The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

El Correcto

god is dead
Really when you think about your claims of absolute free speech only include your deranged public religious babbling and provoking minorities. Anything else is kind of luke warm at best and up for some good ol debate.

vantexan

Really when you think about your claims of absolute free speech only include your deranged public religious babbling and provoking minorities. Anything else is kind of luke warm at best and up for some good ol debate.
No, anyone who disagrees with your point of view is violating your free speech rights. If you can't take the heat...

bbsam

Staff member
He'll have to prove Trump didn't believe he got cheated.
No he won’t. Trump has all along insisted he was following his attorney’s advice. Problem is that he had several attorneys who told him that what he was attempting was bat:censored2: crazy. In other words, Trump was simply doing what he wanted to do.

vantexan

No he won’t. Trump has all along insisted he was following his attorney’s advice. Problem is that he had several attorneys who told him that what he was attempting was bat:censored2: crazy. In other words, Trump was simply doing what he wanted to do.
If Trump believes he was cheated then how is that fraud? And when did you become privy to attorney/client privilege?

bbsam

Staff member
I saw a video about this earlier today. Kind of a challenge having to do with the first amendment. Some say that a gag order on Trump is violating his 1st Amendment rights. So, with respect to the plain English of the amendment, how so?

1697521015178.png

vantexan

Ok. What legal theory has he been charged with?
For one look at what Alvin Bragg charged him with in NYC. Likewise what he was charged with in Atlanta. I don't know all the ends and outs but heard both Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz explain why both of those cases as well as the Federal cases are likely to be overturned on appeal.

bbsam

Staff member
If Trump believes he was cheated then how is that fraud? And when did you become privy to attorney/client privilege?
Because Trump can’t keep his mouth shut. He’s been recorded over and over admitting that he lost. He came out and insisted that the decisions were his and not his attorney’s. Right out of his mouth. Over and over and over and over. And yes! He has every right to say these things. Exercising his free speech may be legally stupid, but everything he continues to say “can and will be used against him in a court of law”.

For someone who can’t stand the prosecutors, he sure does make their jobs easy.

bbsam

Staff member
For one look at what Alvin Bragg charged him with in NYC. Likewise what he was charged with in Atlanta. I don't know all the ends and outs but heard both Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz explain why both of those cases as well as the Federal cases are likely to be overturned on appeal.
Both the individuals you name speak very differently in front of a camera than they do in courtrooms. Turley was hilarious in front of Congress for the impeachment inquiry. Dershowitz is interesting because I don’t think I can remember him actually being involved in court proceedings in a good long time. But he does get paid.

vantexan

Because Trump can’t keep his mouth shut. He’s been recorded over and over admitting that he lost. He came out and insisted that the decisions were his and not his attorney’s. Right out of his mouth. Over and over and over and over. And yes! He has every right to say these things. Exercising his free speech may be legally stupid, but everything he continues to say “can and will be used against him in a court of law”.

For someone who can’t stand the prosecutors, he sure does make their jobs easy.
Trump admitted that some told him he lost. He didn't say that he knew he lost, only that some advisors said he did. He didn't believe it.

vantexan

Whom does it say can’t do that? And in what way are they forbidden from doing so?
The Bill of Rights is there to protect us from the government. Yes, a judge can keep one from talking about the case. A blanket gag order where one can't criticize anyone in government including their political opponent is unconstitutional. The judge has it worded so that Trump may not even realize he's violating the order. It's left completely up to the judge to decide if he has. She's way out of bounds.

vantexan

Both the individuals you name speak very differently in front of a camera than they do in courtrooms. Turley was hilarious in front of Congress for the impeachment inquiry. Dershowitz is interesting because I don’t think I can remember him actually being involved in court proceedings in a good long time. But he does get paid.
Dershowitz was a law professor at Harvard. Turley is one of the most respected constitutional scholars in the country. If you have credible sources who dispute them then bring it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who claimed absolute free speech?

Waaaahhh why don't they let me talk to little kids about sex Waaaahhh

SMH