The difference between Conservatives and Liberals

oldngray

nowhere special
i_vote_democrat_because.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Too bad the real percentages are reversed with the minority admitting to be Democrats.
If you factor in the scientists who have left the universities and work in the private sector (such as engineers) then they would be overwhelmingly conservative.
So the pew study of scientists says 6% are republican, your study of 1200 machine design magazine readers says 42% are republican.... and you think that adds up to overwhelmingly conservative somehow?

The only thing that is consistent about these two different surveys is that about 1/3 of the people questioned in both identified as independent. So it appears at least 2/3's of the people questioned have their heads in the sand.

oldngray

nowhere special
So the pew study of scientists says 6% are republican, your study of 1200 machine design magazine readers says 42% are republican.... and you think that adds up to overwhelmingly conservative somehow?

The only thing that is consistent about these two different surveys is that about 1/3 of the people questioned in both identified as independent. So it appears at least 2/3's of the people questioned have their heads in the sand.

You conveniently overlooked the Democrats at only 14.5%.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You conveniently overlooked the Democrats at only 14.5%.
No I didn't. Your claim was that if you add engineers into the "scientists" total it would make the numbers "overwhelmingly conservative". Explain your math, because it doesn't add up.

If anything, adding more engineers into the study would only even things out.... bringing independents up to the same level of democrats and republicans.

purplesky

Ok! You can't write this stuff?

Fox news knows that American corporations only pay an effective tax rate of about 12%. NOT 35%.

So Fox news in this report is comparing a company moving from Illinois to Texas to avoid taxes to a company moving out of the USA to another country to avoid taxes? Really? WTF!

I love how Stuart Varney says move a couple jobs overseas to move a major corporation. Why not just a mailbox in the Cayman islands Stuart Varney?

Obama has tried to get corporate tax rates lower. Another Fox news lie.

This is a perfect example of the Fox news propaganda :censored2: that working class conservatives and rightwing nuts believe is news.

Its unbelievable.

Notice how they don't really address and discuss the issue of corporate tax off shoring and how it might be hurting America? Because it does?

Their only concern is shareholder value. Thats it. Just screw America. At all costs.

I have hundreds of thousands in the stock market and I own single shares of Walgreens. I have for years. Great stock.

Why can't we strike a balance between making big profits and actually giving a :censored2: about America?

Is that possible in the weird universe of Fox news?

If you watch this so called news report and believe this crap, you are a BLIND conservative. And you are just dumb. Sorry to say.

Last edited:

Bringdough

Ok! You can't write this stuff?

Fox news knows that American corporations only pay an effective tax rate of about 12%. NOT 35%.

So Fox news in this report is comparing a company moving from Illinois to Texas to avoid taxes to a company moving out of the USA to another country to avoid taxes? Really? WTF!

I love how Stuart Varney says move a couple jobs overseas to move a major corporation. Why not just a mailbox in the Cayman islands Stuart Varney?

Obama has tried to get corporate tax rates lower. Another Fox news lie.

This is a perfect example of the Fox news propaganda :censored2: that working class conservatives and rightwing nuts believe is news.

Its unbelievable.

Notice how they don't really address and discuss the issue of corporate tax off shoring and how it might be hurting America? Because it does?

Their only concern is shareholder value. Thats it. Just screw America. At all costs.

I have hundreds of thousands in the stock market and I own single shares of Walgreens. I have for years. Great stock.

Why can't we strike a balance between making big profits and actually giving a :censored2: about America?

Is that possible in the weird universe of Fox news?

If you watch this so called news report and believe this crap, you are a BLIND conservative. And you are just dumb. Sorry to say.
Yeah, one year friend of Obama, GE, paid nothing! Are you outraged?

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

Yeah, one year friend of Obama, GE, paid nothing! Are you outraged?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Are you drunk? Yes GE is famous for using offshore tax shelters and has received tax refunds from the U.S. government.

So Obama is somehow responsible for GE offshore tax avoidance? Huh? Drunk much?

Last edited: