The Express employee massacre continues.

lilwizbiz

Although I must say I hate this for our younger dudes. Hard pill to swallow starting over. That’s if all this happens
Don’t see these guys willingly laying off ppl and paying severance for all these drivers. I just do not see it. For the sole reason being they’re cheap af

It will be fine

Doesn’t matter. It’s been slow for the past 2 weeks from FedEx. Ground folk must be mad, they were expecting a flood of express drivers being laid off. Don’t worry may-June you’ll See letters. When it doesn’t happen goalposts will move to July-august. The goalposts will keep moving mate
Most Ground guys couldn’t care less about the Express drivers. I am glad the arrogant ones are being proven wrong, though.

lilwizbiz

Most Ground guys couldn’t care less about the Express drivers. I am glad the arrogant ones are being proven wrong, though.
Still waiting for an official document from FedEx bro. You seem to think laying off or firing people is easy here at FedEx. It’s almost impossible. A company that hates paying out even a minute of overtime is all of a sudden going to pay all that severance?..If you actually believe that then give me some of that :censored2: you’re smoking

Gone fishin

I don’t think it’s arrogance at all , I think we honestly don’t see this working with undervalued employees. Express is important to this country as far as getting urgent materials to people or businesses. It’s an actual compass on our economy.
That being said , I don’t like the American worker being treat like a kid mowing lawns. If contractors take over the whole country how will that look and feel.
That’s a slow painful , sorry life with nothing to look for other than another days flat rate amounting to nothing over the years
Except for you , you’ll have a nice big house and family with a full retirement plan
That’s my problem

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A company that hates paying out even a minute of overtime is all of a sudden going to pay all that severance?
Some people seem to think that it's cheaper to pay someone every week for as many years as he wants to work than to give him a 1 time severance payment. It's mind boggling.

It will be fine

I don’t think it’s arrogance at all , I think we honestly don’t see this working with undervalued employees. Express is important to this country as far as getting urgent materials to people or businesses. It’s an actual compass on our economy.
That being said , I don’t like the American worker being treat like a kid mowing lawns. If contractors take over the whole country how will that look and feel.
That’s a slow painful , sorry life with nothing to look for other than another days flat rate amounting to nothing over the years
Except for you , you’ll have a nice big house and family with a full retirement plan
That’s my problem
At one point I worked for a contractor as a driver. I made decisions, worked my ass off and took financial risks to get where I am now. That’s capitalism, there was no way I was going to stay a driver for someone else my entire career. Jealousy doesn’t get you anywhere. Blaming the system and crying victim is for losers.

Gone fishin

At one point I worked for a contractor as a driver. I made decisions, worked my ass off and took financial risks to get where I am now. That’s capitalism, there was no way I was going to stay a driver for someone else my entire career. Jealousy doesn’t get you anywhere. Blaming the system and crying victim is for losers.
We all work hard , you don’t want to compare household incomes , trust me , I’m not jealous. I am dumbfounded how anyone could work for ground , that’s why our ground hub sucks in the area because people know what it’s about.
There’s too many better jobs around and they aren’t stupid

SmithBarney

Many of the buildings are only leased. That has to be factored into the speculation behind what Fat Freddy has in mind.
Just do what we did... call the property management company, inquire about your station location "Hello We're interested in leasing 123 FedexStation Rd, We hear it will be available soon, when do you think we can sit down with ABC property management to discuss a long term lease" The answer was given... it wasn't good.

It will be fine

We all work hard , you don’t want to compare household incomes , trust me , I’m not jealous. I am dumbfounded how anyone could work for ground , that’s why our ground hub sucks in the area because people know what it’s about.
There’s too many better jobs around and they aren’t stupid
The problem is people think entry level jobs should give them a high standard of living. They should make you work towards a better job. You should hate being poor and find a way to be wealthy. There’s nothing wrong with Ground in that regard, there’s plenty of room for advancement if you have any ambition. A lot of Americans are stupid and don’t have ambition, they deserve the scraps.

SmithBarney

I have a buddy in JANA, They were told Tuesday that there are plans to add onto the existing Ground building. Not sure how long that will take.

CGIA and SIKA were just told about their merger soon
Logan Utah was just announces as well. Half are losing their jobs
And Logan was announced back in March. I started at LGUA many moons ago, good group of workers and a extremely high output station for its size(<20 employees). We would send out a FULL CTV each night, I currently work at a station with 100+ employees and our outbound is less than 1/2 of what we did at LGUA.

fdxsux

And Logan was announced back in March. I started at LGUA many moons ago, good group of workers and a extremely high output station for its size(<20 employees). We would send out a FULL CTV each night, I currently work at a station with 100+ employees and our outbound is less than 1/2 of what we did at LGUA.
How long ago did you leave LGUA?

MAKAVELI

The problem is people think entry level jobs should give them a high standard of living. They should make you work towards a better job. You should hate being poor and find a way to be wealthy. There’s nothing wrong with Ground in that regard, there’s plenty of room for advancement if you have any ambition. A lot of Americans are stupid and don’t have ambition, they deserve the scraps.
So UPS drivers is an entry level job? Lol

MAKAVELI

I think that Amazon, FedEx Ground, and others are proving every day that being a UPS driver ought to be a high turnover, poorly paid, entry level job.
The delivery driver is the face of the company. UPS that's been 100 plus years. FedEx that's been 50 years. You have nothing without your drivers. Get a friend clue.....

MAKAVELI

Plenty of very successful companies treat their frontline workers like garbage and are wildly successful.

If it works for them, it will work for box-donkeys.
Doubt it. Walmart sells products. FedEx sells service. If UPS is superior in service with comparable price, where do you think shippers will use?