The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

I remember my manager at another job used to say the more Obama talked the more the stock market went down. Well, the stock market rose during his 8 years.

Haven't looked it up but there was probably only really one direction it could reasonably go in after the 2008 crash, no?

Anyone watching this nonsense at Madison Square Garden??

Yep. He lied about no one from FEMA showing up in western NC again.

Appvol

Haven't looked it up but there was probably only really one direction it could reasonably go in after the 2008 crash, no?

Yep. He lied about no one from FEMA showing up in western NC again.
I haven’t seen anyone from FEMA in WNC. They might be around now but weren’t for several weeks

Box Ox

I haven’t seen anyone from FEMA in WNC. They might be around now but weren’t for several weeks
I know lots of people on the ground who have.
Where Asheville?

In the surrounding areas and mountains too. I'm very familiar with them.

They are around now but were very slow getting started. And they have been fairly ineffective when they have shown up.

That could very well be true. We might all be surprised if the federal government ever were quick to get started and fairly effective.

Was really impressed with the volunteers and organizations that showed up to help with rescue and relief in the days after Helene.

Appvol

In the surrounding areas and mountains too. I'm very familiar with them.

That could very well be true. We might all be surprised if the federal government ever were quick to get started and fairly effective.

Was really impressed with the volunteers and organizations that showed up to help with rescue and relief in the days after Helene.
Me too since I lived in the middle of it. 13 days no power. No flooding for me. Several dead in my county. Homes washed away. Homes gone from mudslides. Of course Asheville gets talked about like it’s ground zero though

oldngray

nowhere special
Me too since I lived in the middle of it. 13 days no power. No flooding for me. Several dead in my county. Homes washed away. Homes gone from mudslides. Of course Asheville gets talked about like it’s ground zero though
My sister in South Carolina had to detour all the way around Atlanta because the roads there were so bad.

Box Ox

Me too since I lived in the middle of it. 13 days no power. No flooding for me. Several dead in my county. Homes washed away. Homes gone from mudslides.

Yep. Some areas won't have power for a while to come. Their electrical infrastructure has to be entirely reconstructed. Never thought I'd be sending in helicopters to supply and pull out relatives.

Box Ox

I’m trying not to right now.

I got bad vibes!

I'm a little disturbed that I might be willing to vote for Trump this time around. Mostly due to J6 and the fake electors scheme. But I don't want to assume a lot of other folks are feeling the same way. If they are, and we're all ready to fire leftism into the sun, Kamala is definitely toast.