The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

vantexan

The cells aren't the mother, right?
The cells aren't the father, right?
Living things need a soul (life-force) to animate them, right?
The cells are alive, right?
Therefore, the logical conclusion is that the cells have a soul. Since they've been alive since conception occurred, then logically they've had an animating soul since conception.
Sorry, I disagree. My skin cells are constantly renewing themselves. That's built into them, not my soul at work. Also animals don't have souls in the sense humans have.

I have no problem with you believing life starts at conception. Not going to vehemently disagree. IMO abortion should be rare and never used as a safety valve for irresponsible behavior. But I do think there are instances where it's necessary. Just as long as the fetus hasn't developed to where it can feel pain. To me that would be when a heartbeat is detected.

rickyb

Sorry, I disagree. My skin cells are constantly renewing themselves. That's built into them, not my soul at work. Also animals don't have souls in the sense humans have.

I have no problem with you believing life starts at conception. Not going to vehemently disagree. IMO abortion should be rare and never used as a safety valve for irresponsible behavior. But I do think there are instances where it's necessary. Just as long as the fetus hasn't developed to where it can feel pain. To me that would be when a heartbeat is detected.
animals are no better or worse than humans

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Heathen. Lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think Republicans can either push for bans on all abortions/limit them to the first few weeks of pregnancy and not win elections/not get them or push for European-style abortion limits and get them by winning elections.
I think it's Democrats who are the ones pushing for national abortion laws, and the last one they all voted in favor of would have legalized it up until the moment of birth.

Democrats have the radical position on abortion, not Republicans. People would know that if the media didn't constantly lie about it.