The Express employee massacre continues.

lilwizbiz

You are just refusing to accept what is happening. And you keep saying proof what more proof do you need than the CEO saying it? Ask around your area see if any buildings are being built by fedex they are building them in large metro areas as well you just may not know about it yet. In fact our new building was all over the local news for a year saying what a great thing it would for more jobs in the area. But yet express managers knew nothing of the building even they said it was obvious we would be moving but the senior and director wouldn’t even acknowledge the building.
No haven’t seen these fairy tale buildings yet. They wanna save 4B yet wanna spend all this money building new stations. I’ll believe it when I see it. I give it a 1% chance

Lates

We do have an outdated , not big enough ground hub that employs not enough workers if that’s what you’re asking. I’m not in denial at all , I know changes are coming , I just think each market will be different.
Only difference is it may take longer to build something that big in your area just a matter of time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Only difference is it may take longer to build something that big in your area just a matter of time.
John Smith and others said that it won't be feasible everywhere and that it will be a market-by-market decision based on volume, service commit times, distance from ramp(s), labor situation in those markets, etc.

dezguy

Noticed, this morning that our scanner terminals now say colo, followed by the station identifier. Don't remember it ever saying colo before.

Can anyone else confirm if their terminal screens say the same?

fdxsux

No haven’t seen these fairy tale buildings yet. They wanna save 4B yet wanna spend all this money building new stations. I’ll believe it when I see it. I give it a 1% chance
Yes, they want to save 4B but are building massive colo buildings. Forethought is not Fedex’s strong suit. It’s why we’re in this mess in the first place. Fedex spends it’s money on things not people.

zeev

Ground buildings have been in force for quite a while , capacity is not an issue , Express will be easily absorbed. Just keep telling couriers how necessary they are till they are not needed,than 👋

bacha29

Yes, they want to save 4B but are building massive colo buildings. Forethought is not Fedex’s strong suit. It’s why we’re in this mess in the first place. Fedex spends it’s money on things not people.
Many of the buildings are only leased. That has to be factored into the speculation behind what Fat Freddy has in mind.

bacha29

Ground buildings have been in force for quite a while , capacity is not an issue , Express will be easily absorbed. Just keep telling couriers how necessary they are till they are not needed,than 👋
Sort of like the reality NFL players are told right at the beginning. "You're only there until you can be replaced".

Gone fishin

Don’t forget what fedex does , they keep investors eye on the new shiny changes. Response , SRA , DRA , E-Star , change a few stations and call it a merge.
We were limited in our markets for all integration , will be the headlines in 5 years

Empty Pockets

1682622774953.png

FedEx confirms decision to close 3 pilot bases
FedEx confirms decision to close 3 pilot bases

Empty Pockets

Word is that Jackson Mississippi and Mobile Alabama will be moving to Ground as early as June.
I have a buddy in JANA, They were told Tuesday that there are plans to add onto the existing Ground building. Not sure how long that will take.

CGIA and SIKA were just told about their merger soon
Logan Utah was just announces as well. Half are losing their jobs