El Correcto

god is dead
chauvin’s case was pretty bad. But charging the man with murder for using approved policing techniques is crazy especially considering the drugs in Floyd’s system. We could consider manslaughter but even that seems bad to me. I truly do not believe that knee to the neck/shifting to the back killed George Floyd I have reasonable doubts.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They have no obligation to accept a plea deal, happens all the time. And I think it is relevant since he was ready to admit he committed murder. Notwithstanding any of this, the way the court system works is extremely *ed up and whether you agree with the end result or not, this case really isn't an exception.

It wasn't relevant to the point I was making. If you want to make your own particular point, don't tie it to an unrelated post.

refineryworker05

I think republicans see Chauvin being convicted and all of the activism by black Americans supporting his conviction as a show of political power by black Americans, and they don't like it. There is no outrage from police officers around the nation at Chauvin's conviction, during the trial his Captain spoke out against Chauvin as well as a former sergeant and lieutenant, his fellow police officers weren't out in support of Chauvin, police unions around the nation didn't speak up for Chauvin. Yet many republican media and pundits and voters are outraged by the Chauvin conviction. Why? Again, I think republicans see black American political power as a loss of power for themselves, as a threat and this is what's driving this outrage amongst republicans. Again, the police are not outraged by this conviction.

refineryworker05

This feeling of threat from republican voters allows everything to be a culture war thing. Everything is the all powerful left and insane conspiracies. Again, the police are not outraged by Chauvin's conviction. Police unions aren't upset, rank and file police officers didn't show support for him, neither did the police leadership. So why are republicans reacting so illogically and angrily to a conviction that it seems most police support? It's because republicans see black political power is behind Chauvin's conviction.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This feeling of threat from republican voters allows everything to be a culture war thing. Everything is the all powerful left and insane conspiracies. Again, the police are not outraged by Chauvin's conviction. Police unions aren't upset, rank and file police officers didn't show support for him, neither did the police leadership. So why are republicans reacting so illogically and angrily to a conviction that it seems most police support? It's because republicans see black political power is behind Chauvin's conviction.
waaaaahh racism waaaaahh

refineryworker05

Because George Floyd overdosed.
Then why aren't the police outraged? Again police unions speak up in these cases, yet none have for Chauvin, other officers talk to reporters off the record, etc again none have for chauvin. There was zero groundswell of support for Chauvin by the police. So the police seem to think Chauvin did wrong and deserved to be punished. Why are republicans outraged and not cops? I think my theory explains that.

And I say this as no great fan of the police in general, yet not even they could stomach what Chauvin did, but republicans are outraged by the conviction. There is a reason for that and its not because republicans care more about protecting cops than cops care about protecting cops.

vantexan

I'm not seeing outrage by Republicans. Most were appalled by what happened to Floyd. But many are also appalled at the veiled threats and outright threats of imminent destruction if the desired verdict wasn't reached. No matter how heinous the crime every defendant has a right to due process and his day in court without a mob waiting outside to lynch him if they don't get what they want. Jurors shouldn't be intimidated. National politicians shouldn't weigh in before verdicts are reached and incite violence. You're probably going to now tell me I don't mean this at all, it's all a smokescreen for white supremacy, political power, blah, blah.

refineryworker05

I'm not seeing outrage by Republicans. Most were appalled by what happened to Floyd. But many are also appalled at the veiled threats and outright threats of imminent destruction if the desired verdict wasn't reached. No matter how heinous the crime every defendant has a right to due process and his day in court without a mob waiting outside to lynch him if they don't get what they want. Jurors shouldn't be intimidated. National politicians shouldn't weigh in before verdicts are reached and incite violence. You're probably going to now tell me I don't mean this at all, it's all a smokescreen for white supremacy, political power, blah, blah.
Elected republicans have not been that upset, but there is clearly a lot of outrage being expressed by republican media, republican pundits, republican voters, republicans on this website.

Veiled threats is doing a lot of work. Again for a lot of white Americans black political action is inherently wrong. It is the same reaction over and over again.

vantexan

Elected republicans have not been that upset, but there is clearly a lot of outrage being expressed by republican media, republican pundits, republican voters, republicans on this website.

Veiled threats is doing a lot of work. Again for a lot of white Americans black political action is inherently wrong. It is the same reaction over and over again.
I think a lot of white Americans react negatively to being painted as racists by black political activists as well as their white liberal allies. In the end it looks like it's just a squeeze for money, not some noble cause. The BLM founder taking money donated to the cause by corporations to buy 4 nice homes seems to encapsulate this.

refineryworker05

I think a lot of white Americans react negatively to being painted as racists by black political activists as well as their white liberal allies. In the end it looks like it's just a squeeze for money, not some noble cause. The BLM founder taking money donated to the cause by corporations to buy 4 nice homes seems to encapsulate this.
White Americans aren't being painted as racist when black people protest their local police department's treatment. Again, the reality is American political culture was created by this black people having zero power and white Americans always manage to feel threatened when that power is exercised and we get these bizarre conspiracies

vantexan

White Americans aren't being painted as racist when black people protest their local police department's treatment. Again, the reality is American political culture was created by this black people having zero power and white Americans always manage to feel threatened when that power is exercised and we get these bizarre conspiracies
American political culture was created on blacks having zero power? That's a stretch.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
White Americans aren't being painted as racist when black people protest their local police department's treatment. Again, the reality is American political culture was created by this black people having zero power and white Americans always manage to feel threatened when that power is exercised
You keep pushing your bizarre conspiracy theory about a system of secret racists. You need to get a grip.