The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

vantexan

Hillary was still denying the 2016 election in 2020.

“He lost the election and he was put into office because the Russians interfered on his behalf,” ex-President Jimmy Carter said in 2019, continuing to deny Trump’s victory three years after the election.

“He knows he’s an illegitimate president,” said Clinton, also three years later. She repeated this sentiment in 2020, telling The Atlantic the election “was not on the level,” and again when she called Trump’s win illegitimate. She piled on to this by saying, “You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” clearly referring to how she saw her 2016 campaign."
@Next Day Err

Next Day Err

Yes, I’ve seen this. It’s not good of her to say this thing so generally.

It was bad of her to say this but you have to understand how much worse it is to blast the Big Lie out everyday and for an entire 147-some odd House members to vote to send the vote back to the states in order to run out the clock on the certification of the electoral college results so that your side can replace the will of the people with the decision on who will be president. It’s unAmerican.

The press should never let MAGA Mike Johnson off the hook. They should ask him about his role in the coup attempt everyday. He’s trying soooo hard to memory hole his involvement. He’s a traitor to the republic.

vantexan

Yes, I’ve seen this. It’s not good of her to say this thing so generally.

It was bad of her to say this but you have to understand how much worse it is to blast the Big Lie out everyday and for an entire 147-some odd House members to vote to send the vote back to the states in order to run out the clock on the certification of the electoral college results so that your side can replace the will of the people with the decision on who will be president. It’s unAmerican.

The press should never let MAGA Mike Johnson off the hook. They should ask him about his role in the coup attempt everyday. He’s trying soooo hard to memory hole his involvement. He’s a traitor to the republic.
Mike Johnson seems like an honorable man to me. I can see how an atheist might not like him.

But at least you're finally acknowledging that Hillary Clinton did say Trump stole the election. The difference between liberal and conservative media is conservative media plays what liberals say all the time so that people are informed. I've watched liberal media many times over the years and they are much more careful to control the narrative of anything negative of the Demographic Party. Thus many of you didn't know about Hunter Biden at all before the 2020 election. Many of you believed that Trump truly did collude with Russians based on how it was presented to you. And on and on.

vantexan

My candidate lost. I didn't go out and torture the neighbors cat or anything. Just accepted it and moved on.
Your side rioted in many cities after Trump won in 2016. Beyond the Capitol riot in 2021 after Trump lost I don't recall riots breaking out across the country with conservatives.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why didn't the liberals storm the capital to try and stop the certification?
Screenshot_20230722_035357_Gallery.jpg

Next Day Err

Mike Johnson seems like an honorable man to me. I can see how an atheist might not like him.

But at least you're finally acknowledging that Hillary Clinton did say Trump stole the election. The difference between liberal and conservative media is conservative media plays what liberals say all the time so that people are informed. I've watched liberal media many times over the years and they are much more careful to control the narrative of anything negative of the Demographic Party. Thus many of you didn't know about Hunter Biden at all before the 2020 election. Many of you believed that Trump truly did collude with Russians based on how it was presented to you. And on and on.
The Trump campaign had dozens of contacts with Russians and known Russian assets over the course of the campaign. You can find this information in the Murller (a Republican) Report. Thanks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

vantexan

The Trump campaign had dozens of contacts with Russians and known Russian assets over the course of the campaign. You can find this information in the Murller (a Republican) Report. Thanks.
The Mueller Report investigation was led by a Republican but the entire investigative team were Democrats. And they never found any collusion with Russians. They even went so far as to spy on various members of Trump's campaign including one who turned out to be a CIA asset gathering information during his trips to Russia. None of the information in the Steele Dossier, which was the basis for the investigation, could be corroborated and internal FBI memos showed they knew it was made up lies. Yet they still used it to go to the FISA court to get warrants to spy on Trump team members. And ultimately it was determined that the Clinton campaign had paid for the Steele dossier through a highly partisan law firm. When Clinton repeatedly referred to the dossier as proof that Trump was colluding she knew she was lying.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Russia, China, N Korea, understand power. Maniacs here want to surrender that powers, making us less safe.

Next Day Err

The Mueller Report investigation was led by a Republican but the entire investigative team were Democrats. And they never found any collusion with Russians. They even went so far as to spy on various members of Trump's campaign including one who turned out to be a CIA asset gathering information during his trips to Russia. None of the information in the Steele Dossier, which was the basis for the investigation, could be corroborated and internal FBI memos showed they knew it was made up lies. Yet they still used it to go to the FISA court to get warrants to spy on Trump team members. And ultimately it was determined that the Clinton campaign had paid for the Steele dossier through a highly partisan law firm. When Clinton repeatedly referred to the dossier as proof that Trump was colluding she knew she was lying.
The Steele Dossier was NOT the basis of the investigation. It was at best a sideshow. The irresponsible “liberal” media screwed the pooch on this.