The Border Crisis: Is Allowing Illegals To Flood In A Good Thing?

Next Day Err

I said it lets in millions of foreigners and codifies citizenship for them.

Your party just wants these people for votes.
In what does it codify citizenship for migrants?

In the meantime we're going to let an American-hating commie ex-KGB agent engulf Ukraine, our friend and economic partner in the region, if the EU can't stop him. America is ceasing its leadership role and will lead to higher security costs in the future. Thanks, Republicans.

Last edited:

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
In what does it codify citizenship for migrants?

In the meantime we're going to let an American-hating commie ex-KGB agent engulf Ukraine, our friend and economic partner in the region, if the EU can't stop him. America is ceasing its leadership role and will lead to higher security costs in the future. Thanks, Republicans.

If the Democrats are so concerned about Ukraine then make a bill to deal with Ukraine. Why would the Dems try to slide that in on a bill for our border security? These bills are not for what they say they are for. It seems it is always about more money. Until Biden does things in his power that he already has there should never be any other bill passed. I think a lot of people see and understand that. He can’t keep the USA hostage because his money pit for Ukraine has dried up.

Next Day Err

If the Democrats are so concerned about Ukraine then make a bill to deal with Ukraine.
Speaker Johnson has signaled clearly that he won’t support any funding for our partners and allies without an immigration bill that ties them together. Now it doesn’t look like we will even get that bill.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This faux jingoism schtick you people keep acting out is so silly. Trump was harder on Russia than Biden. Biden's weakness emboldened Putin.

Next Day Err

This faux jingoism schtick you people keep acting out is so silly. Trump was harder on Russia than Biden. Biden's weakness emboldened Putin.
Biden warned them not to invade. They did. Biden helped degrade their invading military by half with <5% of our military budget… and now the Republicans are about to undo that progress. :censored2: tier political party.

Next Day Err

It allows more than 5000 a day into the country.
If during a period of seven consecutive calendar days the average of migrant encounters at the southern border reaches 5,000, the secretary of Homeland Security would be required to activate border emergency authority.

Catch and release would be over.

I guess you don’t really care about the problem.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If during a period of seven consecutive calendar days the average of migrant encounters at the southern border reaches 5,000, the secretary of Homeland Security would be required to activate border emergency authority.

Nope

You get a lot of misinformation from your left wing media.

Darmark7

If exactly what you are saying was true then that would be a hard no for anyone for border security. 5000 is not secure.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If exactly what you are saying was true then that would be a hard no for anyone for border security. 5000 is not secure.
It's more than 5000.
There are many exemptions built into the bill to not count certain migrants.

Furthermore, the bill explicitly says they can ignore the limit for any reason they choose. It also says they can exempt anyone from the limit if they choose to do so.

If they do choose to enforce the limit, it doesn't close the border, it just forces the crossers to use a port of entry. The bill requires them to allow 500,000 a year at those ports of entries.

And it doesn't end catch and release.

Everything these Democrats are saying is a lie. This bill is complete trash.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
“Since his first day in office, President Biden and his administration have worked to systematically undermine America’s border security,” Johnson said. “On more than 60 occasions, he has manipulated the federal bureaucracy to open our borders to illegal immigrants, human trafficking, fentanyl, and potential terrorists. The result is a humanitarian and national security catastrophe.”

oldngray

nowhere special
“This bill keeps the border wide open,” Mace responded. “There’s so many loopholes in this bill it’ll make your head spin, and any Republican that supports it supports open borders, because it’s going to allow Secretary Mayorkas to have full discretion on who comes in above that 5,000 limit, it lowers the standard for those that are seeking asylum and look, the American people are tired of being an ATM machine for the illegal aliens that are coming across our border every single day and the more that I read, the language in this bill, the more frustrated I get with it. It’s not what we’re being sold.”

Darmark7

“This bill keeps the border wide open,” Mace responded. “There’s so many loopholes in this bill it’ll make your head spin, and any Republican that supports it supports open borders, because it’s going to allow Secretary Mayorkas to have full discretion on who comes in above that 5,000 limit, it lowers the standard for those that are seeking asylum and look, the American people are tired of being an ATM machine for the illegal aliens that are coming across our border every single day and the more that I read, the language in this bill, the more frustrated I get with it. It’s not what we’re being sold.”

All you have to know is MSM and Democrats are wanting this to pass.

On a side note. When did Biden go racist? He now wants the border closed?
Remember that’s what they said about Trump when he wanted it closed.