The Border Crisis: Is Allowing Illegals To Flood In A Good Thing?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Congress decided how many come in, not some citizen of another nation. Build that wall and severely punish anyone hiring illegal's. Life without parole for anyone drug smuggling across the border.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Send them to cities that can handle it. Give those cities a couple hour warning the buses are inbound and where they'll be going so that the proper local social services/religious groups can be waiting to render aid.

They put people on planes telling them they were going to a city (Boston) and would have arrangements there. Instead they dropped them off at an island 3 to 5 hours away and with nothing there except Fox News and DeSantis campaign workers waiting.

The bitch you love to hate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is asking to bring the migrants to her district.

They're sending them to the cities who are offering refuge as a way to signal their virtue. But, when their bluff is called, they panic and blame the people who have to deal with 100 times worse every day. Everyone in the federal government and all the blue states and cities needs to be forced to live in a border town, see how they like it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Send them to cities that can handle it. Give those cities a couple hour warning the buses are inbound and where they'll be going so that the proper local social services/religious groups can be waiting to render aid.

They put people on planes telling them they were going to a city (Boston) and would have arrangements there. Instead they dropped them off at an island 3 to 5 hours away and with nothing there except Fox News and DeSantis campaign workers waiting.

The bitch you love to hate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is asking to bring the migrants to her district.

Why should your sanctuary cities be treated any better than the border towns?

:censored2: deal with it!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • Lisa Belcastro, homelessness director of the island, yesterday made the sensational claim that the affluent area has a ‘housing crisis’
  • The author herself has a four bed and four bathroom luxury $3.6million mansion on Martha's Vineyard, in a secluded part of the town
  • Private rooms and small guest stays are on offer for $180 a night, as well as much larger multi-bedroom properties for $10,000

newfie

• Lisa Belcastro, homelessness director of the island, yesterday made the sensational claim that the affluent area has a ‘housing crisis’
  • The author herself has a four bed and four bathroom luxury $3.6million mansion on Martha's Vineyard, in a secluded part of the town
  • Private rooms and small guest stays are on offer for $180 a night, as well as much larger multi-bedroom properties for $10,000
the hypocrisy is priceless

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Any open land in Martha's Vineyard? Golf course, park, etc, where a public housing project could be built? What better way for liberals to have skin in the game.

Open Space Protection
The fact that about 40% of the Island is already permanently protected open space is a remarkable testament to generations of efforts by conservation groups, by towns, by individual property owners, and since 1986, by the Martha’s Vineyard Land Bank. However, much of the 30% of the Island which is still available for development is environmentally important and should be protected as open space.

newfie

Open Space Protection
The fact that about 40% of the Island is already permanently protected open space is a remarkable testament to generations of efforts by conservation groups, by towns, by individual property owners, and since 1986, by the Martha’s Vineyard Land Bank. However, much of the 30% of the Island which is still available for development is environmentally important and should be protected as open space.
They're keeping the exclusive ...exclusive

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • The video showed sprawling lines of people queuing in Mexico before slowly making their way into Eagle Pass, TX
  • The three groups were spotted marching over rough terrain while being herded by a lesser number of guides
  • The footage is the latest damning indictment against the Biden administration's failed attempts to crack down
  • It also makes a mockery of Kamala Harris, who earlier this week claimed in an interview the border was secure
  • It comes as the White House is reportedly locked in a furious battle with Homeland Security over the bord

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Open Space Protection
We'll let the homeless camp there

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
yes it is a good thing.

we can't even get the mail delivered in our hood. every business in town has help wanted signs.
Americans don't wanna work anymore.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I live in California. Lots of Hispanics in my town.

If I can't do something myself , I hire them.
Needed 5 big trees taken down. They did it in about 8 hours. A white crew would have charged me 3 times as much since it takes 3 days for them.
And the Hispanic crew was licensed and insured too. I made sure.

Hispanics in general work faster, work harder , and charge less than their white counterparts.
It's just a fact around here.
I have made friends with many of them.
Good people.

Would rather share some cervasa with them rather than most of you clowns.

newolddude

So why is Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida, using taxpayer money to solve a Federal Government issue ?
He's solving a Texas issue.

It's behind a paywall but the Miami Herald has a breakdown.
-DeSantis is using money he has granted to him by the Florida state legislature.
-the problem is that money is to move immigrants from Florida to lib :censored2: havens
-the bill says they have to use Florida companies (bus and plane) who use Florida employees to remove immigrants from Florida
-DeSantis didn't contact Texas governor Rick Scott
-DeSantis used a Texas charter company
-the flights went Texas > Florida > North Carolina > Martha's Vineyard

This isn't solving a Federal problem. This is DeSantis building his resume for 2024.