Texas school shooting

rickyb

A society that has more justice needs less charity - nader

https://www.gofundme.com/friend/joe...utm_medium=more&utm_source=customer&fs=e&s=cl

tourists24

Most cases per capita and deaths were overwhelmingly in republican states where ppl arent careful and everything is open for business like u said
but even then those deaths occurred mainly in heavily controlled democrat run cities, which have their own way of doing things. Just like my city in NC. Republican led state but the biggest deaths are in the Democrat run cities. My city is much worse than it's surrounding red counties/towns

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I guess we all need to be asking questions like this ..
IMG_20220526_151906_270.jpg

vantexan

Most cases per capita and deaths were overwhelmingly in republican states where ppl arent careful and everything is open for business like u said
They weren't overwhelmingly in Republican states. States with the most population had the most cases. Republican and Democrat. Difference was Republicans said if we're getting infected at same rate anyways then keep business open. No need to make everyone suffer to protect a small segment of the population when that small percentage was going to get it anyways. And it was proven repeatedly that lockdowns and masks weren't effective. Common sense governance.

rickyb

They weren't overwhelmingly in Republican states. States with the most population had the most cases. Republican and Democrat. Difference was Republicans said if we're getting infected at same rate anyways then keep business open. No need to make everyone suffer to protect a small segment of the population when that small percentage was going to get it anyways. And it was proven repeatedly that lockdowns and masks weren't effective. Common sense governance.
Per capita u fool

rickyb

but even then those deaths occurred mainly in heavily controlled democrat run cities, which have their own way of doing things. Just like my city in NC. Republican led state but the biggest deaths are in the Democrat run cities. My city is much worse than it's surrounding red counties/towns
Screenshot_20220526-161946_Firefox.jpg

You would think pop density, poverty, age would play a role too

vantexan

Per capita u fool
No worse than Democratic States. But Democratic States managed to destroy a lot of small business and hurt kids who were committing suicides at a much higher rate. Well established that children were hardly affected yet schools were shut down.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No worse than Democratic States. But Democratic States managed to destroy a lot of small business and hurt kids who were committing suicides at a much higher rate. Well established that children were hardly affected yet schools were shut down.
He’s a damn fool.

rickyb

Usa 300 death per 100k. states above all above or much higher above

vantexan

View attachment 385498

OK, now compare total numbers of States. Oh wow, a state with 3 million population had a higher rate per 100,000 than a state with 25 million or 40 million. What was the total number of cases? Did that small state also observe lock downs like the big state? Does that state have a higher percentage of elderly? A lot more goes into it than just total number per 100,000. In the end DeSantis was right to stop lock downs and even then we were required to wear masks in medical facilities, etc.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
OK, now compare total numbers of States. Oh wow, a state with 3 million population had a higher rate per 100,000 than a state with 25 million or 40 million. What was the total number of cases? Did that small state also observe lock downs like the big state? Does that state have a higher percentage of elderly? A lot more goes into it than just total number per 100,000. In the end DeSantis was right to stop lock downs and even then we were required to wear masks in medical facilities, vetc.
He’s a cherry picker.

tourists24

View attachment 385498

I wasn't responding the state results. I'm talking about down to cities and towns. Even the poorest counties and towns on my end of the state are lower than my city; and a lot of them are poorer than mine. My town is so liberal it is considered the San Francisco of the east coast. Extremely blue. Not a single city council member is red and only one of 7 seats in the county is Republican.

rickyb

OK, now compare total numbers of States. Oh wow, a state with 3 million population had a higher rate per 100,000 than a state with 25 million or 40 million. What was the total number of cases? Did that small state also observe lock downs like the big state? Does that state have a higher percentage of elderly? A lot more goes into it than just total number per 100,000. In the end DeSantis was right to stop lock downs and even then we were required to wear masks in medical facilities, vetc.
Ill take a wild guess that republican states were less population density, less likely to social distance or wear masks.