The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're right. Might be better if DeSantis just stays out at this point. Republican voters aren't ready to pick him over Trump.
Interesting perspective, thanks for sharing. Although, seeing as how you're a consistent Democrat, I'm not sure you really have good insight into the minds of Republican primary voters.

Box Ox

Interesting perspective, thanks for sharing. Although, seeing as how you're a consistent Democrat, I'm not sure you really have good insight into the minds of Republican primary voters.

Indeed. Just notched my first Republican votes 6 months ago. Well, fingers crossed that those mystery people do choose DeSantis if he does end up running for President next year.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's at least see how the debates go if DeSantis declares.
Democrats are Marxist at their core. Some of them don't realize it, some lie to themselves about it, and some just lie to others about it.

Collectivism is at the heart of the Neo-Marxist Democrat party. They have a hard time understanding a Republican primary process without an anointed leader like they do in their party.

Box Ox

Great ad by Trump's people. Maybe watching the back and forth between Trump and DeSantis is going to be more fun than I thought.
Can you link me to Desantis's announcement for his presidential run? I must have missed it.
You're right. Might be better if DeSantis just stays out at this point. Republican voters aren't ready to pick him over Trump.
Indeed. Just notched my first Republican votes 6 months ago. Well, fingers crossed that those mystery people do choose DeSantis if he does end up running for President next year.
Let's at least see how the debates go if DeSantis declares.

If the 2020 Presidential election was rigged / full of mystery ballots and Trump actually won..... could Trump v DeSantis debates really make the Republican base decide that Trump shouldn't get another shot at the White House?

vantexan

Democrats are Marxist at their core. Some of them don't realize it, some lie to themselves about it, and some just lie to others about it.

Collectivism is at the heart of the Neo-Marxist Democrat party. They have a hard time understanding a Republican primary process without an anointed leader like they do in their party.
You can really only get to where they want to go if the state controls everything. They've been convinced that everyone will be equal, have equal outcomes, live prosperously, and it'll all run smoothly if they can just end capitalism once and for all and turn everything over to an elite with the vision necessary to make it all work. Not realizing that it's the elite that has sold them on the idea and they'll end up being controlled by elites who see themselves as the legitimate rulers. It's like lemmings heading for that cliff.

vantexan

If the 2020 Presidential election was rigged / full of mystery ballots and Trump actually won..... could Trump v DeSantis debates really make the Republican base decide that Trump shouldn't get another shot at the White House?
Depends on whether Trump runs roughshod over DeSantis or DeSantis is able to convince Republicans with his performance that he's the future and Trump's time has passed. I just hope whoever is the nominee that he wins and the Republicans control the entire Congress. Divided government gets us nowhere and we've seen what the Dems want when they completely control it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not sure why you think Democrats' rigging of the last election means Trump is the automatic candidate. Seems like a random baseless assumption.

newolddude

Depends on whether Trump runs roughshod over DeSantis or DeSantis is able to convince Republicans with his performance that he's the future and Trump's time has passed. I just hope whoever is the nominee that he wins and the Republicans control the entire Congress. Divided government gets us nowhere and we've seen what the Dems want when they completely control it.

So all three branches of the government should be a single party?