The difference between Conservatives and Liberals

Bringdough

Ok! You can't write this stuff?

Fox news knows that American corporations only pay an effective tax rate of about 12%. NOT 35%.

So Fox news in this report is comparing a company moving from Illinois to Texas to avoid taxes to a company moving out of the USA to another country to avoid taxes? Really? WTF!

I love how Stuart Varney says move a couple jobs overseas to move a major corporation. Why not just a mailbox in the Cayman islands Stuart Varney?

Obama has tried to get corporate tax rates lower. Another Fox news lie.

This is a perfect example of the Fox news propaganda :censored2: that working class conservatives and rightwing nuts believe is news.

Its unbelievable.

Notice how they don't really address and discuss the issue of corporate tax off shoring and how it might be hurting America? Because it does?

Their only concern is shareholder value. Thats it. Just screw America. At all costs.

I have hundreds of thousands in the stock market and I own single shares of Walgreens. I have for years. Great stock.

Why can't we strike a balance between making big profits and actually giving a :censored2: about America?

Is that possible in the weird universe of Fox news?

If you watch this so called news report and believe this crap, you are a BLIND conservative. And you are just dumb. Sorry to say.
You make no sense yourself, if American corp only pay an effective rate of %12, why move? It's because they do pay more than %12. And why would corp leave 100s of billions overseas if their rate as low as you stated? They would bring some of those profits back home to help America.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

When it comes to taxes liberals and conservatives both focus on the wrong things. Liberal's viewpoints are held hostage by their emotions so their jealousy of of the rich blinds them to what's really happening.

Conservative's viewpoints are formed by thinking logically and as a result many tend to get themselves trapped on defending those that the liberals wrongfully chastise instead of moving on to what's really happening.

What's REALLY happening is that the government is spending too much money. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. There aren't enough rich people to foot the bill. There aren't enough middle class to foot the bill. And there aren't enough corporations to foot the bill. The government is 100% to blame.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

You make no sense yourself, if American corp only pay an effective rate of %12, why move? It's because they do pay more than %12. And why would corp leave 100s of billions overseas if their rate as low as you stated? They would bring some of those profits back home to help America.

Sent using BrownCafe App

No dude thats the problem. A 12% effective tax rate isn't low enough. CORPORATIONS WANT A 0% TAX RATE. ITS CALLED CORPORATE GREED. SOME CORPORATIONS ACTUALLY GET MONEY BACK FROM THE AMERICAN TAX PAYERS. Its ridiculous.

Its not even a liberal vs conservative issue? ITS ALL ABOUT GREED.

You see American corporations and Republican politicians stopped caring about America a long time ago.

Here are a few examples of corporate greed: GE PAID 0% tax on $26 billion in profit from(2005-2010)

Bank of America paid 0% tax on $4.4billion in profit and received $1 trillion in the bailout in 2010.

Exxon paid 0% tax on $19billion in profits in 2009.

Chevron paid 0% tax on $10 billion in profits in 2009.

Citigroup paid 0% tax on $4 billion profit in 2010 and received $2.5 trillion in the bailout.

Does it make sense to you now? Educate yourself with the facts and open your eyes to the greed.

I actually own GE and BAC stock. If anybody has a large index fund or ETF they probably own all these companies.

So for me as a shareholder I am pleased with the current 5 year bull run stock market.

As an American taxpayer and citizen I am concerned about how we are going to pay for police and teachers and the military and the ports and medical research and etc,.

Sure seems like a 12% tax rate would work for corporate America but apparently greed gets in the way.

purplesky

When it comes to taxes liberals and conservatives both focus on the wrong things. Liberal's viewpoints are held hostage by their emotions so their jealousy of of the rich blinds them to what's really happening.

Conservative's viewpoints are formed by thinking logically and as a result many tend to get themselves trapped on defending those that the liberals wrongfully chastise instead of moving on to what's really happening.

What's REALLY happening is that the government is spending too much money. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. There aren't enough rich people to foot the bill. There aren't enough middle class to foot the bill. And there aren't enough corporations to foot the bill. The government is 100% to blame.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Dude this is math. Not emotion.

Here are a few examples of corporate greed: GE PAID 0% tax on $26 billion in profit from(2005-2010)

Bank of America paid 0% tax on $4.4billion in profit and received $1 trillion in the bailout in 2010.

Citigroup paid 0% tax on $4 billion profit in 2010 and received $2.5 trillion in the bailout.

All these companies receive billions from the American tax payers and they benefit from being an American corporation.
Yet they pay 0%tax.

Simple math isn't jealousy. I know managers at UPS who have millions in UPS stock and I think its awesome.

I have a close relative who is a doctor and a multimillionaire. Its awesome because I use his ski condo for free.

I know several millionaires that are lawyers and business owners and its awesome to see their success. Know them from high school.

I don't know anyone who doesn't appreciate seeing people achieve success and build wealth.

Most Americans are moderates. Most Americans don't buy into the liberal vs conservative lie or game.

Most Americans just want a level playing field.

Last edited:

purplesky

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wait a second? We are the government. America wouldn't exist without a government.

American corporations wouldn't exist without an American government that provides a trillion dollar military for protection and freedom and a secure American financial system to exist in.

So American corporations now get all the benefits of our country and don't pay a damn thing for it.
Thats a great starting point for whats happening?

So you must be a Tea party person?

oldngray

nowhere special
Most Americans are moderates. You do realize that? Nobody truly enjoys high taxes.

You are like most liberals. You are way to left but call yourself a moderate. And like other liberals you don't want to pay high taxes yourself, just tax everyone else. After all, its just other people's money isn't it?

purplesky

If you really believe that then that explains a lot of your ignorance. Another typical low information voter.

Why don't you comment on Jon stewarts brilliance. Yes its comedy. But its all true and thats why its so funny.
Everything he said in his comedy bit about Corporate America is true. Fox news can't even report the truth and its supposedly a news channel. Go figure.

There is a reason why Fox news has to monitor and respond to Jon Stewart. Because Fox news knows that Jon Stewart(a comedian) now owns them. :wink2:

Overpaid Union Thug

No dude thats the problem. A 12% effective tax rate isn't low enough. CORPORATIONS WANT A 0% TAX RATE. ITS CALLED CORPORATE GREED. SOME CORPORATIONS ACTUALLY GET MONEY BACK FROM THE AMERICAN TAX PAYERS. Its ridiculous.

Its not even a liberal vs conservative issue? ITS ALL ABOUT GREED.

You see American corporations and Republican politicians stopped caring about America a long time ago.

Does it make sense to you now? Educate yourself with the facts and open your eyes to the greed.

I actually own GE and BAC stock. If anybody has a large index fund or ETF they probably own all these companies.

So for me as a shareholder I am pleased with the current 5 year bull run stock market.

As an American taxpayer and citizen I am concerned about how we are going to pay for police and teachers and the military and the ports and medical research and etc,.

Sure seems like a 12% tax rate would work for corporate America but apparently greed gets in the way.
Wait a second? We are the government. America wouldn't exist without a government.

American corporations wouldn't exist without an American government that provides a trillion dollar military for protection and freedom and a secure American financial system to exist in.

So American corporations now get all the benefits of our country and don't pay a damn thing for it.
Thats a great starting point for whats happening?

So you must be a Tea party person?

Simple math dictates that all of your points, regardless of their validity (and some are) mean nothing when the government is spending more (MUCH MUCH MORE) than the the populous are capable of covering. The problem isn't that anyone is taxed too little or at all. The problem is that the government spends to much much. It is that simple. I don't know why liberals can't figure it out. Even if every rich person, bank, big corporation, or whoever else liberals hate, paid every penny that you people think that they should pay in taxes it wouldn't cover the bill. Even if there were no tax breaks or tax dodgers we still wouldn't have enough. It is a fact. It's that simple math again. For that reason tax breaks, tax evasion, who should pay more, and who should pay less means nothing.

purplesky

You are like most liberals. You are way to left but call yourself a moderate. And like other liberals you don't want to pay high taxes yourself, just tax everyone else. After all, its just other people's money isn't it?

Again. Most Americans are moderates.

You do realize that Obama is a true moderate? Thats why true liberals are not happy with him.

Hillary Clinton is also a moderate. Get educated.

oldngray

nowhere special
Again. Most Americans are moderates.

You do realize that Obama is a true moderate? Thats why true liberals are not happy with him.

Hillary Clinton is also a moderate. Get educated.

What is sad is you probably really believe that. Of course when you surround yourself with similarly minded liberals and watch liberal comedians for your news that shouldn't be surprising.

purplesky

Simple math dictates that all of your points, regardless of their validity (and some are) mean nothing when the government is spending more (MUCH MUCH MORE) than the the populous are capable of covering. The problem isn't that anyone is taxed too little or at all. The problem is that the government spends to much much. It is that simple. I don't know why liberals can't figure it out. Even if every rich person, bank, big corporation, or whoever else liberals hate, paid every penny that you people think that they should pay in taxes it wouldn't cover the bill. Even if there were no tax breaks or tax dodgers we still wouldn't have enough. It is a fact. It's that simple math again. For that reason tax breaks, tax evasion, who should pay more, and who should pay less means nothing.

Dude American corporations like Google and Apple and GE are not paying anything?

Which part of that do you not get? Its JUST MATH.

purplesky

What is sad is you probably really believe that. Of course when you surround yourself with similarly minded liberals and watch liberal comedians for your news that shouldn't be surprising.

You probably don't even know a real liberal? You know why? Because most Americans are moderates.

oldngray

nowhere special
Google and GE are a couple of the biggest Democratic supporters. Think about why they aren't paying their fair share.

Overpaid Union Thug

Dude American corporations like Google and Apple and GE are not paying anything?

Which part of that do you not get? Its JUST MATH.

I didn't say they didn't. I'm saying that even if they did it doesn't matter when the government is racking up a bill that is impossible to pay on. That is the simple math. I actually agree that Google and the like should pay their taxes.

purplesky

So by your logic America shouldn't really exist? Because money is evil and there will never be enough money to keep Americas lights on? Sure. :crazy: