Box Ox

It hasn't even been shown that Chauvin killed him, let alone that there was intent.
Yep. All of the "wasn't department policy" or "it made me sad to watch" stuff is filler fluff that seems to have little to do with what Chauvin has been overcharged with.

Was I horrified by the video? Yes. Did Chauvin make some terrible choices? Yes. Should Chauvin ever be able to work as a cop again? I don't think so. Did Chauvin kill Floyd? Haven't seen any solid proof of it.

vantexan

She was about to enter a protected area where members of Congress were sheltering. And she could have had a pipe bomb, incendiary device, weapons, anthrax etc in her backpack. The officer who shot her didn't know who she was or what her intentions were. Couldn't assume they weren't to do harm just because of her white skin. If that'd been some black dude going through the window I think some here might have a different perspective on the shooting.

View attachment 333701
Leave it to a liberal to turn it into racism. No doubt she brought it on herself. But seems to me the officer could've just pushed her back. He was at fairly close range.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep. All of the "wasn't department policy" or "it made me sad to watch" stuff is filler fluff that seems to have little to do with what Chauvin has been overcharged with.

Was I horrified by the video? Yes. Did Chauvin make some terrible choices? Yes. Should Chauvin ever be able to work as a cop again? I don't think so. Did Chauvin kill Floyd? Haven't seen any solid proof of it.
Floyd was a dead man walking. His body just hadn't realized it yet. It was more like a suicide when he swallowed his whole stash when he saw the cops.

Box Ox

Leave it to a liberal to turn it into racism
If that had been a black hard leftist who'd just climbed through the busted out window I think many here would have been all for their shooting.

But seems to me the officer could've just pushed her back. He was at fairly close range.
Why allow her to get even closer? She was part of the larger zip tie-carrying "Hang Mike Pence" and "Where's Nancy?" crowd. She could have had anything in her backpack and intended to do harm. Glad she didn't make it through the window and into the Speaker's Lobby.

vantexan

If that had been a black hard leftist who'd just climbed through the busted out window I think many here would have been all for their shooting.

Why allow her to get even closer? She was part of the larger zip tie-carrying "Hang Mike Pence" and "Where's Nancy?" crowd. She could have had anything in her backpack and intended to do harm. Glad she didn't make it through the window and into the Speaker's Lobby.
But it wasn't and you went there anyways. "If that had been a black guy he would've gotten it much worse than she did!"

As I said, she brought it upon herself. But as that side had not fired any guns, let alone to my knowledge even presented them, killing her was a bit extreme. Telling though that @bottomups and @It will be fine are perfectly fine with protecting their Democrat leadership by killing with guns, but think homeowners protecting their families have no right to a gun. Heaven help them if they.shoot a black guy because not only are they gun nuts but now they're racist gun nuts.

Box Ox

But it wasn't and you went there anyways. "If that had been a black guy he would've gotten it much worse than she did!"
Of course I did. Just helping Trumpees expand their thinking when they say Babbitt was wrongfully shot going through that window. If backpack-wearing hard leftists or black people had stormed the capitol that day, many here likely would have been fine with one or more of them getting shot trying to enter the Speaker's Lobby whether they'd made threats against Mike Pence and members of Congress or not.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Was she an imminent threat that required lethal force? Who knows? No trial. Don't even know the name of the cop who shot her.

vantexan

Will do. I don’t live in fear of scary people coming to rob me. That’s no way to go through life.
Most gun owners will never have to use their gun in self defense. But the one time they need the gun they're glad they have it. And that need goes up quite a bit in some cities, especially in some neighborhoods.

vantexan

Of course I did. Just helping Trumpees expand their thinking when they say Babbitt was wrongfully shot going through that window. If backpack-wearing hard leftists or black people had stormed the capitol that day, many here likely would have been fine with one or more of them getting shot trying to enter the Speaker's Lobby whether they'd made threats against Mike Pence and members of Congress or not.
As usual though instead of discussing what actually happened you go the racism route. If the rioters of last summer had shown up at the Capitol, had started throwing Molotov cocktails, smashing everything in sight, and were beating people half to death, killing some, whether they were white or black I suspect quite a few would've been shot. And for sure if half a dozen black guys had been killed white liberals would've said they wouldn't have shot up a white conservative mob like this!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Glad the cop and sheltering members of Congress didn't have to potentially find out the hard way.

According to Ricky, we should be rioting and looting until that cop is brought to justice.

I’m guessing the shooter wasn’t a run of the mill beat cop which is why we don’t know his name. Probably was as well trained as we know how to.

What's that saying? Democracy dies in darkness?

newfie

She was about to enter a protected area where members of Congress were sheltering. And she could have had a pipe bomb, incendiary device, weapons, anthrax etc in her backpack. The officer who shot her didn't know who she was or what her intentions were. Couldn't assume they weren't to do harm just because of her white skin. If that'd been some black dude going through the window I think some here might have a different perspective on the shooting.

View attachment 333701
by your criteria now all a police officer has to say is I didnt know her intentions or whether she had a weapon so i shot and killed her just in case.

Box Ox

by your criteria now all a police officer has to say is I didnt know her intentions or whether she had a weapon so i shot and killed her just in case.

Not at all. This was a Capitol Police officer defending sheltering members of Congress during an ongoing violent riot inside the Capitol Building.