The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

oldngray

nowhere special
Kamala Harris was on stage in Detroit today for a grand total of 6 minutes, 36 seconds. Recording artist Lizzo was with her and for some reason did not perform any music. Some event that was. Trump did an hour and 27 minutes in Detroit last night, btw.

fishtm2001

"It can’t be a coincidence that Trump’s increasingly bombastic and insensitive charges about the mental health of other people come right as the electorate is questioning what’s happening inside the cerebral cortex of the oldest major-party nominee for president in U.S. history. Ever since the candidate descended the Trump Tower escalator in 2015, Trump’s public displays of narcissism and penchant for telling lies have prompted controversial warnings from some psychiatrists. But the Republican’s increasingly erratic behavior on the 2024 campaign trail — slurring words, confusing names, rambling far off-topic — has voters asking who really “needs to have their head examined”: some 75-year-old voter worried about Medicare cuts, or Donald John Trump?"

Will Bunch

Next Day Err

Trump: gushes over a dead pro golfer's penis size

Trump supporters: He didn't say it. It's out of context......He did say it, but didn't mean it..... he did say it, but was joking...... he did say it, and meant it, but you're misinterpreting it. .... he said it, meant it, and said what he meant, but we don't care, because he's our Lord and Savior. Praise His Tiny Penis!

fishtm2001

donald: "I don't think I've ever said this before. So we do these rallies. They're massive rallies. Everybody loves, everybody stays till the end. By the way, you know, when she said that, well, your rallies people leave. Honestly, nobody does. And if I saw them leaving, I'd say, and ladies and gentlemen make America great again and I'd get the hell out, ok? Because I don't want people leaving. But I do have to say so I give these long sometimes very complex sentences and paragraphs but they all come together. I do it a lot. I do it with raising cane. That story. I do it with the story on the catapults on the aircraft carriers. I do it with a lot of different stories. When I mentioned Doctor Hannibal Lecter. I'm using that as an example of people that are coming in from Silence of the Lambs. I use it. They say it's terrible. So they say so I'll give this long complex area for instance that I talked about a lot of different territory… You know, for a town hall, there's a lot of people but the fake news likes to say, the fake news likes to say, oh, he was rambling. No, no, that's not rambling. That's genius. When you can connect the dots. Now, now, Sarah, if you couldn't connect the dots, you got a problem. But every dot was connected and many stories were told in that little paragraph."

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Kamala Harris was on stage in Detroit today for a grand total of 6 minutes, 36 seconds. Recording artist Lizzo was with her and for some reason did not perform any music. Some event that was. Trump did an hour and 27 minutes in Detroit last night, btw.
It's like she can't wait for it all to be over. She hates the spot she's been put in. She's looking forward to Election Day to be here more than anyone. Not to win, but be relieved of the agony.

fishtm2001

They’re both pathological liars so that’s 100% of the country’s voters
"The New York Times fact-checked Trump’s 63-minute jabbering at a recent Las Vegas campaign stop and found 64 false, inaccurate or misleading remarks — one a minute. That mendacity wasn’t even a record. A contender for the distinction would be Trump’s 64-minute August news conference at Mar-a-Lago that was more monologue than Q&A: He racked up at least 162 lies, misstatements and vast exaggerations by NPR’s count — about 2.5 a minute."

And of course there’s the final tally on his presidency from the Washington Post’s Fact Checker, dispenser of those ignominious Pinocchios: a total 30,573 lies and misleading statements and tweets. That’s nearly 20 a day, starting on Day 1 with Trump’s lies about the size of his inauguration crowd."

jackie Calmes

Thebrownblob

"The New York Times fact-checked Trump’s 63-minute jabbering at a recent Las Vegas campaign stop and found 64 false, inaccurate or misleading remarks — one a minute. That mendacity wasn’t even a record. A contender for the distinction would be Trump’s 64-minute August news conference at Mar-a-Lago that was more monologue than Q&A: He racked up at least 162 lies, misstatements and vast exaggerations by NPR’s count — about 2.5 a minute."

And of course there’s the final tally on his presidency from the Washington Post’s Fact Checker, dispenser of those ignominious Pinocchios: a total 30,573 lies and misleading statements and tweets. That’s nearly 20 a day, starting on Day 1 with Trump’s lies about the size of his inauguration crowd."

jackie Calmes
Dude, nobody believes the one-sided “fact check”. You can sit naked and enjoy yourself pretending they do. Maybe David Muir will join you?