The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

Box Ox

Moderates will have to ask themselves if they hate Trump enough to vote to keep Biden (or more likely, President Kamala) in office through January 2029.
trump has already announced that his next administration is going to be a revenge term. No moderate will want to see what that means.

Moderates also don’t want to see the protection of criminals in the name of “racial equity”, runaway illegal immigration, no end in sight to the war in Ukraine if no further progress is possible or the transing of the kids.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I think Trump would do better in a national election with a VP that’s more appealing across a broad political spectrum. Moderates who don’t want to vote for Joe would probably feel better about voting for Trump if he did.

Tim Scott or Nikki Haley might be good examples.
I don't know.
Haley is obviously running for VP.
I like Scott better. Plus, I think he would garner more votes than Haley.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1695077077742.png

vantexan

Noem would still be a better VP than Kamala is if Lewandowski isn’t around.
With Trump criticizing the abortion ban DeSantis signed, saying he'd rather look at 15 weeks, and now one of the likely V.P. candidates caught cheating on her husband, Trump may have a harder time winning over evangelicals this election. I was surprised Noem didn't throw her hat in the ring too but now I think I know why.

Thebrownblob

With Trump criticizing the abortion ban DeSantis signed, saying he'd rather look at 15 weeks, and now one of the likely V.P. candidates caught cheating on her husband, Trump may have a harder time winning over evangelicals this election. I was surprised Noem didn't throw her hat in the ring too but now I think I know why.
She’s got her own scandal brewing. But I guess Trump wants to be sort of anti-abortion. He seems to do that with a lot of issues. At some point your personal morality bleeds over and it’s starting to show cracks in a lot of Republicans currently in office. It’s difficult to pretend you’re the a party of standards, and morality when you don’t have any personally.

vantexan

She’s got her own scandal brewing. But I guess Trump wants to be sort of anti-abortion. He seems to do that with a lot of issues. At some point your personal morality bleeds over and it’s starting to show cracks in a lot of Republicans currently in office. It’s difficult to pretend you’re the a party of standards, and morality when you don’t have any personally.
One who really bugs me is Sean Hannity. He pushed family values for years. Then it came out over a year ago that he and "Fox and Friends" co-host Ainsley Earhart have been dating for some time. They both quietly divorced their spouses several years ago. During that time Earhart was conducting a ladies Bible study on FOX Nation.

Trump greatly criticized DeSantis on the Florida ban over, what was it, 5 weeks? Said he'd consider an after 15 weeks ban. That's too far along imo.

Thebrownblob

One who really bugs me is Sean Hannity. He pushed family values for years. Then it came out over a year ago that he and "Fox and Friends" co-host Ainsley Earhart have been dating for some time. They both quietly divorced their spouses several years ago. During that time Earhart was conducting a ladies Bible study on FOX Nation.

Trump greatly criticized DeSantis on the Florida ban over, what was it, 5 weeks? Said he'd consider an after 15 weeks ban. That's too far along imo.
I’ve tried to tell you for a while something is wrong with Sean. Hanging out with New York liberals I guess. And if your personal feeling is life begins at conception, when will it ever be OK to take a life? Outside of extreme health issues, which are very rare. I mean if it’s 15 weeks why not 20? why not 30 etc. etc.

vantexan

I’ve tried to tell you for a while something is wrong with Sean. Hanging out with New York liberals I guess. And if your personal feeling is life begins at conception, when will it ever be OK to take a life? Outside of extreme health issues, which are very rare. I mean if it’s 15 weeks why not 20? why not 30 etc. etc.
I would prefer that it never happened. But if a girl is molested or a woman raped then terminating a mass of cells doesn't bother me too much. But let the baby develop enough to have a heartbeat and pain sensors and I think it's murder.

Health issues aren't that rare. My family had a good friend when I was a kid who had several kids. Got pregnant again but had developed a heart issue. Doctor told her she risked dying if the baby wasn't aborted. She refused to do that and did die while giving birth. I have a cousin who lost his first wife in childbirth. Compared to the number of healthy births it's a small percentage but it does happen.

PT Car Washer

I would prefer that it never happened. But if a girl is molested or a woman raped then terminating a mass of cells doesn't bother me too much. But let the baby develop enough to have a heartbeat and pain sensors and I think it's murder.

Health issues aren't that rare. My family had a good friend when I was a kid who had several kids. Got pregnant again but had developed a heart issue. Doctor told her she risked dying if the baby wasn't aborted. She refused to do that and did die while giving birth. I have a cousin who lost his first wife in childbirth. Compared to the number of healthy births it's a small percentage but it does happen.
A hundred years ago childbirth was the leading cause of death in young women.

Thebrownblob

They are approximately 1 to 3% of abortions. I believe that’s rare. And also understandable.

Box Ox

With Trump criticizing the abortion ban DeSantis signed, saying he'd rather look at 15 weeks, and now one of the likely V.P. candidates caught cheating on her husband, Trump may have a harder time winning over evangelicals this election.

On the other hand, Trump’s pushing of European-style abortion restrictions might be enough for some people who know Biden is no longer mentally with us to vote for Trump.

newolddude

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Abortion as it exists today is simply a most profitable form of birth control. And as for that mass of cells you are so blithely willing to dispose of, that term can be used to describe you as well.