El Correcto

god is dead
I like the history of British colonization because there are a lot of gay figures who perpetrated it.
Like Cecil Rhodes, Rhodesia was named after a gay man.

A lot of gay aristocracy weren’t treated well at home, they went abroad mostly as military officers and :censored2:ed and sucked their way across Africa and Asia.

vantexan

The scramble for Africa and colonial Africa.

It was brutal times for blacks, Europe still had access to cheap African labor kept under brutal conditions and under truly racist governments. Following their abolitionist movement.
If you look at Great Britain they were little involved in Africa outside of South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Egypt. Most of their wealth was produced elsewhere, especially India. Wealth wasn't generated as much in Africa as Spain did in the Americas. Which is why colonial powers divested themselves from Africa.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you look at Great Britain they were little involved in Africa outside of South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Egypt. Most of their wealth was produced elsewhere, especially India. Wealth wasn't generated as much in Africa as Spain did in the Americas. Which is why colonial powers divested themselves from Africa.
Okay, doesn’t change the fact they still treated blacks horribly and profited from it. Setting up things like the diamond industry that has been wonderful for Africa ever since and nothing has ever gone wrong with.

vantexan

Okay, doesn’t change the fact they still treated blacks horribly and profited from it. Setting up things like the diamond industry that has been wonderful for Africa ever since and nothing has ever gone wrong with.
Didn't say they didn't. I specifically pointed out that @It will be fine was knocking the U.S. as being behind in its treatment of women but various important things happened at different times for different countries. The U.K. freeing its slaves long before the U.S. doesn't mean suddenly everything got rosy for blacks in the U.K. no more than the Emancipation Proclamation didn't make things fair and equal in the States. Colonialism isn't capitalism. It requires projecting military power on other populations to force them into economic subservience. Free trade wasn't a concept then. Different time and a much more brutal world. And we can be just as brutal today if the veneer of economic cooperation is removed. Ask Hussein. And what ultimately is likely to happen with China.

El Correcto

god is dead
Didn't say they didn't. I specifically pointed out that @It will be fine was knocking the U.S. as being behind in its treatment of women but various important things happened at different times for different countries. The U.K. freeing its slaves long before the U.S. doesn't mean suddenly everything got rosy for blacks in the U.K. no more than the Emancipation Proclamation didn't make things fair and equal in the States. Colonialism isn't capitalism. It requires projecting military power on other populations to force them into economic subservience. Free trade wasn't a concept then. Different time and a much more brutal world. And we can be just as brutal today if the veneer of economic cooperation is removed. Ask Hussein. And what ultimately is likely to happen with China.
Free trade absolutely was a concept in the 1800’s.
Adam smith cranked this bad boy out of his mummies basement during the late 1700’s.
291768BA-A690-4FDB-B1BD-1673BBCB3DC7.jpeg

Laissez faire is basically French for :censored2: communists.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s what I don’t understand about :censored2: “anarchist communists” alt left loonies.
“Like we don’t want anyone to be in control”,by the way here are barricades, you aren’t allowed to operate your business, don’t film us, no journalism, blah blah blah. Endless authoritarianism in their anarchist paradise because that is the state of nature. It’s why there should be government there to establish a social contract we all live under, to safe guard your individual rights to have things like a free media and private property.

MAKAVELI

It’s what I don’t understand about * “anarchist communists” alt left loonies.
“Like we don’t want anyone to be in control”,by the way here are barricades, you aren’t allowed to operate your business, don’t film us, no journalism, blah blah blah. Endless authoritarianism in their anarchist paradise because that is the state of nature. It’s why there should be government there to establish a social contract we all live under, to safe guard your individual rights to have things like a free media and private property.
It's funny that you equate anarchists with communists. 🙃

vantexan

Free trade absolutely was a concept in the 1800’s.
Adam smith cranked this bad boy out of his mummies basement during the late 1700’s.
View attachment 333232
Laissez faire is basically French for * communists.
And it took awhile for it to take hold. Pointing guns at someone and telling them everything you do will be first and foremost for our benefit isn't free trade.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The problem is less who established it, and more who enabled it.

Blockades are an effective deterrent. Authority resides in the duly elected, not the self appointed.

El Correcto

god is dead
It's funny that you equate anarchists with communists. 🙃
I’m not the one doing it, that’s Antifa. It’s why it’s in quotes. Who do you think is rioting in Portland for months on end?
Here is a little homework for you homie, the public system clearly failed you like it did me.
“Anarcho-communism”.

MAKAVELI

I’m not the one doing it, that’s Antifa. It’s why it’s in quotes. Who do you think is rioting in Portland for months on end?
Here is a little homework for you homie, the public system clearly failed you like it did me.
“Anarcho-communism”.
Nah bro. Anarchy is the opposite of communism. But those two words together gets you cuccks all worked up ready to storm the capitol. Lol

El Correcto

god is dead
Nah bro. Anarchy is the opposite of communism. But those two words together gets you cuccks all worked up ready to storm the capitol. Lol
I kind of agree, but these people think you can have communism without the centralized authoritarianism forcing everyone to comply.
They are either liars or fools.