The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Very fine people on both sides

Let’s honor the filthy neo-Nazis that my great uncle would’ve loved to kick in the nuts but he couldn’t because the Nazis killed him in France.
How would great Uncle Gramps feel about Biden being soft on Hamas, Iran?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1707919455013.png

Next Day Err

Keep beating that drum. It's all you have going into November. Racism! Collusion! Racism! Collusion! Racism! Collusion!
Both are problems. Does it not concern you that Trump said he would literally be encouraging Russia to invade our European NATO allies? I feel like I’m taking insanity pills. I mean WTF

Wally

Both are problems. Does it not concern you that Trump said he would literally be encouraging Russia to invade our European NATO allies? I feel like I’m taking insanity pills. I mean WTF
No, he wants them to pay their fair share of NATO funding. Don't want to pay? Guess you are gambling with not being invaded.

Last edited:

vantexan

The crux of the problem with liberals is they never deal with WHY something was said. They only want to spin what was said to their advantage.

Trump isn't going to let Russia attack a NATO country. Except those NATO countries can't 100% be sure he won't since they haven't paid their required share of the NATO budget. So they get nervous and cough up the money.

Compare that with past administrations who just covered everything. Was a known fact for decades that a major reason European countries were prospering was because they spent their money on themselves and let the U.S. worry about their defense.

Times have changed. We have a huge debt problem. It's time other countries take responsibility for their own defense.

Next Day Err

No, he wants them to pay their fair share of NATO funding. Don't want to pay? Guess you are gambling with not being invaded.

It’s not a Trump’s personal protection racket. A secure and peaceful Europe has paid America a ridiculous level of dividends. There’s no “dues” that members must pay to NATO to be members.

Trump is loyal to Putin for what he and his thugs have done for his businesses over the decades.

Don’t believe the conman.

The Bulwark:

Here’s how Biden dealt with his classified documents, according to Hur:

Mr. Biden self-reported to the government that the Afghanistan documents were in his Delaware garage and consented to searches of his house to retrieve them and other classified materials. He also consented to searches of other locations, and later in the investigation, he participated in an interview with our office that lasted more than five hours. . . . Just as a person who destroys evidence and lies often proves his guilt, a person who produces evidence and cooperates will be seen by many to be innocent.
Hur contrasts this with Trump’s treatment of classified records:

Unlike the evidence involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if proven, would clearly establish not only Mr. Trump’s willfulness but also serious aggravating facts. Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite. According to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for months, but he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about it.

Wally

It’s not a Trump’s personal protection racket. A secure and peaceful Europe has paid America a ridiculous level of dividends. There’s no “dues” that members must pay to NATO to be members.

Trump is loyal to Putin for what he and his thugs have done for his businesses over the decades.

Not a free ride. Pay up or face potential problems.

Next Day Err

Not a free ride. Pay up or face potential problems.

That’s cute, but that’s not anywhere in the NATO pact. Members are urged to spend 2% but it’s not mandatory.

Why the encouraging Russia to attack our allies? Why has Trump trashed our European friends but lauded incessant praise on Putin?

Wally

That’s cute, but that’s not anywhere in the NATO pact. Members are urged to spend 2% but it’s not mandatory.

Why the encouraging Russia to attack our allies? Why has Trump trashed our European friends but lauded incessant praise on Putin?
We're broke. Time to ante up.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He’d feel a lot better about Biden than Trump. Biden is tough on Russia which funds Iran. Trump has only been consistent about one thing: he’s said nothing critical of Vladimir Putin.
Iran supports Hamas, so why did Biden unfreeze $6B in funds which let Iran spend as they wished.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It was their money to begin with and they didn’t even get access to that money.

Russia funds Hamas through Iran. Get it now?
All Biden got for unfreezing the funds were a couple of hostages, he's a poor negotiator.
Trump is a skilled negotiator and would have gotten the hostages back for much less.
Keep those old debunked tales of collusion with Russia, if you must but they are useless for talking points.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just for the record, some NATO countries do not provide funds.
Instead they provide support facilities and allow NATO planes to fly thru their airspace as payment.

vantexan

In 2006 NATO defense ministers agreed to commit a minimum of 2% of their countries GDP towards defense spending to insure the Alliance's military readiness. In 2023 11 members(out of 31) were expected to meet that goal. Germany, the biggest economy in Europe, was estimated at 1.57%. Poland was tops at 3.9% of GDP and U.S. was second at 3.49% but our GDP is much higher than any other country.

Last edited: