The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

newolddude

Give me even a shred of evidence that this is the Democrat’s grand agenda.

They don't need proof.

_97323217_gettyimages-830617844.jpg.webp

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Give me even a shred of evidence that this is the Democrat’s grand agenda.

Next Day Err

A shred of evidence that the Dems are making any of these moves because they believe it will cement their power. Remember that the Dems are falling out of favor with many Latino communities.

vantexan

A shred of evidence that the Dems are making any of these moves because they believe it will cement their power. Remember that the Dems are falling out of favor with many Latino communities.
The Democrats were pushing two new states and packing SCOTUS before they got extremely woke. And letting millions of potential new voters.in through the southern border would definitely tip the balance in their favor if the majority of them vote Democrat. If they could've kept them in Texas that alone would insure presidential election victories. They hadn't figured on swamping Texas would turn blue districts red or that Texas governor Abbott would ship hundreds of thousands into blue cities.

If these weren't the goals of the Democratic Party then can you explain why the push to create two new States? And exactly what benefit would it be to the country to have so many more immigrants all at once? Immigrants who haven't been vetted and must be supported by the government?

vantexan

Control and the power that comes with it from a national security perspective? Taxation and increased economic activity?
How so? We have military bases in Puerto Rico. People aren't taxed in D.C. now? Taxation in Puerto Rico? Of whom exactly considering how poor most of them are? Seriously there's a reason Democrats are pushing this. The potential for 4 more Democratic senators.

Next Day Err

How so? We have military bases in Puerto Rico. People aren't taxed in D.C. now? Taxation in Puerto Rico? Of whom exactly considering how poor most of them are? Seriously there's a reason Democrats are pushing this. The potential for 4 more Democratic senators.
I mean increased economic activity with travel, changes in regulations and taxes. Yes, it’s significant enough to consider it. But it’s not as easy as Congress snapping its fingers. PR has to decide that’s in its best interest as well.

vantexan

I mean increased economic activity with travel, changes in regulations and taxes. Yes, it’s significant enough to consider it. But it’s not as easy as Congress snapping its fingers. PR has to decide that’s in its best interest as well.
Puerto Ricans are already U.S. citizens who travel freely between the island and the mainland.

vantexan

That’s true but I can see with extra US connections as a state that there would be increased travel.
Why? We aren't restricted from travel there now. Don't even need a passport. They've had previous opportunities to vote in statehood. That would mean the residents of the island would have to pay income taxes. Let's be honest. The Democratic Party is looking out for the Democratic Party.

Next Day Err

Why? We aren't restricted from travel there now. Don't even need a passport. They've had previous opportunities to vote in statehood. That would mean the residents of the island would have to pay income taxes. Let's be honest. The Democratic Party is looking out for the Democratic Party.
That’s why I don’t think it’s a done deal. PR may decide against it even if Dems have control over all of government.

Next Day Err

You still aren't addressing why the Dems have let in so many illegals.
Differences in the way the Democrats see the asylum issue, etc. 2.3 million people have been let into the country, most have been families. Almost 400,000 children. They are desperate people. It’s just a difference in the way the issue has been handled. They aren’t voters. And won’t be voters. But Biden is now moving to the right of his position on this issue.