The big bang theory

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
@Tom MacDonald say it ain’t so.
Tom is providing circumstantial evidence for the historical relevance of the Bible.

While God is revealed in Scripture, He is not defined solely by it. For example, the American Indian subscribed to the Great Spirit never having read a single word of Scripture, because God is evident even without text.

God speaks with a tiny voice that we must be silent to hear. You constantly scream in sin to drown out His voice.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It's well established that Neanderthals lived across Europe and in the Middle East. Plenty of skeletons, cave art, tools and weapons. They were intelligent, had fire, and physically much stronger than homo sapiens. Ah, but how can any human unlike our humans exist?
Hoax.
Fake news for tadpole developers.
There is no missing link.

BrownFlush

Tom is providing circumstantial evidence for the historical relevance of the Bible.

While God is revealed in Scripture, He is not defined solely by it. For example, the American Indian subscribed to the Great Spirit never having read a single word of Scripture, because God is evident even without text.

God speaks with a tiny voice that we must be silent to hear. You constantly scream in sin to drown out His voice.
You're arguing against intentional ignorance.

El Correcto

god is dead

Tom is providing bull:censored2: and God is not evident. God is a gap in human knowledge slowly being discredited as we advance. Religious people move the goal post repeatedly and place your god at the limits of human understanding. At least the smart ones do, the truly ignorant bastards don’t bother and just deny scientific advancements.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Tom is providing bull* and God is not evident. God is a gap in human knowledge slowly being discredited as we advance. Religious people move the goal post repeatedly and place your god at the limits of human understanding. At least the smart ones do, the truly ignorant bastards don’t bother and just deny scientific advancements.
Still waiting for you to provide an example of an object that wasn’t created, that is the source of its own existence.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And we know for a fact that mitochondrial DNA passes from mother to child. That's not quite the same as fathers may sometimes contribute as a study suggests.

Do you understand how the process works? If people have mitochondria from both parents in all their cells, and scientists formulate theories based on the belief that they only get them from their mother, that might throw off their conclusions just a bit, agreed?
Theories are just that, theory. There are so many assumptions being made in science all the time, that just about anything they come up with that is reasonably close to reality is as likely due to dumb luck as it is the methodology.

We can't even explain the most fundamental aspects of reality, matter and consciousness. How arrogant do we have to be to believe we can explain things that are even more complicated if we can't understand the basics?

That being said, I'm not anti-science. Mostly anti-idiot scientist and idiot-scientist believer, which is most people. All science should be held with an extreme degree of skeptism. Everyone should understand that, and behave accordingly.

Sorry, just ranting. It's not directed at you. I enjoy reading about new scientific discoveries as well. It's like getting a finger painting from a kindergartener.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Tom is providing bull* and God is not evident. God is a gap in human knowledge slowly being discredited as we advance. Religious people move the goal post repeatedly and place your god at the limits of human understanding. At least the smart ones do, the truly ignorant bastards don’t bother and just deny scientific advancements.

That's the problem, the gap isn't being closed. The more we learn, the more we realize that we don't know. I hypothesize that there is a neural pathway, which I call the authority circuit, in the brain that is associated with the fight or flight circuit, and probably closely associated with consciousness.

Being aware that the unknown presents a danger, and being aware that there is a lot we don't know, either puts us in a state of constant fear, generating all sorts of neuroses in order to deal with the fear (OCD for example). Or we develop a sense of authority, that someone or something is handling all the stuff we don't understand, so we can live a full, meaningful life.

No person deserves that sort of trust, so God is likely the best solution. That says nothing about whether we created God, or vice versa. But we certainly have a arguable need for the existence of God, even if He is a figment of our imagination. Our alternative is mental disorder, or Hitler.

BrownFlush

Religious people move the goal post repeatedly and place your god at the limits of human understanding.
WrongDong,
No one, absolutely no one , has moved the goal posts more than evolutionists and atheist.
I am limited to what God has revealed. But, what he has is plenty of proof for me , through his revealed will ( perfect without any error or inconsistency) and nature. Nothing blind faith about it.
Changing your mind as things are revealed as fact and someone learns truth is not moving the goalposts. It’s learning.
Changing theories every year when someone finds a tooth because it debunks the previous theory, proves it’s a joke. ( I don’t know , but I heard they found Van’s ancestral jawbone, you know, the one that Sampson used to slay the Philistines)
The Bible proves science . Science and history prove the Bible.
Advance science. Scripture will embrace every fact.
Advance and change theories and I will keep laughing at the “ ignorant bastards” that believe man evolved from a tadpole in pond scum that came from nothing.

BrownFlush

That’s the difference between you and me. I can say “I don’t know”. You are under religious obligation to push unprovable non sense without evidence.
The difference in you and I is that I won’t go to moronic lengths and accept idiotic theories as fact, just to keep from accepting the obvious truth.
For a creation to exist, there has to be a Creator,
For design and order to be in place, there’s has to be one who designed it and put it in order.

You have to say “I don’t know “ because there is only the one thing left to admit. Uh-oh .. can’t be doing that.

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
No person deserves that sort of trust, so God is likely the best solution. That says nothing about whether we created God, or vice versa. But we certainly have a arguable need for the existence of God, even if He is a figment of our imagination. Our alternative is mental disorder, or Hitler.
That is a very black and white and dangerous point of view.
It’s entirely possible to actively believe “I don’t know, and I couldn’t prove it even I claimed to know.”
Without being Hitler or having aspergers.
We are our own gods, as in, our actions and level of commitment and dedication to our tasks dictate the kind of life we have.
Praying to something you HOPE exists because it makes things better or easier in your head, to me, THAT’s mental disorder.

Last edited:

It will be fine

The difference in you and I is that I won’t go to moronic lengths and accept idiotic theories as fact, just to keep from accepting the obvious truth.
For a creation to exist, there a to be a Creator,
For design and order to be in place, the has to be on who designed it and put it in order.
Even if one agrees with the necessity of a creator, what’s makes the one you believe in the right one? There’s hundreds to choose from.

BrownFlush

Even if one agrees with the necessity of a creator, what’s makes the one you believe in the right one? There’s hundreds to choose from.
Uh - oh... Are you throwing the scent of the subject tadpole grower?

You just go ahead and have that cross legged Buddha statue create whatever you want him to.

El Correcto

god is dead
WrongDong,
No one, absolutely no one , has moved the goal posts more than evolutionists and atheist.
I am limited to what God has revealed. But, what he has is plenty of proof for me , through his revealed will ( perfect without any error or inconsistency) and nature. Nothing blind faith about it.
Changing your mind as things are revealed as fact and someone learns truth is not moving the goalposts. It’s learning.
Changing theories every year when someone finds a tooth because it debunks the previous theory, proves it’s a joke. ( I don’t know , but I heard they found Van’s ancestral jawbone, you know, the one that Sampson used to slay the Philistines)
The Bible proves science . Science and history prove the Bible.
Advance science. Scripture will embrace every fact.
Advance and change theories and I will keep laughing at the “ ignorant bastards” that believe man evolved from a tadpole in pond scum that came from nothing.
Further human understanding absolutely is moving goal posts, in a good way, backed by facts.

BrownFlush

You think that’s a good answer? Are all Christians angry trolls or is it just the ones in this thread?
Unreal, tadpole grower.
Atheist on this thread are hateful people.

Live it up . Out of the hundreds of gods you claim are out there, you can give all the credit for creating or none, take your pick or don’t.
“Choose you this day who you will serve. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” — Joshua 24:15

It will be fine

Unreal, tadpole grower.
Atheist on this thread are hateful people.

Live it up . Out of the hundreds of gods you claim are out there, you can give all the credit for creating or none, take your pick or don’t.
“Choose you this day who you will serve. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” — Joshua 24:15
Lol. “My book is always correct! See it says it right in my book!”

BrownFlush

Lol. “My book is always correct! See it says it right in my book!”
The tadpole grower doesn’t like the God l chose.

Choose whoever you want tadpole. You said there hundreds out there. Have at it. Why should you attack the one I chose?
You read? The verse says, you can choose or don’t choose and do the tadpole dance.
Sounds leftist attacking the God I chose.

Last edited:

rickyb

That's the problem, the gap isn't being closed. The more we learn, the more we realize that we don't know. I hypothesize that there is a neural pathway, which I call the authority circuit, in the brain that is associated with the fight or flight circuit, and probably closely associated with consciousness.

Being aware that the unknown presents a danger, and being aware that there is a lot we don't know, either puts us in a state of constant fear, generating all sorts of neuroses in order to deal with the fear (OCD for example). Or we develop a sense of authority, that someone or something is handling all the stuff we don't understand, so we can live a full, meaningful life.

i dont like the idea that im not in control of my life.

maturity is coming to terms with this.