whether it was terrorism - by definition. We don't know the motive yet so can't say whether it was or was not terrorism.

It will be fine

A state seizure would be way over the line.
Agreed, it wouldn't go well. A buyback would be a good start to limit supply.
The other part of the second amendment that is ignored by those who find it doesn't support their agenda "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The "well regulated militia" part refers to the fact that there was no standing military, and the citizenry were counted upon to raise up arms when the need arose. Some will even argue that a standing military is actually unconstitutional. The Japanese knew it was suicide to invade the US during WW2 because so many people were armed. It's the current anti-gun culture and love of big-brother that has gotten out of hand.
Agreed. Dissolve the standing army and only maintain the Navy and air force to patrol trade routes. No boots on the ground on foreign soil without a war declaration from congress. The regulated militia will be charged with homeland defense.
Do you think a gun law would of stopped that A. Hole. ??
Or the one in Vegas ??
Now we should ban muslims from renting pick ups at HD or Lowes ??
Limit the supply of guns and ownership to well trained militia service members so any whack-a-do can't own an arsenal.
It's illegal to have drugs
People have them
It's illegal to fish with out a license people do it ,, point being any nut job can get a gun ,,, this shooting was awful !!!
It's much easier to limit the supply of guns than drugs. You can't grow guns in your closet. Most countries give lie to the statement that any but job can get a gun. Where they aren't readily available attainment is much more difficult.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Agreed, it wouldn't go well. A buyback would be a good start to limit supply.
Unfortunately the government has no constitutional authority to do so, not that such trifles have ever stopped them before. And most people would decline to participate.

Agreed. Dissolve the standing army and only maintain the Navy and air force to patrol trade routes. No boots on the ground on foreign soil without a war declaration from congress. The regulated militia will be charged with homeland defense.
Wow, some common ground. But the merchants would have to pay for the service.

Limit the supply of guns and ownership to well trained militia service members so any whack-a-do can't own an arsenal.
But everyone would be expected to participate in national defense, so we're back to where we started with the right of the people to keep and bear arms not being infringed.

It's much easier to limit the supply of guns than drugs. You can't grow guns in your closet. Most countries give lie to the statement that any but job can get a gun. Where they aren't readily available attainment is much more difficult.
Machine shops aren't illegal, and neither are 3d printers. Not as easy to limit supply of guns as you might think. Plus, with the black market mark ups, gun makers will start popping up like weeds.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Screen-Shot-2017-11-05-at-8.23.59-PM.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/devin-kelley-bb2923b9

floridays

Unfortunately the government has no constitutional authority to do so, not that such trifles have ever stopped them before. And most people would decline to participate.

But everyone would be expected to participate in national defense, so we're back to where we started with the right of the people to keep and bear arms not being infringed.

Machine shops aren't illegal, and neither are 3d printers. Not as easy to limit supply of guns as you might think. Plus, with the black market mark ups, gun makers will start popping up like weeds.
ssshhh, Don't give up all the secrets.

It will be fine

Why would everyone be expected to participate in national defense? I think if you're willing to serve and be properly trained, showing up once a month, running drills etc. something like National Guard duty, you should be able own whatever you want. Want a mounted machine gun on your roof? Great! Be a responsible militia man and you can live next door. I have a problem with any nutcase getting weapons of war so as not to infringe without the duty to serve.

floridays

Why would everyone be expected to participate in national defense? I think if you're willing to serve and be properly trained, showing up once a month, running drills etc. something like National Guard duty, you should be able own whatever you want. Want a mounted machine gun on your roof? Great! Be a responsible militia man and you can live next door. I have a problem with any nutcase getting weapons of war so as not to infringe without the duty to serve.
Great glad you think that, you didn't write the constitution.
I think someone should empty your bank account and give it to me.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's not hard to imagine a scenario in which the national guard might be busy dealing with some threat while unarmed civilians get overrun by another threat. The military and police forces can't be expected to be everywhere at once. And individuals have the self-evident right to protect themselves.