THE ON CALL PICKUP? (On topic)

542thruNthru

I've received on call pick ups at 1630 a few times. With a closed time of 1700. Usually I decline in and say not enough time but than they just change the time to 1730.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes but if theyre closed it's not my problem as long as I'm with in the pick up window.
These are all residential in my case. We used to have a cut off for calling them in. Now you might have to go to the other edge of your route for a rs package. Seems like a money loser for the company.

542thruNthru

These are all residential in my case. We used to have a cut off for calling them in. Now you might have to go to the other edge of your route for a rs package. Seems like a money loser for the company.
I rarely ever get a resi on call pick up. If I do I usually get it early and ask for 1800 pick up time.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
The Amazon junkies already know about us having to take prepaid labels....giant sign “UPS PLEASE TAKE” with 10 Amazon returns underneath we it.
🧔✊

Grindstone

I have a Shoe Show on my route. Use to be on a route with another one as well. They make on calls instead of paying for a scheduled pu. Latest one I ever got from them was 730(8 pm commit)...as I was walking toward the diad rack. Every once in a while I'll have 3 or 4 for them in the board whenever I go to pick up before I leave area to finish outer resi deliveries. It's a PITA when they send more in the evening and have to back track at the end of the day. Seems like an abuse of our on call system.

barnyard

KTM rider
It used to be 5:00pm.
I believe that it still is.

We have a bank that will call in PU at 16:30ish, they close at 17:30. Frequently, they will send me the PU to get "on my way to the building." It adds 15 miles to my day and it is always so late in the day, that I cannot change my break plans to eat in that town for a change of pace.

Bums me out.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Ive heard 1900 here. Latest I got one was nearly 1940, and the message said it was ready at 1850. Any later and I wouldnt have been able to get it. OMS blamed the outsourced guy in pakistan but I'm pretty sure they were just playing candy crush.

Whither

Scofflaw
I rarely get them later than 1600 but have seen a few past 1700. Always love getting one 10 minutes after I've finished delivering that section of the route.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Hey, if ups can make record profits and piss away money, who are we to question it? Not many billionaires that don't waste some money on stupid decisions. Just more easy money for me.