The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

vantexan

Good. Let’s make them cry uncle by helping our ally and friend finish crushing them.

What’s up with this appeasement attitude MAGA seems to have? Where in history has satisfying the fantasy of a radical commie American-hating madman got us anywhere?
The Obama and Biden administrations have all but performed oral sex on the Iranian mullahs and you want to talk appeasement?

Why don't you just say the truth? Your Democratic Party is just as much in bed with the military/industrial complex as many Republicans are and are willing to get us into constant wars to pad profits. Those profits mean big contributions to campaign coffers that keep politicians in power. Meanwhile our troops get used as cannon fodder, not to mention the civilian populations of these countries. I'm 100% for stopping aggression. Not for instigating it in order to stop it. If we're truly interested in ending the Ukraine war then give them the weapons systems necessary to end it. Let's not have another 10-20 year war with a bunch of smiling fat cats in Washington.

Next Day Err

Your Democratic Party is just as much in bed with the military/industrial complex as many Republicans are and are willing to get us into constant wars to pad profits

we're truly interested in ending the Ukraine war then give them the weapons systems necessary to end it.

So we should give them weapons except we shouldn’t give them weapons?

I’m with you, I don’t want to have to send our young people to defend NATO countries as much as anyone. But letting Putin fully run over Ukraine is only going to get us closer to the commie madman looking to Estonia, Latvia, etc. and the prospect of another great powers war. He will test us if given an opportunity. Let’s not give him that opportunity.

Appeasement never works with these power obsessed freaks. Russia hasn’t fully transformed into a war economy. I think they still could and that could be enough to cause chaos.

Next Day Err

So America should be a bread and circuses Rome with unbridled decadence. A liberal Democratic fantasy.
It’s called freedom. Sorry if it’s legal to be gay or trans or whatever is bothering you this week.

Why don’t you move somewhere where they don’t tolerate freedom?

Next Day Err

So Dems are all for higher taxes on Americans but not for NATO countries paying their fair share?
I am for NATO countries paying their fair share.

What I’m not for is encouraging a warmongering country led by a ex-spy commie America-hating madman to do “whatever the hell they like” to our allies if they don’t meet Trump’s imaginary dues payments. Don’t you see how utterly insane that is to even hear from a presidential candidate?

vantexan

So we should give them weapons except we shouldn’t give them weapons?

I’m with you, I don’t want to have to send our young people to defend NATO countries as much as anyone. But letting Putin fully run over Ukraine is only going to get us closer to the commie madman looking to Estonia, Latvia, etc. and the prospect of another great powers war. He will test us if given an opportunity. Let’s not give him that opportunity.

Appeasement never works with these power obsessed freaks. Russia hasn’t fully transformed into a war economy. I think they still could and that could be enough to cause chaos.
He won't test a strong president. Didn't invade anyone while Trump was president. The whole world settled down while Trump was president. Now as usual Democrats are talking hawkish to bolster their election chances. And if they win they'll be right back to being chicken:censored2: again.

vantexan

I am for NATO countries paying their fair share.

What I’m not for is encouraging a warmongering country led by a ex-spy commie America-hating madman to do “whatever the hell they like” to our allies if they don’t meet Trump’s imaginary dues payments. Don’t you see how utterly insane that is to even hear from a presidential candidate?
You were just saying that there's no rule that the NATO members must pay anything. That it's all a Trump con. Geez I can't wait until Trump is back in power just to see the constant panties being twisted by Democrats.

Next Day Err

He won't test a strong president. Didn't invade anyone while Trump was president. The whole world settled down while Trump was president. Now as usual Democrats are talking hawkish to bolster their election chances. And if they win they'll be right back to being chicken:censored2: again.
What should Biden specifically have done as Putin built up along the Ukrainian border two years ago? Sounds like you want him to simultaneously threaten him with nuclear winter while also working out a peaceful solution to his aims of regional domination? Which is it?

Next Day Err

You were just saying that there's no rule that the NATO members must pay anything. That it's all a Trump con. Geez I can't wait until Trump is back in power just to see the constant panties being twisted by Democrats.
There’s no rule. I stand by that. NATO countries are encouraged to spend 2% but it’s not in the bylaws as a requirement.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Trump should always say the opposite of what he wants. Dems will be against whatever he says.

vantexan

What should Biden specifically have done as Putin built up along the Ukrainian border two years ago? Sounds like you want him to simultaneously threaten him with nuclear winter while also working out a peaceful solution to his aims of regional domination? Which is it?
First Biden shouldn't have left $85 billion worth of military equipment in Afghanistan. Second he should have given the Ukrainians the tanks, aircraft, and missile systems that would have not only defeated the Russians to begin with but probably would have deterred the invasion. Obama should've armed them. Trump at least gave them weapons but that was to deal with ethnic Russian separatists, not a full scale invasion. What's happening is squarely on Biden, our chicken:censored2: president.

vantexan

There’s no rule. I stand by that. NATO countries are encouraged to spend 2% but it’s not in the bylaws as a requirement.

You are being deliberately obtuse.
They agreed to it in 2006, look it up. Trump tried to hold them to it. Putin invading Ukraine got them nervous. Trump is flat out saying it's not much of an alliance if the responsibilities fall mainly on the U.S. At least some countries understand that, like Poland(and we know how much the Dems just looovvvvveeeee Poland).

Next Day Err

They agreed to it in 2006, look it up. Trump tried to hold them to it. Putin invading Ukraine got them nervous. Trump is flat out saying it's not much of an alliance if the responsibilities fall mainly on the U.S. At least some countries understand that, like Poland(and we know how much the Dems just looovvvvveeeee Poland).
So would you agree with Donald Trump that it would be better if NATO countries who are underspending on defense be invaded by Russia?

Would you feel the same way if President Biden said those same words?

Answer the question.

vantexan

So would you agree with Donald Trump that it would be better if NATO countries who are underspending on defense be invaded by Russia?

Would you feel the same way if President Biden said those same words?

Answer the question.
If you pulled your head out of your ass would it make a popping sound?

Answer the question.

Trump is signaling to those not too obtuse to understand that when the U.S./Trump is back in power we will lead the world and expect other countries to keep to their commitments.

Next Day Err

If you pulled your head out of your ass would it make a popping sound?

Answer the question.

Trump is signaling to those not too obtuse to understand that when the U.S./Trump is back in power we will lead the world and expect other countries to keep to their commitments.
Keep their commitments or Trump will “ENCOURAGE” Russia to attack our allies, or “do whatever the hell they want”.

Trump didn’t strengthen NATO when he was president. But Biden has.