The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

vantexan

Abortion as it exists today is simply a most profitable form of birth control. And as for that mass of cells you are so blithely willing to dispose of, that term can be used to describe you as well.
Except I have a functioning heart, brain, nervous system. All I'm saying is if you're going to abort do it in the earliest stages before all that starts developing. Do you think people are ever going to stop aborting?

Thebrownblob

Except I have a functioning heart, brain, nervous system. All I'm saying is if you're going to abort do it in the earliest stages before all that starts developing. Do you think people are ever going to stop aborting?
Of course not, and they will never stop murdering either. Once human beings start playing God, and deciding when life actually begins, it’s a slippery slope.

Box Ox

I think Republicans can either push for bans on all abortions/limit them to the first few weeks of pregnancy and not win elections/not get them or push for European-style abortion limits and get them by winning elections.

Thebrownblob

I think Republicans can either push for bans on all abortions/limit them to the first few weeks of pregnancy and not win elections/not get them or push European-style abortion limits and get them by winning elections.
I don’t know why the federal government needs to be involved in any of that. Should be done at the state level.

Box Ox

I don’t know why the federal government needs to be involved in any of that. Should be done at the state level.

Sure, but it can also affect Republican success at the state level if it brings out young lefties who will run over broken glass to vote against strong abortion restrictions.

Thebrownblob

Sure, but it can also affect Republican success at the state level if it brings out young lefties who will run over broken glass to vote against strong abortion restrictions.
Sure but at least the states will get to decide that. It’s also a huge issue of the federal government using our money for something like this.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And if your functions were interrupted by a scalpel and suction tube, you wouldn't survive either. Do you know conclusively when consciousness begins? Do you even know where consciousness originates? Is consciousness biological or spiritual? The soul is the life-force that animates all living creatures. When does the soul animate the body? At conception.

vantexan

And if your functions were interrupted by a scalpel and suction tube, you wouldn't survive either. Do you know conclusively when consciousness begins? Do you even know where consciousness originates? Is consciousness biological or spiritual? The soul is the life-force that animates all living creatures. When does the soul animate the body? At conception.
How do you know it's at conception? Serious question.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
How do you know it's at conception? Serious question.
The cells aren't the mother, right?
The cells aren't the father, right?
Living things need a soul (life-force) to animate them, right?
The cells are alive, right?
Therefore, the logical conclusion is that the cells have a soul. Since they've been alive since conception occurred, then logically they've had an animating soul since conception.

rickyb

Do you think Pierre Poilievre can win?
i looked at his platform its mostly garbage. Zero mention of big money, at least he believes in global warming lol

A lot of my retarded minority friends are into gun culture and they get sucked into the polutics that goes with it meaning they support pierre who would be bad for minorities