The Express employee massacre continues.

Mateo

I’m glad they are giving them some notice. I was told by managers that they are being encouraged to withhold information about mergers. I think we deserve some honesty. At least a window of when they expect mergers to happen. Upper management and legal were also giving instructions on how to handle employees discussing a union.

bacha29

I’m glad they are giving them some notice. I was told by managers that they are being encouraged to withhold information about mergers. I think we deserve some honesty. At least a window of when they expect mergers to happen. Upper management and legal were also giving instructions on how to handle employees discussing a union.
Union? At this point in time? It's like throwing a 25 foot rope to a guy drowning 50 feet off shore.

Empty Pockets

wakawakafish (u/wakawakafish) - Reddit

150 terminals being cut this year largest batch will be in sept-oct, so expect to see a flood of severance letters end of may - early July.

Next year, an additional 400 candidate stations are being evaluated, but nothing will happen between Nov 1-jan 1

Cutting flights seems to be a priority (or at least talked about more) than cutting terminals for the time being.

I don't know which stations are on the list other than the one next to my terminal, which is on the year 2 list.

zeev

How to lower costs in a delivery operation, aka get rid of high cost employees, first tell them how special they are , tell them they don’t need representation, you can talk to us directly, than set up a delivery system that runs next door and tell them there is nothing to worry about. Big stations will close first, biggest bang for the buck, Ground goes to 80% of the same stops. Hard economic lesson for many people.

Gone fishin

How to lower costs in a delivery operation, aka get rid of high cost employees, first tell them how special they are , tell them they don’t need representation, you can talk to us directly, than set up a delivery system that runs next door and tell them there is nothing to worry about. Big stations will close first, biggest bang for the buck, Ground goes to 80% of the same stops. Hard economic lesson for many people.
Who are these high cost employees you speak of ?

Guitarman01

Yes in the grand scheme of things FedEx express doesn't really pay much to begin with along with missing step raises during record profits. Now they think they are going to compete with UPS by offering employees even less lol? I would say they lost out to UPS to begin with because they went the contractor model.

It will be fine

The drivers are one thing, all the support and mid level management is another. They can eliminate a lot of HR, management, admin staff, etc by combining buildings. They push all the costs of recruiting and training drivers onto contractors. All the employment liability and work comp type claims get passed onto contractors. Driver wages are just a portion of the cost savings with contracting out the work.

MAKAVELI

The drivers are one thing, all the support and mid level management is another. They can eliminate a lot of HR, management, admin staff, etc by combining buildings. They push all the costs of recruiting and training drivers onto contractors. All the employment liability and work comp type claims get passed onto contractors. Driver wages are just a portion of the cost savings with contracting out the work.
Until it costs them lost business due to lack of service.

zeev

Fast Freddy’s first love was never Express but J.B . Hunt the trucking company with no trucks all owner operators. Contractors who took all the risk and absorbed all the expenses, finally bankruptcy has eliminated all the weak owners, most trucking companies have gone back to the employee model because of the shortage of fools.

It will be fine

Has there been a successful merge in a prominent area yet. I read on another board Minnesota is failing.
I don’t think any current results matter much. The backend software isn’t finished. They are still brute forcing the packages into the Ground network. Once the networks are actually aligned and the shipping software allows for proper sorting we’ll have a better idea on how Ground handles the volume.

lilwizbiz

wakawakafish (u/wakawakafish) - Reddit

150 terminals being cut this year largest batch will be in sept-oct, so expect to see a flood of severance letters end of may - early July.

Next year, an additional 400 candidate stations are being evaluated, but nothing will happen between Nov 1-jan 1

Cutting flights seems to be a priority (or at least talked about more) than cutting terminals for the time being.

I don't know which stations are on the list other than the one next to my terminal, which is on the year 2 list.
Lol hilarious take

Gone fishin

I don’t think any current results matter much. The backend software isn’t finished. They are still brute forcing the packages into the Ground network. Once the networks are actually aligned and the shipping software allows for proper sorting we’ll have a better idea on how Ground handles the volume.
All we can do is wait and see. Everyone get their financials in order. Older guys is kind of perfect as most of us are retiring or going part time. It would be my best Xmas in 35 years if it happens soon.

lilwizbiz

Has there been a successful merge in a prominent area yet. I read on another board Minnesota is failing.
Doesn’t matter. It’s been slow for the past 2 weeks from FedEx. Ground folk must be mad, they were expecting a flood of express drivers being laid off. Don’t worry may-June you’ll See letters. When it doesn’t happen goalposts will move to July-august. The goalposts will keep moving mate

Gone fishin

Although I must say I hate this for our younger dudes. Hard pill to swallow starting over. That’s if all this happens

Gone fishin

Doesn’t matter. It’s been slow for the past 2 weeks from FedEx. Ground folk must be mad, they were expecting a flood of express drivers being laid off. Don’t worry may-June you’ll See letters. When it doesn’t happen goalposts will move to July-august. The goalposts will keep moving mate
I’m personally ready , can’t wait if I was part time and they ask me for help. Hahaha , uh uh uh NO