The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

newfie

Yeah....sure.

FhuhHXUWQAIwYLf
yea dinesh is a little late on that trump spelled it out in his announcement speech.

vantexan

Most endorsements were safe, in very red districts. Nothing wrong with that. But when citing numbers it does make Trump look wildly successful. Dems spent tens of millions helping Trump endorsed candidates in purple states get their nomination and they were fairly successful beating them. J.D. Vance was the most notable win for Trump supporting candidates. What matters is how many blue districts did Trump endorsed candidates flip to red? For Trump's endorsement to be meaningful he must bring change. Otherwise it's just playing with statistics.

Last edited:

newfie

But when citing numbers it does make Trump look wildly successful.
Trump was widely successful. When have you seen any other political figure hit a 90% plus success rate on his endorsements. You don't think those guys those other political figures would also pick people that were sure things?

back to my question. Do you the Republicans would have won the house without the Trump endorsements?

vantexan

Trump was widely successful. When have you seen any other political figure hit a 90% plus success rate on his endorsements. You don't think those guys those other political figures would also pick people that were sure things?

back to my question. Do you the Republicans would have won the house without the Trump endorsements?
How many districts were flipped from blue to red with a Trump endorsed candidate? That's the number that matters. In the Senate enough Trump endorsed candidates lost to not gain control of the Senate.

newfie

How many districts were flipped from blue to red with a Trump endorsed candidate? That's the number that matters. In the Senate enough Trump endorsed candidates lost to not gain control of the Senate.
How many districts were saved with trump endorsed candidates that would have lost if not for the Trump endorse candidate.

Again, you didn't answer the question so I'll ask for the third time. Do you really think the Republicans would have won the house without Trump's endorsements of over 200 candidates?

vantexan

How many districts were saved with trump endorsed candidates that would have lost if not for the Trump endorse candidate.

Again, you didn't answer the question so I'll ask for the third time. Do you really think the Republicans would have won the house without Trump's endorsements of over 200 candidates?
Come on now, if a district is substantially red it's highly unlikely any Republican would affect its outcome. If a district remained red it's a wash, Trump endorsement or not. To win the House districts had to be flipped. And some were no doubt with Trump's help. Some because of the economy. But in the end not very many. No red wave. The only thing that mattered in the end was Republicans 218 or more in the House, 51 or more in the Senate(which of course didn't happen in the Senate). And why would a red district need saving anyways in this economic environment?

vantexan

If you can prove he flipped enough districts I'll believe you. If you can prove his endorsement didn't matter in us losing the Senate I'll believe you. "Because Trump" isn't a valid argument these days.

newfie

If you can prove he flipped enough districts I'll believe you. If you can prove his endorsement didn't matter in us losing the Senate I'll believe you. "Because Trump" isn't a valid argument these days.
90 percent success rate in all parts of the country including California and new York.

vantexan

You're buying into the DNC made up narrative.
Everything that doesn't jibe with your point of view is a made up narrative? There were a lot of candidates in deeply red districts who didn't need Trump's endorsement to win. Not jumping on an anti-Trump bandwagon, just being honest about what happened. If 20% of Trump's Senate endorsements had won the Republicans would control the Senate.

vantexan

Whose endorsement do you think would have won Republicans the seat in those Democrat states?
Oz most likely would've won if they had debated before 800,000 mail in ballots had been sent in. But he barely beat a guy in the primary who probably would've done better being a Pennsylvanian. Chris Sununu is an extremely popular governor in New Hampshire. His coattails should have been enough to pull a better candidate than Bolduc across the line. Laxalt was ahead by 3 points but lost in Nevada that had just voted in a Republican governor. But ultimately it was about the candidates Trump chose to endorse. Masters in AZ came off a bit odd. Walker should have gotten at least 50% considering how popular Kemp is. And considering how badly the country was mismanaged in the last two years even blue states should have seen a lot more Republican success. If Republicans want Trump to be reelected they'll vote for him in the primaries. But Trump ragging on his fellow Republicans, especially when they've just had some great results, and putting himself out there before the Walker runoff is decided, makes him seem jealous, petty, and attention seeking. It's wearing thin.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oz most likely would've won if they had debated before 800,000 mail in ballots had been sent in. But he barely beat a guy in the primary who probably would've done better being a Pennsylvanian. Chris Sununu is an extremely popular governor in New Hampshire. His coattails should have been enough to pull a better candidate than Bolduc across the line. Laxalt was ahead by 3 points but lost in Nevada that had just voted in a Republican governor. But ultimately it was about the candidates Trump chose to endorse. Masters in AZ came off a bit odd. Walker should have gotten at least 50% considering how popular Kemp is. And considering how badly the country was mismanaged in the last two years even blue states should have seen a lot more Republican success. If Republicans want Trump to be reelected they'll vote for him in the primaries. But Trump ragging on his fellow Republicans, especially when they've just had some great results, and putting himself out there before the Walker runoff is decided, makes him seem jealous, petty, and attention seeking. It's wearing thin.
All that text and yet somehow you managed to not answer the question.

vantexan

All that text and yet somehow you managed to not answer the question.
Because you couched it in such a way that I couldn't answer it because the only endorsement that matters nationally is Trump's. So I took the time to explain why Trump's endorsements didn't bring in the Senate. You're welcome.