The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, no, no, he's all yours.
1598847976468.jpg

newfie

Everything that doesn't jibe with your point of view is a made up narrative? There were a lot of candidates in deeply red districts who didn't need Trump's endorsement to win. Not jumping on an anti-Trump bandwagon, just being honest about what happened. If 20% of Trump's Senate endorsements had won the Republicans would control the Senate.
90 percent of trumps endorsements won in over 200 races. If you count the primaries he's around 96 percent.
You claim they were a sure thing as if the republican party often dominates the house races in these elections.
by your logic Nancy Pelosi is apparently the head of the republican party.

newfie

Oz most likely would've won if they had debated before 800,000 mail in ballots had been sent in. But he barely beat a guy in the primary who probably would've done better being a Pennsylvanian. Chris Sununu is an extremely popular governor in New Hampshire. His coattails should have been enough to pull a better candidate than Bolduc across the line. Laxalt was ahead by 3 points but lost in Nevada that had just voted in a Republican governor. But ultimately it was about the candidates Trump chose to endorse. Masters in AZ came off a bit odd. Walker should have gotten at least 50% considering how popular Kemp is. And considering how badly the country was mismanaged in the last two years even blue states should have seen a lot more Republican success. If Republicans want Trump to be reelected they'll vote for him in the primaries. But Trump ragging on his fellow Republicans, especially when they've just had some great results, and putting himself out there before the Walker runoff is decided, makes him seem jealous, petty, and attention seeking. It's wearing thin.

your only focused on the senate to make your argument and ignoring the house win to make your argument?

newfie

Because you couched it in such a way that I couldn't answer it because the only endorsement that matters nationally is Trump's. So I took the time to explain why Trump's endorsements didn't bring in the Senate. You're welcome.
what other leader made endorsements that did better than trump?

newfie

Better not tell Newfie, he's certain Trump made all the difference.
didnt see anyone else stepping up to the plate that made anywhere near the impact that trump did.

I'm fine with someone else stepping up to endorse and make a difference in this race. But it appears Trump was the guy that did most of the leg work in this election while others were missing in action.

vantexan

90 percent of trumps endorsements won in over 200 races. If you count the primaries he's around 96 percent.
You claim they were a sure thing as if the republican party often dominates the house races in these elections.
by your logic Nancy Pelosi is apparently the head of the republican party.
In this environment the Republicans way underperformed. And again you keep leaving out the fact that 2/3rds of the wins were in non competitive races. Trump endorsed candidates in competitive races lost more than they won. The Dems spent tens of millions in contributions helping MAGA candidates in competitive districts win their primary. They figured they'd be easier to beat and more times than not they were right. It certainly didn't help that Mitch McConnell was holding back funds from a lot of MAGA candidates either.

vantexan

your only focused on the senate to make your argument and ignoring the house win to make your argument?
We barely won the House when the Dems had a small majority to begin with. And we should've won the Senate. Two years of mismanagement by Dems and this is the best we can do?

newfie

In this environment the Republicans way underperformed.
again who else besides Trump stepped up and tried to make a difference in these elections on the scale that Trump did.?
again who else had anywhere near the success rate that Trump had?

newfie

Never? Geez you're sensitive about Trump.
i repeated the same question to you about five times and instead of answering it you kept giving me speeches.

again would the republicans have won the house without Trump and his 220 wins in the finals?

newfie

We barely won the House when the Dems had a small majority to begin with. And we should've won the Senate. Two years of mismanagement by Dems and this is the best we can do?
who other than trump on a national scale tried to do what Trump did to make the republican party successful?
Cruz and pence on a much smaller scale.
Did you see Desantis out there with his 300 endorsed candidates?
larry hogan will probably run as a moderate republican did you see him anywhere or his list of 300?
Who else was holding rallies all over the place for their candidates other than Trump?

nobody.

vantexan

again who else besides Trump stepped up and tried to make a difference in these elections on the scale that Trump did.?
again who else had anywhere near the success rate that Trump had?
Of course there was no one else but Trump. The MAGA wing of the party dominates the party. Trump did great things as president. He's also possibly the biggest jerk to ever hold the office. We don't need liberal media lies to know that. At some point do we push the Republican platform or do we go down with the Trump ship? For the millionth time if he wins the nomination I will vote for him. If a candidate challenges him in the primary that I think can do as good a job without all the drama that guy will get my vote.

vantexan

i repeated the same question to you about five times and instead of answering it you kept giving me speeches.

again would the republicans have won the house without Trump and his 220 wins in the finals?
Yes, because the issues were inflation, crime, and the border, not who endorsed who. We picked up seats in NY for example because of crime and inflation.

vantexan

who other than trump on a national scale tried to do what Trump did to make the republican party successful?
Cruz and pence on a much smaller scale.
Did you see Desantis out there with his 300 endorsed candidates?
larry hogan will probably run as a moderate republican did you see him anywhere or his list of 300?
Who else was holding rallies all over the place for their candidates other than Trump?

nobody.
Why would a governor involved in his own race and not a national politician be out endorsing others? And let's be clear, it wasn't 300 Congressional candidates.