The Express employee massacre continues.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Fred S-m.ith is now executive chairman of FedEx. Most people think he's gone, but he's still there. I've heard people say this merger would have never happened under Fred, but Fred is still at FedEx and he knows and approves of everything.
I saw him at the blackjack table just yesterday

Aquaman

No, Mgrs said "Some Sta will get absorbed by ground, Some Stations will take ground freight, and some Stations will take all ground(AK and HI), some they aren't sure because of market dynamics."

I will tell you this they didn't hatch the plan overnight, there is a plan, your station has its plan, its dates are set. If they were being honest they would tell people whats going on. Problem is, if they tell people the truth, they will start leaving, working less hard, pretty much not giving a damn.

If they told you JUNE 1 we are letting you go, but we want you to keep working your ass off til you punch out that last day, I promise you most would say Foff and looking for jobs the next day, there is a reason they are keeping everyone in the dark til the last minute.

First look around the stations that have been announced, have been gutted.
Most semi intelligent people are aware of this. My work ethic has dropped to nothing because of it. I’m not falling for the “business as usual” garbage. It’s not business as usual for the station and it won’t be for me either lol. My goal during this merger is to essentially rob my paycheck from this company.

dezguy

Most semi intelligent people are aware of this. My work ethic has dropped to nothing because of it. I’m not falling for the “business as usual” garbage. It’s not business as usual for the station and it won’t be for me either lol. My goal during this merger is to essentially rob my paycheck from this company.
This is the ethos I have taken. They want me to give a :censored2:, start by telling us what the hell is going on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wish more people could figure it out. I'm a big fan of everyone just walking out/sicking out or just plain not being there on a specific day. I've heard June 1. What do you you have to lose?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is the ethos I have taken. They want me to give a :censored2:, start by telling us what the hell is going on.
I find it fascinating that upper management has basically revealed the entire "plan" in various interviews and business forums. They're going to keep employees in limbo because everyone isn't losing their job. That's why everyone needs to walk out and send the message that no more games will be tolerated.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I wish more people could figure it out. I'm a big fan of everyone just walking out/sicking out or just plain not being there on a specific day. I've heard June 1. What do you you have to lose?
You’re just figuring that out Sherlock? Lol.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually, it one of the main talking points for years how "they never laid anyone off" of course with this, they'll say everyone was given an option, gee downgrade to Part time, move to another station that's going to close soon, or resign.. but nope FedEx didn't lay them off, they picked it.
Actually, they never promised to protect anyone's job. Some of you act like they welched on a promise that they didn't make.

59 Dano

Did you think this company would choose a more expensive option?
I can't speak for him (thankfully!) but there are plenty of people at Express who are still holding of the belief that the majority of drivers who lose their jobs will be Ground drivers and that Express will hire them as regular employees.

I hesitate to call them stupid but a desperate mind will entertain practically any thought that brings comfort, no matter how nonsensical it is.

59 Dano

June 1 is the goal for the white collar corporate restructuring, not the organizational restructuring. The latter will take a couple of years. If you're going to come in here and complain, at least know the basics.

Gone fishin

I can't speak for him (thankfully!) but there are plenty of people at Express who are still holding of the belief that the majority of drivers who lose their jobs will be Ground drivers and that Express will hire them as regular employees.

I hesitate to call them stupid but a desperate mind will entertain practically any thought that brings comfort, no matter how nonsensical it is.
I honestly don’t think a majority or close to it will ever go to ground. No one at my station would

59 Dano

I honestly don’t think a majority or close to it will ever go to ground. No one at my station would
It depends on the station and it might be 3 or more years from now before it happens. There is no absolute deadline. There may be a station that they have no plans to ever shrink, then stuff happens and it makes sense to move some or most of it to Ground.

Gone fishin

It depends on the station and it might be 3 or more years from now before it happens. There is no absolute deadline. There may be a station that they have no plans to ever shrink, then stuff happens and it makes sense to move some or most of it to Ground.
Should of worded that better , I think you’re right , but I was speaking on express employees going over to ground if their job is eliminated

Aquaman

Uhh they’re going to have to move a hell of a lot faster than 3 years with this. Express is not going to survive 3 years of “duck duck goose you’re fired”. This merger has already sunk morale lower than I personally thought possible. And just like they always do, top brass is completely oblivious to the fact that this is not a good job anymore. It’s the missing ingredient in every dumb plan they implement. Assuming people are happy and will do what’s required while the company figures out new ways to make their job worse. I personally don’t care anymore. They completely lost me with the 2% raise during the record COVID volume surge. I silently quit that October and have been laughing since. Screw this place. We’re the genius freight airline that thinks flying packages is too expensive. We’re a car wash that cries about the water bill. And I will joyfully watch this place erode as I steal 40 hours of pay from it every week. Like I said… this company doesn’t have 3 years to do this.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I'm pretty much a company clown who is desperate to pretend that Express is not being gutted.
Fixed it for you. You're really trying to cover a steaming pile of BS with a few grains of sand.

59 Dano

Uhh they’re going to have to move a hell of a lot faster than 3 years with this.
Going to be kind of difficult, considering the number of co-lo buildings that haven't even begun construction yet that are planned.

But hey, what's a minor issue like that?

Express is not going to survive 3 years of “duck duck goose you’re fired”. This merger has already sunk morale lower than I personally thought possible. And just like they always do, top brass is completely oblivious to the fact that this is not a good job anymore. It’s the missing ingredient in every dumb plan they implement. Assuming people are happy and will do what’s required while the company figures out new ways to make their job worse. I personally don’t care anymore. They completely lost me with the 2% raise during the record COVID volume surge. I silently quit that October and have been laughing since. Screw this place. We’re the genius freight airline that thinks flying packages is too expensive. We’re a car wash that cries about the water bill. And I will joyfully watch this place erode as I steal 40 hours of pay from it every week. Like I said… this company doesn’t have 3 years to do this.
Huge if true.

MAKAVELI

Going to be kind of difficult, considering the number of co-lo buildings that haven't even begun construction yet that are planned.

But hey, what's a minor issue like that?

Huge if true.
Kind of difficult. In other words, Raj lied to the stockholders and has no plan. LMFAO!